Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Underated AC/DC disc...

Go down 
+16
metalinmyveins
TH Joe
arttieTHE1manparty
stepcousin
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
krokus
stars destroy
Invader
KissinMaiden
Fat Freddy
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
TrogDawn
ultmetal
mr.electric39
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Most Underated AC/DC disc... Empty
PostSubject: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 6:43 pm

Been on a kick for the boys down under...

I still think 'Flick of the Switch' is the most underated Brian Johnson era disc. "Nervous Shakedown", "House is on Fire", "Bedlam in Belgium" !!

I also think that 'Powerage' is the best (not to mention underated) Bon Scott era disc.... "Riff Raff", "Sin City", "what's next to the moon?" and "Up to My Neck in You" cheers

Any other opinions??
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 7:05 pm

Powerage!

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Totally agree on FotS! Alot of strong memories attached to that
one for me. And Angus has some pretty original (for him) licks on
there.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 7:16 pm

Yep, the two mentioned from the respective eras are the same ones I would have picked. Most Underated AC/DC disc... 309780

Most Underated AC/DC disc... B0000CF35A.01.MZZZZZZZ

Most Underated AC/DC disc... Front
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 7:18 pm

I'd say Powerage. I don't know Flick Of The Switch all that well.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 7:18 pm

for Scott era, i like Dirty Deeds best

for Johnson era, gimme Blow Up Your Video

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 8:01 pm

F ot Switch probably suffered from lack of 'clean' production values. No relection on the tunes at all. 'Fly on the Wall' definately suffered from it. I do like a lot of the tunes on that disc as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 10:28 pm

Definitely "POWERAGE" for the Bon era...

For the Brian Johnson era, I like FLICK OF THE SWITCH too, but I think BLOW UP YOUR VIDEO is even more under-rated. I always loved that album, the first time I saw AC/DC was on that tour in 88.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 11:46 pm

I only have Deeds and High Voltage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 1:35 am

AC/DC was a band I could never see myself getting into. I totally dug the hits—"Hells Bells" is one of my all-time favorite tunes—but I never thought I'd dig entire albums. So I never bought any. Kind of odd since I give everything a chance. But somehow I convinced myself I wouldn't like them.

Then late last year I found Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip in the used bin for $2.99 each. I bought them; and I liked them! In fact, I really liked them, and I know these albums aren't too high on the Best of AC/DC list. So, now I plan on buying the discography. So, I can't answer the question of this thread without sounding like a turd. But I'll do it anyway...

Stiff Upper Lip lol!
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 7:45 am

Bon Scott: Powerage
Brian Johnson: Blow Up Your Video
Back to top Go down
stars destroy
Metal novice
Metal novice
stars destroy

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 10:54 pm

Fly On The Wall. It deserves much more love than it gets.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 3:12 pm

BLOW UP YOUR VIDEO. Many die hards fans never have been happy with this great album in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 3:17 pm

Flick of the Switch definitely!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 12:00 am

I absolutely Loved "Stiff Upper Lip".... Their best disc since "Back In Black". For me I was 13 when BIB came out. I played through 2 vinyl versions. Couldn't wait for "FTATR". My vinyl copy had a visible pressing defect during "Evil Walks", it played but during the solo it 'clicked' loudly. I refused to take it back, lest they be out of stk and I'd have to wait for more stock:lol: !!
My point being like many of you I lived breathed and would've died for this stuff...Most Underated AC/DC disc... 927150 ...

Stiff Upper Lip... !! "Meltdown", "Hold me Back", "Can't Stand Still", "Satellite Blues"..."All Screwed Up"!!! absolutely kick butt... great stuff. Classic in my book.
I was an associate Pastor in southern California when this came out. I actually was going to go to the show at Universal Amphitheatre. However illness (bronchitus, and some out patient surgery prevented me)... No matter it was the day before Easter !!! fainting
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 12:09 am

I did see 'em on "Blow Up Your Video". That was the tour Malcolm was getting off the bottle and their cousin/nephew Simon (last name eludes me) filled in during the entire tour. Seeing Angus bust outta that rocket was great...happy
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 3:26 pm

I'm by no means AC/DC's biggest fan (although when I was first getting into hard rock they were easily one of my faves), and I really only have some of their more popular CDs.

