Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands*

Go down 
+8
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
T-Roy
scottmitchell74
XYZ
mc666
Stender
James B.
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands*   100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:14 pm

I got an idea (watch this get shot down). Let's make our own lists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands*   100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:16 pm

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands*   100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:16 pm

Quote :
James B.-I understand to a degree but when you put out a list labeled thrash/speed those in the know at all expect that is what's on the list. If you just want to put out a list of hard rock bands then label it as such.

if you check out what I posted originally, it stated "a list I found" and that I found it interesting" I didn't say it was my list or whether I agreed with it or not. My purpose was to generate discussion, afterall this is a discussion board ? If I am correct and worthy of being "in the know" ? I would say that there are more speed/thrash bands on the list than hard rock bands. What is the point if you just wanna impress folks with what you think you know and not just share something with others. Like I also said before in the original post, some bands I'd never heard of before and would like to check them out. I suppose that holds merit to others besides me, or not ? Who knows ? But I guess "sharing" and "discovering" doesn't mean much when something is mis-labeled.

Laterz and take care
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands*   100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:
GWAR?????????

Definitely should not be on such a list IMO.

I think it depends on what album you're going off of. Scumdogs of the Universe is essentially speed metal with occasional thrash riffage (same could be said of America Must Be Destroyed). Their last 2, Beyond Hell and War Party could definitely fall in the thrash catagory (groove / thrash most certainly).

Their other releases are a mixed bag of punk, hardcore, metal, rock, etc. Can't really pigeon-hole them.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands*   100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:22 pm

No Xentrix angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands*   100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:01 pm

James-It did spark discussion. No harm meant, ok? If it helps you get into some new bands you hadn't heard that is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands*   100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:57 pm

hey emptytomb....if I came across out of line, forgive me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands*   100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands* - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 greatest thrash / speed metal bands*
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2