Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helium Vocals

Go down 
+5
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
KissinMaiden
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 6:55 pm

Do you like Helium Vocals? (V.V. Invasion,The Darnkess,King Diammond(Sometime) and a lot of other) I love some of these vocals but sometime I just hate it. Sometime I dig some of them like Vinnie Vincent Invasion and The Darknesss.

And you. Do you like it?
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:19 pm

Yes, my favorite type of vocals, especially if they're screechy like 3 inches of blood, king diamond is awsome too. Does Flotsam and Jetsam count?
Back to top Go down

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:29 pm

Humm...Flotsam and Jetsam ...I don't think. I know 3 or 4 songs...But I don't think it's Hellium Vocals.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 2:24 pm

Check out "Nitro" Ult has them on the NLTM website.
Back to top Go down

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 4:37 pm

Kai Hansen (Helloween) is doin' some too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 7:07 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Humm...Flotsam and Jetsam ...I don't think. I know 3 or 4 songs...But I don't think it's Hellium Vocals.

Only really on their 1st two releases. After that, Eric AK changed his vocals. Still good stuff though. Check them out if you have the time/cash.
Back to top Go down

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:28 pm

I have the time...But not th cash...lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:39 pm

Warrel Dane had some serious helium goin' on during his two CDs with Sanctuary... he still pulls that out once in awhile in Nevermore but it's nothin' like it used to be... on the two Sanctuary discs he used his upper register constantly!!
Back to top Go down

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:43 pm

Hey...King Diammond's voice sound (a little bit) like Halford.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:44 pm

Jim Gillette from NITRO is one of the best at it.Some more I can think of:
3 inches of Blood
SANCTUARY
TOURNIQUET(w/Guy Ritter)
HELLOWEEN
Back to top Go down

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:46 pm

Michael Kiske isn't doin' like Kai and I don't really know Andi Deris's stuff so...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:48 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Hey...King Diammond's voice sound (a little bit) like Halford.

Never thought they sounded much alike. The main difference is that King Diamond uses "falsetto" to hit those high notes. Halford doesn't.
Back to top Go down

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:50 pm

Am I alone to think that? (A little bit not a lot)
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Warrel Dane had some serious helium goin' on during his two CDs with Sanctuary... he still pulls that out once in awhile in Nevermore but it's nothin' like it used to be... on the two Sanctuary discs he used his upper register constantly!!

yea whats with that, i finally checked sanctuary out and I was like wtf!!! wierd but still great!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:36 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

yea whats with that, i finally checked sanctuary out and I was like wtf!!! wierd but still great!

I dunno but I like Warrel's Sanctuary stuff a lot better than Nevermore. Except for DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD, which is amazing, I sometimes feel like I just don't "get" Nevermore if that makes any sense. But you put on Sanctuary's REFUGE DENIED and BAM, I'm right there. That album rules. 🤘
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:40 pm

uggh time to listen Refuge Denied tonight

As for Nevermore, THE GODLESS ENDEAVOR and DREAMING NEON BLACK are smokin but so is DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD. Nevermore is amazing period.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:50 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:
uggh time to listen Refuge Denied tonight

As for Nevermore, THE GODLESS ENDEAVOR and DREAMING NEON BLACK are smokin but so is DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD. Nevermore is amazing period.

Oh yea, don't get me wrong, I have all of the Nevermore stuff, and there are songs I like on each one, but DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD is the only one that I can honestly say I love. The rest are just "OK." I still prefer Sanctuary. (Now I wanna pull out REFUGE DENIED and INTO THE MIRROR BLACK!)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
KissinMaiden wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I dunno but I like Warrel's Sanctuary stuff a lot better than Nevermore. Except for DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD, which is amazing, I sometimes feel like I just don't "get" Nevermore if that makes any sense. But you put on Sanctuary's REFUGE DENIED and BAM, I'm right there. That album rules. 🤘

I'm just the opposite. While I like Sanctuary, the vocals are too over the top and sometimes it seems like overkill (not the band). I can listen to Nevermore anytime, anywhere. Warrel seems to have more command of his vocals. And I love the overall darkness/bleakness of the lyrics and music.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:24 am

I don't "get" Nevermore either, but I love Sanctuary. It's strange how people feel this way.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:39 pm

I was just listening to some Hades CDs earlier this week and realized that Alan Tecchio has got some serious helium goin' on in his vocals as well.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:00 pm

What about the one...the only...the original...Geddy Lee!?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:33 am

I've thought about this, and I think that I don't really like high voices generally. I was trying to rationalize why I almost never am a fan of female vocalists (except in "ethereal" music like Dead Can Dance, etc.). I really don't think I'm a big sexist or anything. 🐷 I figured I liked Heart in principal, but got sick of them on the radio. Then I realized that I've never been a huge Rush fan (just 2112); or a King Diamond freak (he's ok, but not a fave); and my enjoyment of Priest is all about Tipton/Downing, not so much Halford. Ditto other helium bands like Zebra, Pavlov's Dog, etc. The only really high singer that I like is Burke Shelley of Budgie. So if anyone needs a rationalization for not following girl groups, there you have it.
Or maybe a less complex rationalization would be better....high voices scare my cats? 🐱
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 8:06 pm

Flotsam were never a helium band. AK used the high pitched screams sparingly even on the first album.
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:28 am

Lary Dean of Trytan also had Helium vocals. Similar to Geddy Lee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
Sponsored content

Helium Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helium Vocals   Helium Vocals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helium Vocals
Page 1 of 1