Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?

Go down 
+13
Required Fields
manny
nevermore
Witchfinder
Lari
the sentinel
tohostudios
brokentulsa
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Gilbert
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Empty
PostSubject: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:19 pm

Angry Anderson.  Hands down.  F Axl.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 2:21 am

I tend to agree with the above.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:56 am

Nope.

You can say what you want about Axl, but this guy doesn't have the power or range to properly cover the full Ac/Dc catalog. His voice has no resemblance to the power of the Brian Johnson era. Sure Axl has been a jerk in the past, but he has proven (on the last tour) that he can and will do the songs justice.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 2:29 pm

I agree with Troublezone, and I can't stand Axl Rose lol I've heard a couple YouTube songs with Axl singing, and I still say AC/DC should never release an album with Axl singing, but his voice did the songs justice. That guy above sounds really weak imo, and I'd probably fall asleep before the show ended if he was fronting them.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Im going with Axel Rose... He does a great job...I would buy an AC/DC album with him as the vocalist...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Georg Dolivo of Rhino Bucket.

I think he could do the Bon-era or the Brian-era.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:30 pm

AS much as I dislike Axl (and really like Unc. Sax.) I don't feel that he did a bad job in the live clips I saw. I definitely don't want an AC/DC album with Axl on vocals; but if they choose to tour with him again, it's not the worst choice in the world. My heart wanted Marc Storace, but I know Axl had the star power to make an epic combo.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 4:24 pm

They should have gotten someone younger anyway. So they can continue forever.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 4:32 pm

the sentinel wrote:
AS much as I dislike Axl (and really like Unc. Sax.) I don't feel that he did a bad job in the live clips I saw. I definitely don't want an AC/DC album with Axl on vocals; but if they choose to tour with him again, it's not the worst choice in the world. My heart wanted Marc Storace, but I know Axl had the star power to make an epic combo.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by the clips with Axl; I thought it would sound like a train wreck.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:54 pm

Axl's fine.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Georg Dolivo of Rhino Bucket.

I think he could do the Bon-era or the Brian-era.

I would agree with this choice. Plus Georg plays guitar as well. So that would be an extra bonus.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:52 pm

At this point, I'm beginning to say nobody. Put this band to rest.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:17 pm

I had to eat some crow because I felt that Axl did an excellent job, especially the Bon Scott era tunes which are hard to capture its spirit
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:37 pm

the sentinel wrote:

Other people I've talked to say they believe Axl was chosen for the star power. Let's face it; most vocalists mentioned here mostly play at dive bars and stuff. As cool as it would be to hire someone more obscure, I can see why people would be inclined to believe they should have gone with a superstar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:44 pm

007 wrote:
At this point, I'm beginning to say nobody. Put this band to rest.

This or find a kid who can do it justice.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 4:44 pm

The guy they auditioned: Darren Caperna of the cover band Back in Black. I hear he can also do a mean Bon Scott.

Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3179

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Marc Storace - would be cool !
Having Axl - is like Hiring Dee Snyder - it’s too entertaining and curious.
Truthfully AC/DC disappoints me with every release.
Sure, they usually have 2-3 really good songs - 2 more that are okay -
The rest are all just listenable - at a low level.
For decades. And I’m a fan of theirs - lol - since 1977.
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Zetro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?   Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who REALLY should have taken the vocals in AC/DC?
Page 1 of 1