Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cult - Sonic Temple

Go down 
+7
Leatherface
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

The Cult - Sonic Temple - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Sonic Temple   The Cult - Sonic Temple - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
So no sound check, I assume FF? Had the Metalli-Ego already taken over by then?

Nah, from what I could see, Ian Astbury was drunk as a skunk and just didnt' wanna be there. They were getting no crowd reaction so Ian finally just laid on the drum riser for the rest of the set mumbling into the mic while the band played on around him.

I found out later that by that point in the tour (this was towards the end of their run w/Metallica) the Cult guys had gotten so sick of being abused every night by the Metallica crowds that they had just given up.

Which sucked for me, as a fan of BOTH bands who had been hoping for a killer double bill, of course!!!

I saw the same bill on 6/24/89 in Alpine Valley. Towards the end of The Cult, rowdy fans started ripping up sod all over the place and launching it. I can't remember if The Cult had to exit stage right early or not, but someone would occasionally get over the loud speaker and state that Metallica won't come out to play until this stops. Do you think they stopped? NO. The band probably figured out, let's get on stage, and it will cease. It did, and the concert kicked ass.
Back to top Go down

The Cult - Sonic Temple
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2