Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damn The Machine

Go down 
+8
Todd Jaymz
SAHB Healer
Temple of Blood
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
Rex
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:53 pm

Damn The Machine 1343698343_l

Anyone remember this lost gem from the 90s? Pulled it off the shelf today to give it a listen. I haven't listened to it in a long time. Solid album! Not amazing, but really, really good. I think a second album from these guys would have been much better. Too bad this was a one-and-done album.

When I first heard it back in the 90s, I didn't like it. It was a bit too mellow and progressive for me then, similar to Inside Our-era Fates Warning. I was more into that traditional metal style at the time. But years later I found it again in a used bin and picked it up. My tastes had evolved by this point and I found myself really diggin' the album. Now I like it even more than I did then.

http://www.myspace.com/damnthemachine
Back to top Go down

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:08 pm

Heard it a few times...thought it was kinda boring....and I love Inside Out-era Fates Warning...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Back in the day I was gonna take my brother to see VoiVod (on their OUTER LIMITS tour) for his birthday and Damn The Machine were gonna be the opening act... but the gig got cancelled!!

angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:57 pm

Like you, I haven't pulled it off the shelf in a while. Might have to do that and take it to work tomorrow.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:01 pm

I had it when it was new, and didn't like it at all. I haven't cared to hear it again since.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Like you, I haven't pulled it off the shelf in a while. Might have to do that and take it to work tomorrow.

ult

Same here. I have it, but haven't listened to it in awhlie.
Back to top Go down

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:22 pm

It's a good CD. Not a CD you'd listen to all the time, but I think it's solid.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:29 pm

This band features Chris Poland from the first two Megadeth albums. Based on those Megadeth albums, he is one of my favorite guitarists. That's the only reason I have heard of it and own it. I listened once or twice and seem to remember liking it well enough, but I can't remember a thing about it now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:59 pm

AchrisK wrote:
This band features Chris Poland from the first two Megadeth albums. Based on those Megadeth albums, he is one of my favorite guitarists. That's the only reason I have heard of it and own it. I listened once or twice and seem to remember liking it well enough, but I can't remember a thing about it now.

I bought it for that reason as well, although I don't recall it sounding anything like Megadeth. I remember being a little disappointed, but eventually warming up to it. I may have to break that one out this week. It's been awhile.
Back to top Go down

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Yeah, it's nothing like Megadeth.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Great album!

MUCH better than "Inside Out". More rocking as well.

I would love to find some live footage or unreleased tracks from this band.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:01 pm

I remember listing to it at a store when it was new, and deciding against buying it. That was a long time ago though. I've become curious about it since.
Back to top Go down

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:00 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Great album!

MUCH better than "Inside Out". More rocking as well.

I would love to find some live footage or unreleased tracks from this band.
There's a single for "Silence" with two non-LP covers on it. Other than that, there's just their debut demo. I've never seen it, though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:01 pm

Yeah, I can never find that EP anywhere though.
Back to top Go down

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Yeah, I can never find that EP anywhere though.
$60 on eBay. lol!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, it's nothing like Megadeth.

🤘

Nope, it's no Megadeth, but if I remember correctly, it does have that signature Chris Poland sound in the leads.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:12 pm

At first I didn't care for the cd that much, but live they were pretty good-TJ
Back to top Go down

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:14 am

The world gets smaller every day because of the internet.

I joined up to a new writing forum the other day, and tonight this John Skipp guy posts about Mumbo's Brain (this was the post-Damn the Machine group). He's the John Skipp that sang on the Mumbo's Brain demo! On a writing forum! How random.

I love the internet.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:52 am

Whats equally as random and a fine damn story if I must say so myself, but back about a year before this cd was released there was an add in the local Seattle music paper (The Rocket) that read something like: pro guitarist starting a very progressive hard rock band, played in Megadeth, looking for bassist, vocals, etc...based out of LA with a contact number. Hhhmmm, so me, I call it up. Not expecting much and curious to see if it is who I assumed it to be.And low and behold it was in fact Mr. Poland! We talked about Megadeth and music and places to eat in Seattle and if he was looking for a rhythm guitarist ( Smile ) and a ton of other stuff. Probebly burnt up about an hour of long distance charges. I thanked him for taking the time to talk to a random guy who just happened to be a musician and a fan boy and wished him continued success and he said no problem good talking to you and thanks for the call and good luck.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:05 pm

I need to check but I'm pretty sure I have that ep.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:04 pm

I do have the ep. It has 4 songs on it.

Tracklisting:
Silence
I Will
I'd Love To Change The World
Cat Food
Back to top Go down

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Are you trying to hurt us, or do you want to trade it? lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Are you trying to hurt us, or do you want to trade it? lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:10 pm

I haven't played this cd in a long time, I remember being disappointed
on this album for some reason, but listening to it again I don't recall
why I didn't care for it, maybe I was expecting " Peace Sells Vol II,
but it is very good solid album featuring some cooler but subdue
playing from Chris Poland. I am glad I held onto this cd.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:57 pm

manny wrote:
I haven't played this cd in a long time, I remember being disappointed
on this album for some reason, but listening to it again I don't recall
why I didn't care for it, maybe I was expecting " Peace Sells Vol II,
but it is very good solid album featuring some cooler but subdue
playing from Chris Poland. I am glad I held onto this cd.

I kinda felt the same way. I was initially kinda disappointed, but over time it grew on me. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damn The Machine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn The Machine   Damn The Machine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damn The Machine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next