Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

most underated guitarist/team

Go down 
+11
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
Smindas
MetalGuy71
kmorg
rattpoison
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Required Fields
mc666
fingers
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

most underated guitarist/team Empty
PostSubject: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:49 pm

Criss Oliva I think is the most underated guitarist in metal and I think the underrated guitar team are KK Downing and Glen Tipton

Last edited by on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 9:24 pm

How do you figure Downing/Tipton are overrated.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 9:42 pm

fingers wrote:
Criss Oliva I think is the most underated guitarist in metal and I think the overrated guitar team are KK Downing and Glen Tipton
overrated?? tipton & downing? are you mad? they deserve every bit of credit they get. that's not opinion, that's fact. you may not like them, but they were one of the originators of the metal guitar team.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm

No way are Tipton/Downing overrated. Maybe they're not underrated, but there's no way they're overrated.

I think Tommy T. Baron should have more love.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:18 pm

lets see,
Larry Farkas and Doug Thieme (Vengeance)
Alex Skolnick and Eric Peterson (Testament)
I think those are two examples of underated
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:19 pm

Skolnick gets the recognition he deserves, and he's a great player.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:55 pm

Scott Gorham & Brian Robertson (one of the originators of the twin guitar sound)

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 11:06 pm

Tight N' Steel wrote:

Sorry about that I meant underated. F***!!!!!!! how could I mean something like that? I mean Glen Tipton and KK Downing are highly underated. It really pisses me off that they are not displayed on guitar magazines like Guitar World and Total Guitar that much and are overshadowed by Kirk Hammet, and some of the trashy nu metal guitarists

Last edited by on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 11:08 pm

sorry about the typo fellas
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 6:37 am

fingers wrote:
Tight N' Steel wrote:

Sorry about that I meant underated. F***!!!!!!! how could I mean something like that?
whew, that's a relief Cool

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 7:53 am

Oliver/Quinn
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 8:03 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Oliver/Quinn

I'll second that. 🤘
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 8:23 am

Joe Perry/Brad Whitford, I know Joe Perry is highly rated but Whitford and the combination of those two is underated just listen to Round and Round off Toys In The Attic and see why Whitford is so brilliant. Also Johnny Thunders/Sylvain Sylvain of the New York Dolls is quite underated as are the band.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:18 am

The two boys in Angra. Seriosuly the best guitar-duo out there today!!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:46 am

fingers wrote:
Tight N' Steel wrote:

Sorry about that I meant underated. F***!!!!!!! how could I mean something like that? I mean Glen Tipton and KK Downing are highly underated. It really pisses me off that they are not displayed on guitar magazines like Guitar World and Total Guitar that much and are overshadowed by Kirk Hammet, and some of the trashy nu metal guitarists

Fingers, no offense, but I think you're just too young to remember the Tipton/Downing hey-day of the 80's. They were all over the magazines. They might not get the same press these days, but they've certainly had their time in the lime-light.

The Perry/Whitford combo is an excellent choice. Whitford is a solid rhythm player and Perry just smokes. They make a great team.

Another great combo is Angus & Malcom. Angus gets most of the spot-light with his playing & on-stage antics, but Malcom's playing gives alot of AC/DC's songs their "crunch".
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:51 am

Quote :
The Perry/Whitford combo is an excellent choice.

Yes and amen!

Quote :
Whitford is a solid rhythm player

Whitford is an awesome lead player as well. Joe Perry even admits that Whitford is probably a better player than he. Joe just seems to be more popular.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:56 am

ultmetal wrote:
Quote :
The Perry/Whitford combo is an excellent choice.

Yes and amen!

Quote :
Whitford is a solid rhythm player

Whitford is an awesome lead player as well. Joe Perry even admits that Whitford is probably a better player than he. Joe just seems to be more popular.

Oh yea, I mean no disrepect to Whitford's lead playing either. I know the man can play. I believe it was on the Aerosmith vhs "Things That Go Pump In The Night", Joe & Brad are videotaped in the studio going on an extended jam back & forth that was just incredible.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:26 am

kmorg wrote:
The two boys in Angra. Seriosuly the best guitar-duo out there today!!!
I agree, both Loureiro and Bittencourt are fantastic gutiarists and together, they're phenomonal.

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 12:17 pm

Scott Ian and Dan Spitz are my second favorite guitar duo behind Tipton/Downing. Spitz, while not a flashy player has very tasteful leads that suit the song perfectly. He deserves more respect. And Scott Ian? IMHO he is the rhythm guitar master!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:34 pm

I always liked the Holt/Hunolt team of Exodus and they were kind of underrated.

Prichard/Sandoval team of Armored Saint was underrated imo.

Gruning/Schroder of Avenger (Germany)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:40 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Prichard/Sandoval team of Armored Saint was underrated imo.

Good picks.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:43 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Yes,good pick
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 4:08 pm

Andy LaRoque
The Stutzer brothers from ARTILLERY
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Quote :
Andy LaRoque

Good call!

Schenker/Jabs - The Scorps axe slingers are VERY underrated! Both of them smoke! Rudy is such a great songwriter and solid as cement rhythm player. Mathias is an incredible lead player! Great style!

Downing/Tipton - I too believe these guys to be underrated. Especially Tipton. His style is so unorthadox! His runs are bewildering to me in many songs. I cant figure what the hell he is doing sometimes!

Brad Gillis/Jeff Watson - Im not a big Nightranger fan but these two guys are incredible! Gillis has incredible control and his early pyrotechnics with a floyd rose whammy are kick ass! Watson is a barn burner and his tapping abilities are very underrated. I love to listen to Gillis on Ozzy's Speak of the Devil.....great playing!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Yeah, Jabs is awesome. One of my favorite hard rock lead guitarists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most underated guitarist/team   most underated guitarist/team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

most underated guitarist/team
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next