Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door

Go down 
+6
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
XYZ
Wargod
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Empty
PostSubject: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:26 am

I just got a copy of this on vinyl and it has like a paper bag like thing covering it with the tracklisting, album name ect. Anyone have any info on this?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Great album. All pressings of the album came with the paper bag thing covering the actual cover, but most people threw out the paper bags. It's a cool collector's item.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Great album. All pressings of the album came with the paper bag thing covering the actual cover, but most people threw out the paper bags. It's a cool collector's item.

Thats what i figured when i bought it. Its in perfect shape too, not worn out at all.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:41 pm

Hell yeah collectors item indeed, cherish that baby. It's like when I was a huge vinyl collector I came across Cheech & Chong- Big Bambo and it still had the big Rolling paper inside in mint condition. So keep that baby in mint condition1

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:54 pm

The reason for the paper bag was that the album orginially came with one of six different covers. So, you never knew what cover you would get. You can check them out at the Zeppelin website.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:08 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Hell yeah collectors item indeed, cherish that baby. It's like when I was a huge vinyl collector I came across Cheech & Chong- Big Bambo and it still had the big Rolling paper inside in mint condition. So keep that baby in mint condition1

Wargod48

I remember that C&C album with the big rolling paper. I wonder how many of those ended up being put to, uh, their "intended use" back in the day. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:16 pm

my dad had it on vinyl but lent it too someone he worked with and never got it back

ahhhhhhhh i want it for my collection
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:18 pm

xyz wrote:
The reason for the paper bag was that the album orginially came with one of six different covers. So, you never knew what cover you would get. You can check them out at the Zeppelin website.

I never knew that. Pretty cool. Check 'em out.

http://discography.ledzeppelin.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:51 pm

the remaster only has one cover thought now does it not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:48 pm

wow nice the only zeppelin i have on vinyl are: Led Zeppelin II Led Zeppelin III and the Untitled album
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48

I remember that C&C album with the big rolling paper. I wonder how many of those ended up being put to, uh, their "intended use" back in the day. Smile

I know a few people lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:44 am

I might be the only one but I think this is Led Zeppelin's best album. Some of the others are great like III,IV, Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti but this is my favourite.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 5:43 pm

Here's a tidbit about that album that a lot of folks don't know about...

Yes, there were 6 different variations of the same bar scene as covers (all 6, plus the paper bag cover are represented in the booklet of the remastered version in the complete works box set!) and they were all covered with the paper bag wrapping when you bought them, but that's not where the fun ends! What a Face

If you have the black and white printed sleeve insert that originally came inside the cover and you take a paint brush dipped in water to the picture, it turns colors! It's treated so that it becomes like watercolor paint when you add water. I'm assuming that doing this will detract from the value of the album, but I couldn't resist doing it when I found out about it back when I first had it, and sure enough, it worked! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:58 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Here's a tidbit about that album that a lot of folks don't know about...

Yes, there were 6 different variations of the same bar scene as covers (all 6, plus the paper bag cover are represented in the booklet of the remastered version in the complete works box set!) and they were all covered with the paper bag wrapping when you bought them, but that's not where the fun ends! What a Face

If you have the black and white printed sleeve insert that originally came inside the cover and you take a paint brush dipped in water to the picture, it turns colors! It's treated so that it becomes like watercolor paint when you add water. I'm assuming that doing this will detract from the value of the album, but I couldn't resist doing it when I found out about it back when I first had it, and sure enough, it worked! Very Happy

That is friggin' awesome!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door   Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin - In Though The Out Door
Page 1 of 1