Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Back Door Slam

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:54 pm

Anyone ever heard of this band before? I picked them out of Sentinel Steel's used section. I heard one song a while back and loved it, but their disc is expensive on Amazon.com and stuff. (Actually, I just checked their website and it's $12.99. Haha. I suck.)

Anyway. Killer band! Another young group doing that old school thang. But the singer sounds old and seasoned. He's got an awesome voice. They're like Lynyrd Skynyrd meets early ZZ Top meets Jimi Hendrix. Just a great little band here.

Check this tune out:

OUTSIDE WOMAN BLUES

More here: http://www.myspace.com/backdoorslam

🤘

Last edited by Eyesore on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Bump!

That's right. Bumping my own thread. You'll love me for it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:05 pm

They kind of combined the Cream and Atlanta Rhythm Section versions of "Outside Woman Blues" there. Always a great song. I still think the ARS version is my fave.
Back to top Go down

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:11 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
They kind of combined the Cream and Atlanta Rhythm Section versions of "Outside Woman Blues" there. Always a great song. I still think the ARS version is my fave.
Is that a cover song? scratch
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
Is that a cover song? scratch

Yes. It was on Cream's "Disraeli Gears". It might be a cover of an old blues standard, I'm not sure (Blind Willie Reynolds?). The cover by ARS on "A Rock & Roll Alternative" was one of my favorite covers ever. A great song in any version.
Back to top Go down

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:27 am

Ah. Either way, the album is killer. I just thought that song illustrated my Hendix/ZZ Top/Skynyrd reference pretty well. "Come Home" does, too. That can be heard on the MySpace page.

EDIT: Says Blind Joe Reynolds wrote "Outside Woman Blues."
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 pm

A little off the subject, but I've really been enjoying The Golden Gods bonus track, Carole King's "I feel The Earth Move". They really rock that song. One of my favorite cover versions lately.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:22 pm

This just sounds like a typical bar band to me. Sorry.

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:26 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
A little off the subject, but I've really been enjoying The Golden Gods bonus track, Carole King's "I feel The Earth Move". They really rock that song. One of my favorite cover versions lately.
Yes! That is a brilliant cover and album.
Back to top Go down

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
This just sounds like a typical bar band to me. Sorry.
I think you spend too much time in bars drunk.

Last edited by Eyesore on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

What album is that on?

I have "The Thorny Crown Of Rock N Roll" and unless it's a hidden track, I don't have it.

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

What album is that on?

I have "The Thorny Crown Of Rock N Roll" and unless it's a hidden track, I don't have it.
That's the album. It's not a hidden track on my copy. I don't think so, anyway.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:34 pm

I just went down to the vault and rechecked. It's not listed on my copy.

Is that the actual song title?

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:35 pm

I've got a version of Hendrix doing Outside Woman Blues somewhere.

These guys don't sound bad, I wish they'd amp it up just a notch...one of those groups I'd have to see live to really make up my mind about.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I just went down to the vault and rechecked. It's not listed on my copy.

Is that the actual song title?

It's an unlisted bonus track, track #13 I think. The last track anyway. It comes up right away if I remember. It's not "hidden" behind five blank minutes or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back Door Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Door Slam   Back Door Slam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back Door Slam
Page 1 of 1