Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DAMN, this guy can shred!

Go down 
+4
ThrashedOutCobra33
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
Mglaffas81
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

DAMN, this guy can shred! Empty
PostSubject: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:48 am

This guy plays this 100x better than what DragonForce offers live - DraginForce can't play half their set correctly on a regular basis.

- The sound is sh*tty, bu oh my god, this dude is sick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQknCPSUjc&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Pffft! This notion that Dragonforce can't play live is absolutely ludicrous. First off, it's LIVE! Every band plays better in the controlled environment of a studio. The best metal singers out there are not as good live as they are in the studio. Dio is amazing live, always has been, but if people scrutinize every single not he sings, they're going to complain that he's not singing "correctly." But it's still awesome!

That is a killer performance! And those verse melodies sound so much like Garth Brooks's "Thunder Rolls!" Haha.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:53 pm

I still love 'em though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:55 pm

Quote :
This notion that Dragonforce can't play live is absolutely ludicrous.

I've seen them. I think they did fine...and did it drunk!! (Which is actually a shame)

Love Dragonforce!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:51 am

Not saying that they can't play - My point is that they complicate things too much.

Case in point, DragonForce - Yes, when they are sitting in the studio, they are relaxed, calm, and focus only on the guitar - But live, first of all, they are drunk, which is not only irresponsible, but fans use it as an excuse to why they play like crap - I have seen many live performances by them, and it's like everyone is just playing a different thing, it doesn't go together, and it sounds like crap - DragonForce are studio-band, not a live band - If they want to show off by doing the hand switch, the "Keyboard" guitar solo's and all that, fine - Just make sure you can play it somewhat right and in tune live! - And the whole point of this thred was to listen to this guy play..... because he is amazing.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:49 am

Mglaffas81 I totally agree with you.. My friend said he saw a show though and they were amazing..but then again he thinks anything is amazing
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:07 am

i remember seeing Gamma Ray live... i was so disappointed that Kai could not hit the notes live. i understand now that he needed rest & did the best a live performer could do. i still love the band.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:16 am

Check this kid out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvx6rIAL-_I&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:08 am

troublezone wrote:
Check this kid out.

I remember that little wigger. That kid can shred.

And Mlagasafllalf81, find me footage of the band on YouTube where they "play like crap." Because I've not seen any.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:34 am

i will say though i have seen dragonforce live and they were really shabby live. you could not tell what songs they were playing it was just a mush of sound

although i will allow bad sound quality to be factored in
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Check this kid out.

I remember that little wigger. That kid can shred.

And Mlagasafllalf81, find me footage of the band on YouTube where they "play like crap." Because I've not seen any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdMIQ1jfJm0

- There are a lot of parts they don't even play, and instead just play it in a simple rythm form.....some is okay, but they do it throughout the song, which is very lame

- And it's Mglaffas - not Mlagasafllalf Very Happy
There you go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:49 am

I watched that clip earlier and they sound great. Very few bands play everything live that is on an album. Some bands with just one guitarist have two guitars going at the same time, playing different things, but they obviously can't do that live.

You guys are simply looking for something to complain about here. Anyone that listens to that video above and complains that its lame is a jackass. And I say that with loads of pseudo-internet respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:41 am

You guys are simply looking for something to complain about here. Anyone that listens to that video above and complains that its lame is a jackass. And I say that with loads of pseudo-internet respect.[/quote]

I agree. That guy can shred, and he knows buisness too. I also think that what's the use in complaining when it isn't that big of a deal. We need to get along, don't ya think. Just agree with eyesore that he's right. Let's get along! greedy
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:50 am

I've seen Dragonforce twice now, and surprisingly, neither performance was sloppy. The first gig was absolutely spectacular and remains one of my favourite concerts. They're a fun live band. When I caught them at Download '06, they weren't as good, but that's because their set was plagued by terrible sound issues, where guitars cut out frequently. This notion that they're drunk and terrible live is ridiculous - as far as I'm aware, it's only Sam who ever gets 'drunk' and even then, he can still play well (...which is impressive, ha). They're a lot more tight live than people seem to give them credit for.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 8:27 am

Quote :
They're a fun live band.

Quote :
it's only Sam who ever gets 'drunk' and even then, he can still play well

Agreed and agreed. In fact, the other guys more or less nursed their beer or had none at all. They were good. The two best live bands I've seen that had the best Live sound - Bride and Airbourne - do have more simplistic songs that are meant for the bar and it shows, but I thought the Dragonforce show was very good as well and they were the most FUN of any band I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:14 pm

All right, confession here - I was in a wierd state/mood when I wrote trash about DragonForce before - They are actually a very fun and entertaining live band (except for that singer, who swears constantly, and thinks he is so cool)...... and they are not THAT bad as I described, they do screw up a bit, but they are decent overall - Sorry for my ignorance, Eyesore

Mglaffas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAMN, this guy can shred!   DAMN, this guy can shred! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DAMN, this guy can shred!
Page 1 of 1