Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mastedon reunion?

Go down 
+13
James B.
shamgar75
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
thejokeriv
stepcousin
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
fishingd
kmorg
DallasBlack
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:14 am

I was googleing on the net and found a website giving the whereabouts of Christian artists/bands of yesteryear. While looking through it I found what ol' John Elefante has been up to and it appears that he and Dino are contemplating a Mastedon reunion. If this happens hopefully we might see a re-issue of their albums (considering the are hard and expensive to find). I have LOFCAUDIO on tape and would like to update it to CD.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 12:50 pm

What's the URL?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 12:52 pm

http://www.cmcentral.com/missing.html

The list is alphabetical
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Sweet!!! That would be cool!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:16 am

Hmmm, not sure I'd want to hear something new from Mastedon. I would imagine it would be so different from what they were then, it would be a disappointment. Sometimes it's better if defunct bands just stay that way and leave their classic catalog alone.

A reissue would be cool though. Both albums are good. I have them on CD. I prefer the first to the follow-up.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:19 am

I only have ever heard one Mastedon song - "Wasn't It Love," on the CALIFORNIA METAL compilation album. Good song, but not exactly "metal" by any stretch of the imagination. I'm told that their two studio albums are quite the hot collectibles nowadays, not just by Christian rock fans but also fans of general-market AOR.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Isn't there another, newer band out with the same name? Would that be a problem if the "original" Mastedon released new material?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 1:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Isn't there another, newer band out with the same name? Would that be a problem if the "original" Mastedon released new material?

There is a newer band but with a different spelling. Mastodon I think. Way different sound as well. MastOdon are a Technical, progressive, groove based metal band. MastAdon are an 80's, melodic, AOR, hard rock band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 7:47 pm

If it got their old stuff re-released, that would be good. I only have them on CDR.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:17 pm

I agree with Ult, a reunion album would probably sound like every other lame modern rock band these days. Gone is the classic late 80's/early 90's sound, and not many bands have the guts to go back to that sound.
Back to top Go down

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:17 am

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=33&CDName=3

NEW MASTEDON SAMPLES!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:27 am

Reminds me of Kansas..... I am sure I pick this one up!
Back to top Go down

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:01 am

Oh, I'm all over this one...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:46 pm

OH HELLS YAH!!! I had both their albums on cassette back when I was in Jr. High.

Liked them both, but I did prefer their first one.

As far as them being on California Metal II, they were 'metal' enough to be on that comp. They had more of a commercial metal sound, but I could see why they would fit there. But I can associate AOR and hard rock with metal sometimes. Just me and how I grew up I guess.

Anyway ... I'm all over this too.

Does anyone know where I can buy a copy? I see that it's on Frontiers records. They are a great company and even have Primal Fear and Vision Divine on their roster.
Back to top Go down

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:51 pm

The first album had songs much closer to metal then the second which was more AOR. Good stuff on both and i'm liking the new stuff.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:58 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Especially that last song! Mastedon reunion? Lol

Liked the samples though, and when the CD comes out, swooosh..... in the vault it goes.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:59 pm

When is the release date?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:03 pm

kmorg wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Especially that last song! Mastedon reunion? Lol

Liked the samples though, and when the CD comes out, swooosh..... in the vault it goes.

LOL!!! True, true, they did cover John's old band!!!! And brought in Kerry Livgren to do some solos!!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:58 pm

I'm all over it! Hopefully this results in some reissues.
Back to top Go down

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Release date is sometime in October, I believe...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:28 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Mastedon reunion? 877540
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:23 am

Sounds good. Frontiers is a pretty damn good record label.
Back to top Go down

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:42 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Mastedon reunion? 877540

Looks like the US release (with I think a slightly different tracklist) is coming in November, according to www.johnelefante.com
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:19 am

Sounds real good - always loved Mastedon.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:08 am

Mastedon was a contributing factor to the break up of Emerald. I still hate the programmed drums they (Elefante Bros) Mastedon reunion? Angry used for California Metal 2. Always have liked John's voice but him and his brother had the habit of polishing a band in studio while removing thier balls.

Mastedon reunion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastedon reunion?   Mastedon reunion? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mastedon reunion?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next