Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Axl Rose's vocals...

Go down 
+16
sam
Am I Evil?
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Addy
Troublezone
Smindas
DallasBlack
Chairman_Smith
manny
tohostudios
Ben Grimm
Temple of Blood
MetalRob331
Schbopo
Gilbert
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Axl Rose's vocals... Empty
PostSubject: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Is this guy considered talented as a singer? I personnally think he stinks big time when he tries to slow down on balads. And i cannot stand his humming.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:19 pm

I think he's an okay singer, he just overdoes it sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Overdoes...That's the correct word i was looking for.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:39 pm

i like his vocals and the man can def write some hooks. I think his vocals at the end of songs like Patience and Knocking on Heavens Door are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Let's hear you sing "Sweet Child O Mine".

Go ahead ... take all the overdubs you need.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:51 pm

It's pathetic how axel gets his glory from simply one solid album released in 1987!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Gilbert wrote:
It's pathetic how axel gets his glory from simply one solid album released in 1987!

It was far better than merely "solid".

And one great album is far better than most musicians will accomplish in their lifetime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Why do all your threads seem like set-up posts? It's like you ask this question that is clearly a set-up to sort of trash something.

Axl Rose is a fantastic singer. There is no denying it. One good album, two good albums, doesn't matter. Good or bad, he's sounds outstanding on ALL of them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Why do all your threads seem like set-up posts? It's like you ask this question that is clearly a set-up to sort of trash something.

Axl Rose is a fantastic singer. There is no denying it. One good album, two good albums, doesn't matter. Good or bad, he's sounds outstanding on ALL of them.

set up posts?? It's my opinion and i'm willing to share it and discuss it. Isn't it what this board is for?? Or we're just all supposed to unanimously agree on everything????
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Axel Rose is a household name, you don't get that from producing one solid album. You get that from being the frontman to one of the biggest rock bands of there time.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:40 pm

His vocals are just not my taste, makes me think of a wet angry cat. Give me Ozzy or Dio those are real vocals
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:48 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
His vocals are just not my taste, makes me think of a wet angry cat. Give me Ozzy or Dio those are real vocals

Ozzy is a good frontman, not really a vocalist. When I think of vocalist I think of people that have range with there vocals not just one tone. Theres a big difference between Axel and Ozzy, Axel is the superior singer although you might prefer Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm

While I love Appetite For Destruction, I find Axl's vocals extremely annoying after that album.

The guy sounds like a cat with it's tail stuck in a toaster.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I think Axl sucks as a singer but I do agree with the first paragraph of Eye's post. Gilbert does seem to set up "trashing" threads.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Axl Rose has very unqiue vocal style which is apparently not for everyone, like Bob Dylan or Tom Waits, I personally like his singing and I think he is an excellent songwriter who gets far more attention for his eccentric behaviour than he does his music which is too bad.

I think of all the Guns n Roses albums so far have had excellent material so I have to disagree that they have only released one solid album.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:44 pm

I like him alot on albums, but on the live album and the bootlegs its eh...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I sung the chorus once and almost blacked out (too much air in my brain). I definatly believe he has talent.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:02 am

One solid album? He sings his guts out on Use Your Illusion I & II. I understand you don't like him, that's ok, but don't say he can't sing.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:49 am

I never said he couldn't sing. What i'm saying is that he's got no talent in his voice. No melody, nothing...He's just a screamer...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:52 am

The guy sounds like a cat with it's tail stuck in a toaster.[/quote]

That's exactly what i'm trying to say Axl Rose's vocals... 647664.

You could be a screamer, but a talented one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:59 am

It's clear that some of you have no concept of what singing actually is.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:36 am

Gilbert wrote:
I never said he couldn't sing. What i'm saying is that he's got no talent in his voice. No melody, nothing...He's just a screamer...
...what. Surely to be able to sing, you'd mainly need melody over everything else? If you're saying he has no melody, you're saying he's not a good singer. Whilst Axl is undeniably a bit screechy, at his peak, he was brilliant. Powerful, very melodic and hugely energetic. He certainly was never the best singer, but his voice is one of the things that made Guns so successful in the first place. You can't say he's untalented - there's not that many singers who consistently sing at pretty much the very top of their range, let alone with such force behind it.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 am

Eyesore wrote:
It's clear that some of you have no concept of what singing actually is.

I have tried to get this point by so many people. There is a difference between being a singer and being a vocalist. Axel is a singer he can do things with his voice that requires lots of training and talent.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:55 am

Gilbert wrote:

Ever heard the song "Patience"? No melody, all screaming...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose's vocals...   Axl Rose's vocals... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axl Rose's vocals...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next