Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damn Kids...

Go down 
+4
mc666
Shiney
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 2:11 pm

Well this guy was older then me, but awhile ago he was trying to tell me bands like Megadeth and Metallica aren't metal anymore because bands like Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold are way harder....

Needless to say I ripped his throatbox out....
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 2:15 pm

This thread sounds like something a kid would post.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 2:15 pm

One time I was browsing through a small CD store and there were these kids next to me. One was wearing a KORN shirt, the other a METALLICA shirt. They picked up a copy of the first DAMN YANKEES CD and said, "this band is just trying to copy Metallica when they were a metal band". I almost fell on the floor laughing. Man, when I was a teenager, I loved and respected the roots of the music I listened to. These kids just had no clue.

As for the comment made to you Chairman_Smith, that's just silly. Sure, in the 1980's, Metallica and Slayer were heavier than Judas Priest and Black Sabbath, but we didn't say they weren't metal anymore because Metallica and Slayer were "way harder." Ignorance runs deep.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 2:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This thread sounds like something a kid would post.

I usually don't but he pissed me off yesterday when I was listening to Dio, and it was stored in my thread posting part of my brain...

I respect what hes into, until he s**ts on what I do.
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 3:26 pm

Kids today just don't care about music. It's free. There's no personal connection to music with the majority of these kids. They just don't get it at all. When I was younger I didn't give a crap about bands I disliked. Today the kids are passionate about it. It's weird. And the worst part is that they really have no frickin' clue! I mean, do you know how many times I've heard someone tell me In Flames is a nu-metal band now! It's unreal. It's like, "Son, when you educate yourself on what nu-metal really is, then we can talk. Otherwise shut your mailbox for cocks!" Haha.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 4:50 pm

"Otherwise shut your mailbox for cocks!"

had this not made me laugh so very hard...I' be waggling my "tsk tsk" finger at you for uncalled for crudeness....

Smile

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 6:41 pm

Haha. It was either that or "close up the penis hostel," but that didn't sound as funny.
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:52 pm

I'm a ''kid'' (13 years old) and I only know 2 guys (who is my friend's older brother and my brother's friend) who know what is true Heavy Metal... When I'm looking around me and I'm asking to my friend what are they listening. They tell me that they listen to Korn and those crap. I don't know why but they are all listening to this music without understanding the lyric (I'm Québécois so I speak French) and they don't know what is the name of the singer or things like this.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:38 am

it's not much different then some of the threads i've read in here that go the opposite direction. by those who feel that metal should never have evolved past 1990. it's a closed minded conspiracy. you should show respect to both the old & new.

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:47 am

mc666 wrote:
it's not much different then some of the threads i've read in here that go the opposite direction. by those who feel that metal should never have evolved past 1990. it's a closed minded conspiracy. you should show respect to both the old & new.

I don't care for most newer metal, but thats just it, I don't care for it, its when people that try to tell me what to listen to is when I start caring.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 5:30 pm

Eyesore is right, kids these days have no personal connection to music. To me it has always had a strong emotional meaning to me stemming from the years I had to fight for my album and cassette collection like Dee Snider and Rob Halford at their respective court hearings and defend myself and my choices of music to family and so called friends. I used to have to mislabel cassettes or put them in emty cases with a homeade paper liner so as not to be called on the carpet for another hearing. If anyone saw my tape collection in 1987 they would have thought that Bon Jovi and Stryper hade about 76 releases each. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 12:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
Kids today just don't care about music. It's free. There's no personal connection to music with the majority of these kids. They just don't get it at all. When I was younger I didn't give a crap about bands I disliked. Today the kids are passionate about it. It's weird. And the worst part is that they really have no frickin' clue! I mean, do you know how many times I've heard someone tell me In Flames is a nu-metal band now! It's unreal. It's like, "Son, when you educate yourself on what nu-metal really is, then we can talk. Otherwise shut your mailbox for cocks!" Haha.
MOST kids... it's ignorant to assume all, but I doubt you generalized every kid on the planet...
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 7:41 am

Quote :
I mean, do you know how many times I've heard someone tell me In Flames is a nu-metal band now! It's unreal.

Kinda like how when I was a kid (I'm 35 now). All the people older than me in the early 80's always rolled thier eyes when I would refer to AC/DC as "Heavy Metal". They were into AC/DC in the 70's...so with my limited knowledge at the time (HtH & BiB), I didn't know what I was saying really...just saying how I saw it & how it was presented to me. AC/DC was played on "Metal Shop" so of course, to me, it was Heavy Metal...just like Poison & Aldo Nova. LOL!
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 1:15 pm

buggie_strikes_back! wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MOST kids... it's ignorant to assume all, but I doubt you generalized every kid on the planet...

Yeah because I don't think i'm like them. After 1990 Metal is so boring for me...Band like Korn or Limb Bit...Limb Bitz...(Don't know how to write it) just suck! I heard someone telling me that Ace Frehley was someone playing Soft Rock...Shocked I was just like...GET THE F*CK OUT OF HERE!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 3:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I'm sure some guys on here consider me a kid, i'm only 20.
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Semantics. Don't go there! Haha. Of course I didn't mean every kid on the planet.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 6:49 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I don't care for most newer metal, but thats just it, I don't care for it, its when people that try to tell me what to listen to is when I start caring.
yeah i wasn't refering to your situation specificly. i was just making a general comment.

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 9:41 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'm sure some guys on here consider me a kid, i'm only 20.

If they consider you a kid...Am I a baby?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 5:14 am

yeah people define a kid. in england if someone called you that it is mildly offensive but in america it seems to be the norm. oh and by the way i do buy music and rarely download it and i know what nu - metal is and in flames are a meldic death metal band related to the gothenburg new wave of swedish death metal scene than korn

so do not assume all "kids" are the same as discussed above

by the way im 18 so i am actually an adult here but in america probably not
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 6:41 am

Nothing wrong with having a bit of youth.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 6:55 am

I can tell you that more then one on this forum would love to be 16 or 17 again. Not me because i love to be more then 30 but for shore many would prefere to go back in time and be 15 or 16 because they only remember the good things and they think that before everything was better then today.
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 6:13 am

If kids today like Trivium, AX7 and so on.

Why should you care? You always got your old Anthrax, Dio, Kreator, Artillery, Sodom, Coroner records.

Let them be ignorant fucks to their music's roots and bang your head to the sound and F*** everything else. Smile
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 8:41 am

I bang my head to the old school stuff and all the new school metal.... who cares if it's old or new... as long as I like it?
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:25 am

Seeds of Pain, i wasn't talkin' about you. Of course you can dig your Trivium as much as you want to. That's my point, you listen to anykinds of stuff you like. Just don't start to mock other dudes listening taste, that's what they like, that's what you like. That's what i was trying to explain.
Back to top Go down

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:31 am

Bombfood we agree on that... I will never mock anyone for their taste in music. Some of my friends listen to (in my ears crappy) dancetunes... if they enjoy them... good for them. I, however, do hope that people will try to keep their eyes open for both the old and the new bands. I often wonder why stores have sales bins full of little gems priced at $2-$5 and no one seems to buy anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damn Kids... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Kids...   Damn Kids... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damn Kids...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next