Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most underated Judas Priest Disc

Go down 
+41
Vexer6
exact33
Lurideath
Lionheartâ„¢
Gilbert
Chairman_Smith
HamburgerBoy
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
iamrockerfun
nevermore
Ben Grimm
brontotex
chewie
Glenn Rogers
Orion Crystal Ice
metalinmyveins
James B.
Dave the Boss
Lari
MetalGuy71
manny
7thSaviour
Mglaffas81
Olafsto
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
KissinMaiden
SideShowDisaSter
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
Troublezone
AchrisK
spiritoradio
ultmetal
mc666
Required Fields
Wargod
mr.electric39
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rocka Rolla
Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_lcap14%Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
Sad Wings of Destiny
Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_lcap2%Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Sin After Sin
Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_lcap14%Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
Stained Class
Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_lcap11%Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Hell Bent for Leather/Killing Machine
Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_lcap5%Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Point of Entry
Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_lcap15%Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_rcap
 15% [ 10 ]
Defenders of The Faith
Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_lcap6%Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Turbo
Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_lcap15%Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_rcap
 15% [ 10 ]
Jugulator
Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_lcap18%Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_rcap
 18% [ 12 ]
Demolition
Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_lcap2%Most underated Judas Priest Disc Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 66

AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Most underated Judas Priest Disc Empty
PostSubject: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Just thinking about it after thinking about maiden....

I've always dug 'Killing Machine/Hell bent for Leather"
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:26 pm

Hell Bent For Leather is my favorite, And I have the Euro version and US versaion of both covers. The only difference is the name.
Also have both cover versions of Point Of Entry! Both on vinyl as is my whole JP collectio!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:56 pm

I voted for Sin After Sin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 10:03 pm

Sin After Sin.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 10:39 pm

the only one listed that is truely underrated is Rocka Rolla. it doesn't get the credit it deserves.

i didn't consider Junkulator & Defacation.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 10:41 pm

My favorites are Stained Class, Sad Wings, Screaming for Vengeance, Hell Bent for Leather, etc.

However, underrated, I'd say Rocka Rolla.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 12:22 am

Where is Ram it Down?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 12:28 am

The only one I own, and my favorite is Stained Class. I don't hear many people bringing it up, so I voted for it. I used to like Defenders and Screaming...

I hate the rock and roll / party rock stuff (breakin the law, etc)

I've never been a huge JP fan.

ack
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 am

AchrisK wrote:

I've never been a huge JP fan.
everyone say a prayer for AchrisK Razz

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 2:11 am

Point of Entry is totally underated with great song like - Heading out to the highway, Hot Rockin, Desert Plains, Solar Angels and Turning Circles. Yeah it was a change of pace from British Steel but it has a great vibe and really catchy melodic qualities.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 3:21 am

i think jugulator is....
it's one of the best priest albums, it blew my socks off when i first heard it......

it's one of my personal favorites from the band

🤘
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 6:55 am

Jugulator. Alot of people hate this album,I think it's great.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 8:08 am

007 wrote:
Jugulator. Alot of people hate this album,I think it's great.

I think the title Jugulator, Bullet Train and Cathedral Spires are spectacular tracks on Jugulator.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 8:51 am

spiritoradio wrote:
Where is Ram it Down?

I was wondering the same thing... cuz that would've been my pick. That album is totally underrated. It's like the "forgotten" Priest album!!

Of the choices provided, I went with "Point of Entry" ... always loved that album. I got into Priest thanks to the videos for "Heading Out To The Highway" and "Hot Rockin'" airing often during the early days of MTV.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 11:37 am

I voted for Defenders - it's underrated because it was released after Screamin' (the one that out Priest in US Arenas) and before Turbo (the one that made all the long time fans go what the hell?) - it's stuck between good press and bad press.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 12:21 pm

I went with Jugulator. I think if Halford had been wailing all over that one, it would have been much more popular. I actually like that album quite a bit. It's no British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, or Painkiller, but it's not bad for what it is.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 12:37 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I went with Jugulator. I think if Halford had been wailing all over that one, it would have been much more popular. I actually like that album quite a bit. It's no British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, or Painkiller, but it's not bad for what it is.

I would love to hear "Bullet Train," "Burn In Hell," "Jugulator" or "Cathedral Spires" with Halford on vocals. Imagine what he could do with some of those screams!!

That said, I think JUGULATOR is a great album, I give Tim Owens a ton of credit for filling some VERY big shoes so well. He must've known going into it that joining Priest was going to be a no-win situation for him but he gave it everything he had anyway.

I remember shortly before JUGULATOR came out my local record store was passing out free sampler cassette singles from the album with the song "Bullet Train" on 'em. I took one, ran out to my car, put it in the tape deck and crossed my fingers like "New guy, PLEASE don't suck." But as soon as I heard Ripper hit that first SCREAAAAAAAAAM at the start of the song I was so relieved, I was like "Ehh, they're gonna be OK, they have the right guy!"
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:02 pm

Ram it down

Underrated but i love it!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:09 pm

not sure who voted Sin After Sin as "underrated". it's pretty much considered a classic Priest release.

stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 8:52 pm

troublezone wrote:
Point of Entry is totally underated with great song like - Heading out to the highway, Hot Rockin, Desert Plains, Solar Angels and Turning Circles. Yeah it was a change of pace from British Steel but it has a great vibe and really catchy melodic qualities.

I agree as far as underrated goes, I also thought Sin After Sin (which at the time was a bomb for JP) was awesome.
I voted for Stained Class, although it really isnt underrated much anymore, it is finally getting the credit it deserves.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 1:24 am

spiritoradio wrote:
Where is Ram it Down?

when i created the poll it said only 10 items. I never thought 'Ram' was dissed too badly when it was released, I did think about putting it on the list. I suppose I coulda left off 'Sad Wings' because if anyone thinks thats underated, knows squat 'bout priest history.

victim of changes, the ripper, genocide.... u gotta hear 'Genocide' live on 'Unleashed in the Studio' err ah 'East' .... that intro riffs kicks major butt. much better than the original version... which rocked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 12:47 pm

"Angel of Retribution" is the most underrated IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 10:19 pm

Turbo

I love the whole album especially Out In The Cold and Locked In. Ram It Down and Jugulator would be up there too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 3:41 pm

I went with Stained Class. Its got some of the greatest cuts in Metal like Exciter and Beyond the Realms of Death. Its just overshadowed by Priests 80s work, which is extremely unfortunate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 3:46 pm

Voted for Sin, but after 'careful' consideration, I honestly think Point of Entry is the underrated Priest album of all.

Rocka Rolla indeed should be respected by all, as 'Winter Retreat' has always been a personal fav of mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most underated Judas Priest Disc   Most underated Judas Priest Disc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next