Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foo Fighters

Go down 
+13
Addy
sam
thejokeriv
Troublezone
manny
ThrashedOutCobra33
Sword Of The Heretic
Wargod
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
XYZ
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Foo Fighters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Took you long enough to find this thread Addy. Smile

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:48 pm

Heheh Im surprised there was one started by someone who wasnt me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:49 pm

I just got into them today. Like many others on the boards they did nothing for me but a friend of mine wants to record an album and asked if I'd be the guitarist and chief lyricist so I decided to check out the music he's into. I like the Foo's, I just don't know if I have that kind of style in me as a lyricist/guitarist so I'm contemplating turning down his offer...it's just not my style and I don't write for radio at all.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:20 pm

NO. Not at all
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:15 pm

Having recently completed my Foo Fighters discography, I've come to realize that these guys have a ton of b-sides, cover tunes and soundtrack releases. A lot of them have been released as bonus discs on re-issues of their older albums, but man oh man, these guys could release one heckuva box set some day with all this excess material.

Just sayin'.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Their B-Sides and cover tunes are generally great. I've got quite a few Foo import singles that all have at least one B-Side as well as a cover tune or live track or two and they were definitely worth tracking down.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Svengo wrote:
Their B-Sides and cover tunes are generally great. I've got quite a few Foo import singles that all have at least one B-Side as well as a cover tune or live track or two and they were definitely worth tracking down.

I have a coupla, but when I was looking at their discography on Wikipedia, I was amazed at the sheer volume of tunes, not to mention the diversity of some of the songs they chose to cover, from Vanity 6 to Killing Joke to Ace Frehley.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Svengo wrote:

I have a coupla, but when I was looking at their discography on Wikipedia, I was amazed at the sheer volume of tunes, not to mention the diversity of some of the songs they chose to cover, from Vanity 6 to Killing Joke to Ace Frehley.

Yeah, Dave seems to have some real breadth to his taste in music. If he likes an artist chances are he'll eventually cover a song of theirs. I believe I read somewhere that he has a ton of unreleased covers in various states from rough demos to fully mixed and mastered ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:59 pm

Broke out In Your Honor today..."Best Of You" is an amazing song...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:36 am

S wrote:
Broke out In Your Honor today..."Best Of You" is an amazing song...

It was an amazing song until our head of public relations made us use it for every building highlight video we produced for him. Now I can't hear that song without thinking of him and his overly-tan, overbearing, obnoxious person. I hate PR people.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:18 am

I think "Resolve" is my fav from In Your Honor that and "Friend of a Friend"
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:54 pm

akeldama wrote:
I just got into them today. Like many others on the boards they did nothing for me but a friend of mine wants to record an album and asked if I'd be the guitarist and chief lyricist so I decided to check out the music he's into. I like the Foo's, I just don't know if I have that kind of style in me as a lyricist/guitarist so I'm contemplating turning down his offer...it's just not my style and I don't write for radio at all.

I like the Foo Fighters but I dont understand your statement here at all... Who wouldnt want to write for radio? Bands dont know if they are going to be popular, writing hooks and pop melodies is what its all about. You want to make songs that are memorable. Look at all these metal bands who have no radio access but have more hooks and melodies then a lot of whats heard on the radio.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:25 am

They're not bad... Dave Grohl is a talented guy.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:13 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I like the Foo Fighters but I dont understand your statement here at all... Who wouldnt want to write for radio? Bands dont know if they are going to be popular, writing hooks and pop melodies is what its all about. You want to make songs that are memorable. Look at all these metal bands who have no radio access but have more hooks and melodies then a lot of whats heard on the radio.

I love the Foos one of my favorite bands Love em love em love em!!!!!!!

If i were a musician i would say maybe i should record heheh but i cant play guitar (sniffle)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:36 am

Foo news...

Quote :
A new photo of former NIRVANA bandmates Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic, along with producer Butch Vig, can be found below. The trio is collaborating on the next album from Grohl's post-NIRVANA band FOO FIGHTERS, due out in 2011. Grohl broke the news to the BBC in England, saying only that Novoselic will make a guest appearance on bass. The album is being produced by Vig, who produced NIRVANA's landmark 1991 album, "Nevermind", which also marked Grohl's recording debut with the iconic alternative trio.

According to The Pulse of Radio, Grohl and Novoselic have not recorded together since NIRVANA cut its final song back in 1993, "You Know You're Right". Grohl recalled the sessions for that track. "We had some time off before a tour, and Kurt wanted to go in and demo some stuff, so I said, 'Hey, why don't we do it at this studio down the street from my house,'" he said. "And we went down there, and we had three days booked. Kurt came in the last day and we were like, 'Okay, what do you wanna do?' And Kurt said, 'Well, why don't we do that song we've been doing at soundcheck?' And so we rehearsed it, I think, once, and then recorded it. Kurt did three or four vocal takes, and that was it."

Grohl also said that the new FOO FIGHTERS record, their seventh studio effort, is the band's heaviest yet, adding, "Each song is full on, the whole record is full on. In the 14 songs, there's not one acoustic guitar, there's not even one in the house."

The band is recording the album in Grohl's garage, with Grohl calling it "totally old school" and adding, "This whole project has been really cool. I haven't made a record with Butch for 20 years."

The recording process is also being filmed for a movie that will surface next year in conjunction with the album release.

The new FOO FIGHTERS set will follow up 2007's "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace", which won a Grammy for album of the year. The band went on hiatus after touring behind the disc, as Grohl worked with THEM CROOKED VULTURES.

Foo Fighters - Page 2 Grohlkrist

Butch Vig looks like someone stole his stapler.

PostSubject: Re: Foo Fighters   Foo Fighters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foo Fighters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2