Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?

Go down 
+20
AchrisK
Smindas
Temple of Blood
Rex
Lurideath
SAHB Healer
romeolimagolf
krokus
Fat Freddy
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
sovdat
Thrasher73
ultmetal
INVADERS
stars destroy
kmorg
TH Joe
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:35 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I like them both. I wouldn't mind hearing some more of those high vox like in "Battle Angels" used in Nevermore.
me too, i've always said this. he's a good singer & simply wasting a great range like that. he should take full advantage of his capabilities.

Me three
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 1:17 pm

Warrel has definitely used some of those old school higher pitched vocals on some of the latter albums.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:54 pm

I go with Sanctuary as well. His range was huge and he used it.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 7:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
Warrel has definitely used some of those old school higher pitched vocals on some of the latter albums.
Yeah, I just picked up the album Dead Heart, in a Dead World last week and it's laden with tastefully placed ear piercing screams. However, This Godless Endeavour has one high moment in the entire album, so perhaps where the complaint comes from.

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 4:46 pm

I like both - but I much prefer Sanctuary!!!

I was just cranking "Into the Mirror Black" this morning. What a good album.

I think "Refuge Denied" is even better - and IMHO the best album Warrell has ever sang on.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:16 pm

Nevermore
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:34 pm

I hold out hope that Warrel will re-record the two Sanctuary albums as Nevermore. Or one album compiling the best of both. That would be pretty damn sweet. I nice remix/remaster would be equally cool.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:23 pm

that is doubtful. there is really no reason to do such a thing.

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 8:12 pm

mc666 wrote:
that is doubtful. there is really no reason to do such a thing.
No reason aside from it being super duper.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 8:38 pm

I'm going with Sanctuary here. I like his vocals in Nevermore, but as a band they're just not my thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
I hold out hope that Warrel will re-record the two Sanctuary albums as Nevermore. Or one album compiling the best of both. That would be pretty damn sweet. I nice remix/remaster would be equally cool.

I've heard Nevermore cover some Sanctuary stuff LIVE, but it didn't sound all that great. Oh yeah, and I live Nevermore's vox better.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:26 pm

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:21 am

the vid is gone Fred...

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:29 am

Sanctuary. Never could get into Nevermore. And I tried!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:33 pm

Nevermore. I like his voice so much on Politics of Ecstasy where he does a lot in the deeper range. Both are good though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:11 pm

mc666 wrote:
the vid is gone Fred...

Dang. That was quick. Freakin YouTube. Sorry!

Let's try that again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:43 pm

It's not a matter of Warrel Dane going back to the vocals he did in Sanctuary because it's not possible. He obviously lost most of his range & had to adapt or look for a new line of work.

There is a noticble difference between the 1st & 2nd Sanctuary albums IMHO. If you can find a copy of there live cd recorded near the end of the bands run get it! This has my favorite vocals by Warrel.

I have all of Nevermore's cd's & I'm a big fan of the music & Warrel but I do wish he could sing in the upper range still. Just my thoughts..................

My vote: Sanctuary 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
the vid is gone Fred...

Dang. That was quick. Freakin YouTube. Sorry!

Let's try that again.

cool, i had never seen that video before. love the song though.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?   Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanctuary Vocals or Nevermore Vocals?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2