Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?

Go down 
+26
DeathCult
the sentinel
jstate
thejokeriv
7thSecond
Damien Solta
Stender
Lurideath
UltraMagnus007
Rex
mc666
iamrockerfun
Invader
powermacho
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
XYZ
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
INVADERS
Chairman_Smith
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
ultmetal
DallasBlack
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Yes
Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Vote_lcap85%Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 85% [ 34 ]
No
Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Can't Say For Sure
Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 5:23 pm

depends on the song man.
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 5:50 pm

I like most solos, because usually they bring a good song into the relm of a great song, and some shredders wouldn't have much withought solo's and i like shredders! So Solo's aren't alwase needed, but usualy don't hurt in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:52 pm

Depends on the song. Most of the time, yes, though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:42 pm

Love em - imagine Wait by White Lion with no solo! Imagine if St Anger and solos (well, and guitars not tuned so far down the chords are unrecognizable, a drum sound that wasn't played on the first act kit, etc) Ok - Imagine the classics with no solos!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:46 pm

It also depends on the style. Most punk songs don't have time for solos.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:09 pm

I consider them an important element of a song. Love a real killer solo. Most times it can only be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:36 pm

Yes. They are very important to me. A song seems monotonous without a guitar solo, or at least a part where the guitar is prominently featured and seems to stand out a little more than the rest of the instruments. This is my issue, and I am sure a lot of other people feel the same, with Nu-metal. The profound lack of a guitar solo, imho, really makes the music suffer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:57 pm

One guy voted no.

Kill him.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:04 pm

Indeed they are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:21 pm

Yes, but I don't want one on every song because then I think they lose their impact somewhat. Of course what I'm really into is the twin guitar jams rather than solos, but many bands aren't built for that.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:41 pm

Very important to me they help make the song
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:03 am

It's all about the songs maaan!

If it fits so be it, but it's not a necessity.

Although i hate the whole shred wank guitar solos, you know the guys who treat guitar playing like a sport. "Hey man did ya hear Vai can play 30 notes per second, lets try and beat it", absolutley hate that way of thinking that goes into guitar solos.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:33 am

every metal sonh should have solos or it aint metal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You?   Are Guitar Solos Imortant To You? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2