Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cult - Love

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Cult - Love Empty
PostSubject: The Cult - Love   The Cult - Love Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:25 pm

I hate posting in other people's threads.

Who here likes The Cult's Love album??
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Cult - Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Love   The Cult - Love Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:29 pm

Personally, this one doesn't do much for me.

I like Electric and Beyond Good And Evil more.

The Cult - Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Love   The Cult - Love Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:32 pm

I think it's almost their best.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

The Cult - Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Love   The Cult - Love Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:39 pm

I like pretty much everything The Cult has done, tho SONIC TEMPLE & BEYOND GOOD & EVIL are my favorites.

Sadly, the new BORN INTO THIS disc didn't do much for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Cult - Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Love   The Cult - Love Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I like pretty much everything The Cult has done, tho SONIC TEMPLE & BEYOND GOOD & EVIL are my favorites.

Sadly, the new BORN INTO THIS disc didn't do much for me.

Yep, I too was majorly disappointed int Born Into This...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Cult - Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Love   The Cult - Love Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:17 am

These guys rock. These guys rock like noone before or after.
Back to top Go down

The Cult - Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Love   The Cult - Love Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Love is an incredible album. However, you have to really be in a certain mood and in certain conditions for it to come across right. That's an album to listen to with your lights out and a lava lamp or a black light on. Just chill and listen to the tunes. Or, if you have a deck outside, listen to it outside after dark. Chill in a lawn chair and let your mind wander into the stars and the Moon. It'll get you in a drug-like trance. "Big Neon Glitter" will get ya' right. The guitar tone on this album is unlike any other.

I've always thought it'd be cool to hear a harder band (hard rock or metal) cover "She Sells Sanctuary", with a longer drum intro and a guitar solo added somewhere. There's real potential for that tune to be more powerful than it is. Nevertheless, it's a pretty sweet covertible highway driving tune. Just keep an eye on the speed.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Cult - Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Love   The Cult - Love Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 2:39 am

The greatest guitar tone of any guitarist is imbedded in the grooves of this glittering psychedelic dream of an album.

Billy Duffy take a bow. Those sparkling crystalline neon hued guitar tones keep me coming back for more.

She Sells Sanctuary is one of the 7 greatest songs ever, and i mean ever. Beyond perfect. Danceable, rocks, cool, dark it's got it all.

I still debate which Cult rekkid is better Love of Electric, in the end i throw my hands up and say both albums are the workings of two completely different bands and not comparable. Things get even more complicated when the S/T sticks its goat horned head into the equation as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Cult - Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cult - Love   The Cult - Love Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cult - Love
Page 1 of 1