But Ballbreaker isn't too bad, I didn't like it much upon first listen, but it's one of their hidden gems I think.

And I LOVE The Razor's Edge, I think that's definitely a classic. 'Thunderstruck', 'Money Talks', 'The Razor's Edge', 'Mistress for Christmas', 'Rock Your Heart Out', 'Are You Ready', 'Got You By the Balls', 'Let's Make It'... Man, I think I just fell in love with that album again! Virtually every song on that album is a winner.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 3:42 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
I did see 'em on "Blow Up Your Video". That was the tour Malcolm was getting off the bottle and their cousin/nephew Simon (last name eludes me) filled in during the entire tour. Seeing Angus bust outta that rocket was great...happy

That's right, I'd totally forgotten about that!! I saw that tour and the next Monday at school somebody asked me how "Malcolm's replacement" sounded. I had no clue what he was talking about until he explained to me that Malcolm was sitting this one out. I had no idea that Malcolm wasn't even in the lineup. I was like "Um, well, I guess he was good, cuz I had no idea it wasn't even Malcolm!" Smile
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 11:14 pm

Yea. It was his cousin I think.. Had a band called 'Flyer' or something like that.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:05 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
Been on a kick for the boys down under...

I still think 'Flick of the Switch' is the most underated Brian Johnson era disc. "Nervous Shakedown", "House is on Fire", "Bedlam in Belgium" !!

I also think that 'Powerage' is the best (not to mention underated) Bon Scott era disc.... "Riff Raff", "Sin City", "what's next to the moon?" and "Up to My Neck in You" cheers

Any other opinions??

I agree with Powerage. I used to play that one alot and guys were like "hey man, play Highway to hell or Dirty Deeds" all the time.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 11:57 am

Fly On The Wall, easily. I would say Flick Of The Switch and Powerage both deserve mention here, but Fly On The Wall was virtually ignored until a couple of songs showed up on Who Made Who...and even then nobody picked up on how great this disc is!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 9:18 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Fly On The Wall, easily. I would say Flick Of The Switch and Powerage both deserve mention here, but Fly On The Wall was virtually ignored until a couple of songs showed up on Who Made Who...and even then nobody picked up on how great this disc is!

Arttie

I remember when I first heard FOTW. My friend Mark and I were crankin' it up. I remember the first thing I thought of was "I can't hear the vocals. The drums were real loud" Now I hear it and it sounds all normal. I love the long form video they made for it (now on the "Family Jewels" set). One of their heaviest tunes 'Playing with Girls' is on the disc.

I guess I think by that time AC/DC was considered 'passe'. Ridiculous. I guess I just liked FOTS a bit better......
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 12:40 am

"Powerage" is a great album.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:51 pm

Let's dust this thread off....there we go the cobwebs are gone.

I would definitely have to agree with what most people have stated, the "Powerage" is the most underrated from the Bon Scott era, and "Flick of the Switch" from the Brian Johnson era.

For years I've had:

Let There Be Rock
Highway To Hell
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock We Salute You
Who Made Who
Ballbreaker
Stiff Upper Lip

Within the last month I bought "Powerage" and "Blow Up Your Video" (which I absolutely hated 20 years ago). I think forever that I thought that since nobody mentioned albums like "Powerage" or "Flick of the Switch", that they must not be good. Was I wrong for not checking these out years ago. "Flick of the Switch" and "Fly on the Wall" will be the next two that I will be getting!

The CD's that I've had are of the older variety. I love the remastered sound, and the packaging is pretty cool. I haven't really listened to AcDc for years, but I'm glad that I've found them again. I'm looking forward to the new album.

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Underated AC/DC disc...   Most Underated AC/DC disc... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Underated AC/DC disc...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next