Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sonic age records

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

sonic age records Empty
PostSubject: sonic age records   sonic age records Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:06 pm

has anyone bought anything from this site? They have all the old Pantera cds and I was going to pick them up but I wanted to see if anyone has bought anything from them first. their website is http://www.SonicAgeRecords.com lemme know.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

sonic age records Empty
PostSubject: Re: sonic age records   sonic age records Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:15 pm

Ok thats what I was thinking. The guy wrote me back and his name was Kostas haha. thanks!

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

sonic age records Empty
PostSubject: Re: sonic age records   sonic age records Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:26 pm

I have ordered from them and I think they are great. Not sure about those particular items though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

sonic age records Empty
PostSubject: Re: sonic age records   sonic age records Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:33 pm

If by "the old Pantera CDs" you mean the four pre-COWBOYS FROM HELL "hair era" albums then those are definitely bootlegs. The only one of those albums that was ever legitimately available on CD was the last one (POWER METAL, 1988) which was released on the Pantera boys' own label (Metal Magic), it obviously has been out of print forever.

All four of those albums have been widely bootlegged onto CD since the band got big, of course.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

sonic age records Empty
PostSubject: Re: sonic age records   sonic age records Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:38 pm

Really? Damn. After a decade-plus of fruitless searching for a CD copy of Trouble's S/T, I'd almost settle for a bootleg at this point, if it were decent quality anyway...

*EDIT* Shoot. I looked the S/T up on that site and it (as well as MANIC) is "temporarily out of stock." That figures. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

sonic age records Empty
PostSubject: Re: sonic age records   sonic age records Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Yea I kind of had a feeling the first 3 albums were'nt on cd. Ive seen them bootlegged a couple times in a store but they looked really crappy so I never bothered to get them. These sound like they would be better quality. They are $20 plus if you sign up to something you get 20% off your order. I signed up to it just for the hell of it, but maybe I wont even bother now. I remember reading back a while ago about them working on a Pantera Box Set anyway. Whether they would have these albums in the box set I dont know.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

sonic age records Empty
PostSubject: Re: sonic age records   sonic age records Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:19 pm

I remember hearing some talk about Vinnie Paul planning to re-release the four early Panteras in a box set on his own "Big Vin" label quite awhile back but it might have just been internet BS.

Back to top Go down

sonic age records Empty
PostSubject: Re: sonic age records   sonic age records Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:42 pm

sonic age records 83628

Kostas (the owner of Sonic Age) told me they are currently having a deal on shipping. Shipping for all orders (no matter how large) is 6 Euros worldwide. Check it out!

http://www.sonicagerecords.com
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

sonic age records Empty
PostSubject: Re: sonic age records   sonic age records Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:31 pm

They sell a lot of bootlegs, but Sonic Age is a great store nonetheless. They're a sister company to Cult Metal Classics, which is one of the best labels out there imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sonic age records Empty
PostSubject: Re: sonic age records   sonic age records Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sonic age records
Page 1 of 1