Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...

Go down 
+12
Metallic Blaze
Shiney
tohostudios
FlyingV
SAHB Healer
rattpoison
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
bootheskin
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Empty
PostSubject: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm going to be doing a few of these. For those of you who have broader experience, help me with my:

If I love so and so's album, I'll really love so and so's album thread.

The Cult - Electric
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:13 pm

The Mission - Carved in Sand
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 pm

If you love the Cult's Electric you will love AC/DC-Highway to Hell
Back to top Go down
bootheskin
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Fields of the Nephilm-Dawnrazor
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Possibly... PSYCHO CAFE by Bang Tango?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Quote :

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_biggrin Brohaim, I can't tell if you're mocking me. If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... 436688
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:18 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_biggrin Brohaim, I can't tell if you're mocking me. If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... 436688

I don't think he's mocking you. Rick Rubin (producer of ELECTRIC) used HIGHWAY TO HELL era AC/DC as his template while working on that Cult album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Ah, Okay, cool.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Like FF, said Rick Rubin and the Cult boys used AC/DC's albums as blueprints for the perfect sound for hard rock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:49 pm

also produced by Rubin in the same era.....

Masters Of Reality - s/t

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... 1988_mor_blue_garden
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Can`t help you with this one, but what a great idea for a thread If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_biggrin .
I`m looking forward to more...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm

You might check out Sisters Of Mercy, Scott. The sound is different but the vibe is the same. Now after Electric they moved further away from the goth sound but Electric and the SOM album Floodland go together quite well. Floodland being the more dance oriented and Electric the more rock they're like fighting cousins.
Or maybe you'll think i'm an idiot who's been sniffing too much glue.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:44 pm

I would recommend 'Vision Thing' over 'Floodland' even though 'Floodland' is my favorite, but good call, and as I mentioned before also check out The Mission, the band started by the ex-Sisters guitarist.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:27 pm

Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction - Tattooed Beat Messiah (1989)
The Four Horsemen - Nobody Said It Was Easy (1991)
Circus Of Power - Circus Of Power (1988)
Sisters Of Mercy - Vision Thing (1990)
Danzig - Danzig (1988)

All sleazy goth baiting motorpsycho's on a highway to hell!

Oh here's a thread i dug up that's similar...........

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/livin-in-a-parallel-universe-t4816.htm?highlight=parallel+universe
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:58 pm

these not so much Electric as Sonic Temple, but still they do remind strongly of the Cult

The Front- s/t
Sweet Water- s/t ('92)

and less so- despite being former Goth bands of the same (Cult) era, these two are a bit more glam.

Gene Loves Jezebel- Heavenly Bodies
Balaam and The Angel- Days of Madness
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Undercover - Balance Of Power
Mad At The World - Seasons Of Love
Mad At The World - Boomerang
Rose - Healing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Quote :
Gene Loves Jezebel- Heavenly Bodies

Good call SAHB! I was trying to think of somebody that sounds like that era of the Cult and that album is spot on.

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:46 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction - Tattooed Beat Messiah (1989)
The Four Horsemen - Nobody Said It Was Easy (1991)
Circus Of Power - Circus Of Power (1988)
Sisters Of Mercy - Vision Thing (1990)
Danzig - Danzig (1988)

All sleazy goth baiting motorpsycho's on a highway to hell!

Oh here's a thread i dug up that's similar...........

http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/livin-in-a-parallel-universe-t4816.htm?highlight=parallel+universe

Excellent list. That first Danzig, the Masters Of Reality record and Electric all had a certain "cocky assuredness" to them, Rubin was on a roll at that point.

That Zodiac Mindwarp album is killer, wish I still had the vinyl.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Another vote for "Vision Thing".

Although if you're new to the Sisters Of Mercy, I'd recommend their "Best Of" called "A Slight Case Of Overbombing".

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Oooh, Undercover's Balance Of Power is a good call.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:01 pm

ROYAL COURT OF CHINA...

or DEL-LORDS- "Based On A True Story"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:08 pm

H'bout NO FUEL FOR THE PILGRIMS by D.A.D.?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I love that album but how is that related to Electric by The Cult?

Plus, no one's yet been able to tell me what "ZCMI" stands for.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:19 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I would recommend 'Vision Thing' over 'Floodland' even though 'Floodland' is my favorite, but good call, and as I mentioned before also check out The Mission, the band started by the ex-Sisters guitarist.

"Floodland" is my favorite too.

Sisters of Mercy is just a great all round band. I actually like them better then The Cult (and I like The Cult).

Also, GREAT call on Gene Loves Jezebel. Another really good goth band. I eat that stuff UP!!!

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... 25679
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:00 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I love that album but how is that related to Electric by The Cult?

I reckon it's a good call, stripped down no bullsh*t AC/DC derived hard rock by way of post-punk. The guitars share common ground with both Love and Electric era Cult.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...   If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If I love: The Cult - Electric...then I will surely love...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next