Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic Syndicate

Go down 
+7
Lurideath
mc666
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
kmorg
ultmetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Sonic Syndicate.

Anyone familiar with this band? Any fans?

How would you describe them?

SS are a generally labeled a Swedish Melo-death band. So far I have "Only Inhuman" and "We Rule the Night" on CD. Their sound is a mixture of melodeath and metalcore with some modern pop rock mixed in as well. The music is equally guitar and keyboard dirven and there is very little in the way of guitar solos. I hear some Euro-power metal influences in the music as well.

I like death metal vox, but SS don't have death metal vocals. They are more like metalcore screaming IMO. There are equal parts clean vocals as well. Not sure how to describe them, but when I was playing "Only Inhuman" at work today, a young guy said, "I didn't know you liked emo?" I'm not even remotely a fan of, or really all that familiar with emo, so I have no idea if that description is accurate or not.

If I had to make comparisons, I'd say, Killswitch Engage meets In Flames with a side of Bullet for My Valentine. Does that sound accurate to anyone who is familiar with these guys?

I admit that these guys are outside of my usual taste in music, but there is a wealth of musical knowledge here, so am looking for opinions from you guys.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Blech!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:39 pm

How the hell can anyone think Sonic Syndicate is emo? I understand that sometimes genre labels evolve, but not so drastically. What was once considered metal becomes rock. I can dig that; they're similar. But...emo?

This is emo:

That's the emo I grew up with (and Farside is brilliant, by the way), but what the kids call emo today is light years away from this. I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Their sound is a mixture of melodeath and metalcore with some modern pop rock mixed in as well. The music is equally guitar and keyboard dirven and there is very little in the way of guitar solos. I hear some Euro-power metal influences in the music as well.

Going strictly by this description I'd say... good Lord, that has got to be one VERY confused band if they're really throwing all of those sounds into the same soup.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
How the hell can anyone think Sonic Syndicate is emo? I understand that sometimes genre labels evolve, but not so drastically. What was once considered metal becomes rock. I can dig that; they're similar. But...emo?

This is emo:

That's the emo I grew up with (and Farside is brilliant, by the way), but what the kids call emo today is light years away from this. I don't get it.

You got me bro. I am so far removed from that scene, I couldn't tell you what the difference is.

SS sounds like metalcore to me.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:50 pm

i'm sure you brought these guys up before. they are just one of the many metal-lite bands floating about these days. not a bad band for what they are, but definitely geared for radio play.

not my thing at all.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Cool cover art on Only Inhuman. Sort of Blue Oyster Cult-ish.

Sonic Syndicate Ss-oi

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:49 pm

They are like a harder version of the Culture Club.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Lurideath wrote:

lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Cool band name. As for the music,just not my thing at all.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Lurideath wrote:

lol!

I heard a couple songs by this band before. I didn't really like them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 am

MetalRob331 probably digs stuff like this, which by default means I would hate it. Razz

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalRob331 probably digs stuff like this, which by default means I would hate it. Razz

Actually I dont like this band at all.... Def not my thing! As far as their sound goes ULT you pretty much nailed it and they sure arent EMO.

There is always a few bands in each genre that I find myself loving....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 am

ultmetal wrote:

OK, I appreciate the hot girls in this video, but the song....mmmmm, nah.

Were my eyes deceiving me or does this band have a girl bass player? Who do they think they are, Bolt Thrower? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
maper74
Metal novice
Metal novice
maper74

Number of posts : 18

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:07 pm

I like them, but the last record sucked save for a few songs and I dont think they will fair very good without Richard. If you like the early discs you could also check out The Unguided.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

OK, I appreciate the hot girls in this video, but the song....mmmmm, nah.

Were my eyes deceiving me or does this band have a girl bass player? Who do they think they are, Bolt Thrower? Very Happy

Have you not heard Sick Puppies bassist? She slays on that bass....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sonic Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Syndicate   Sonic Syndicate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic Syndicate
Page 1 of 1