Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Underated Classic

Go down 
+4
DeathCult
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

An Underated Classic Empty
PostSubject: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:45 am

An Underated Classic 3127YM5EXXL._AA240_

a lot of people claim this album is not very good but i am really digging it at the moment and spinnning it all the time. i think it has good riffs and shredding solos and glen hughes has a cool voice.

i would say it is more hard rock than metal althought the title track has a cool doom riff in it which is maybe why peole ignore it compared to the rest of sabbaths albums

what does everyone else think

Message to Locky - i searched for a topic like you said i could not find any on this
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:47 am

Waht album are you talking about? Sabbath's Born Again?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:49 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

no Seventh Star
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:52 am

Seventh Star is fantastic. As a matter of fact, all 3 Iommi/Hughes collaborations are great. 🤘

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:53 am

seventh star and the new ultimatum album is all i am listening to at the moment
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

The pic wasn't coming up for me. Now it is. Carry on.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

The pic wasn't coming up for me. Now it is. Carry on.

i thought you might have confused glen hughes with ian gillan
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:04 pm

I hated it when it first came out, it took a few years for it to grow on me. Hughes voice is a little lacking on it IMO as compared to Purple's "Burn". It's not one of my favorite Sabbath albums, but it's pretty good. Definately the last album they made the I enjoyed the whole album through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:06 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I hated it when it first came out, it took a few years for it to grow on me. Hughes voice is a little lacking on it IMO as compared to Purple's "Burn". It's not one of my favorite Sabbath albums, but it's pretty good. Definately the last album they made the I enjoyed the whole album through.

i dont know i dont have that album to compare it
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:25 pm

Haven't heard this one in years. I remember buying it on cassette when it first came out, and it had the distinct honor of being the very first album ever to literally put me to sleep. Seriously. I fell asleep while listening to it. Laughing

I guess that's not exactly a rave review is it? If memory serves, I threw the tape into a bunch of stuff my Mom sold at a yard sale shortly thereafter.

I do remember when the tour for this album came through NJ, they had W.A.S.P. and Anthrax opening, and I would've loved to see that, more for the opportunity to see W.A.S.P. (whom I had yet to see @ that time) than anything else. I didn't go, but a guy I knew at school did, and he said "Great show, but the place was half empty."

Nowadays I see the video for "No Stranger To Love" (or whatever it's called) off of this album when it turns up on VH1 Classic, I usually go "Hey, that's a pretty good track" but I've never felt compelled to re-investigate the album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:32 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Message to Locky - i searched for a topic like you said i could not find any on this

good man Gooch, you live to fight another day Very Happy

I see you managed to work out the Image posting.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm going to take credit for Gooch figuring out how to post a pic since he asked me for some instructional help via PM yesterday. You're welcome Gooch. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Haven't heard this one in years. I remember buying it on cassette when it first came out, and it had the distinct honor of being the very first album ever to literally put me to sleep. Seriously. I fell asleep while listening to it. Laughing

I guess that's not exactly a rave review is it? If memory serves, I threw the tape into a bunch of stuff my Mom sold at a yard sale shortly thereafter.

I do remember when the tour for this album came through NJ, they had W.A.S.P. and Anthrax opening, and I would've loved to see that, more for the opportunity to see W.A.S.P. (whom I had yet to see @ that time) than anything else. I didn't go, but a guy I knew at school did, and he said "Great show, but the place was half empty."

Nowadays I see the video for "No Stranger To Love" (or whatever it's called) off of this album when it turns up on VH1 Classic, I usually go "Hey, that's a pretty good track" but I've never felt compelled to re-investigate the album.

lol! Reminds me of a similar situation when metallica's Load came out. My buddy brought it along in the car I listened to two songs then threw it out the window on the highway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:56 pm

i liked it fine

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:09 pm

Locky wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

good man Gooch, you live to fight another day Very Happy

I see you managed to work out the Image posting.

yes i survived lat night and figured how to add some pictures to a thread thanks to the fat man
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:11 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

lol! Reminds me of a similar situation when metallica's Load came out. My buddy brought it along in the car I listened to two songs then threw it out the window on the highway.

you should check it out again fat freddy becuase i think its really good and at thirty five minutes is short enough to keep you interested
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:48 pm

Its at the top of my Black Sabbath favorites list.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:01 pm

hmm i would put it above sabotage and vol 4 which i never really got into as much
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:21 pm

Great album!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:29 pm

it sure is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:34 pm

..and how.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:
..and how.

?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:09 am

Excellent album. Hughes is amazing.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:34 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Excellent album. Hughes is amazing.

testify brother 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:49 am

DeathCult wrote:

Sitting here listening to this CD right now and having a real hard time understanding how anyone could say Hughes voice was lacking on this album. He sound fan-freakin'-tastic to my ears.

I do think this album should not have been called BLACK SABBATH, as Tony Iommi originally had planned it. It's just doesn't sound like Black Sabbath. Still, a great record from a great guitarist and exceptional vocalist. Good line-up too including Eric Singer (Kiss/Badlands/Alice Cooper), Dave Spitz (Impellitteri,White Lion, Great White) and Geoff Nichols (Dio/Black Sabbath),

PostSubject: Re: An Underated Classic   An Underated Classic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Underated Classic
Page 1 of 1