Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faith No More reunion

Go down 
+4
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Faith No More reunion Empty
PostSubject: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 am

Looks like Patton agreed to the reunion but they're only touring europe for now.

Mike Patton’s publicist has recently confirmed the long-awaited Faith No More reunion. In a recent statement about Patton’s upcoming involvement with the film Crank 2: High Voltage, Patton’s publicist announced the singer/songwriter/mental patient’s plan to tour Europe with Faith No More this summer. There are no plans yet made for touring the States.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:37 am

The pumpkin growing business just ain't as lucrative as it used to be.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:30 pm

Jim martin isnt going to be a part of it as of right now. Which is really a shame. I know he wasnt the greatest guitarist but still he had an image that fit with this band.

Supposedly the keyboardist ask him if he wanted to do the reunion and Jim said yes but, for some reason he wont be joining them since one of the other guitarists is taking the spot.

Kinda stupid if you ask me. I loved this band up til their last album but it just wasnt the same without Jims sound.

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Jim martin isnt going to be a part of it as of right now. Which is really a shame. I know he wasnt the greatest guitarist but still he had an image that fit with this band.

Supposedly the keyboardist ask him if he wanted to do the reunion and Jim said yes but, for some reason he wont be joining them since one of the other guitarists is taking the spot.

Kinda stupid if you ask me. I loved this band up til their last album but it just wasnt the same without Jims sound.

I love FNM, but I'd bet that the no Jim thing has to do with Patton. To be honest, I'd rather see Jim Martin come back and they have Mosely singing than have Patton there without Jim Martin.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:45 pm

Ahhh, so apparently the pumpkin growing business IS lucrative! My bad.

I have The Real Thing, which I like ok, but I'm not much of a fan of these guys anyway. But more power to 'em if they want to jump onboard the reunion train.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:14 pm

Hmm...not as excited as I thought I would be.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:23 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

I love FNM, but I'd bet that the no Jim thing has to do with Patton. To be honest, I'd rather see Jim Martin come back and they have Mosely singing than have Patton there without Jim Martin.

I dont think its got anything to do with Patton. I think it has more to do with Billy Gould. I dont think they ever got along, but from what I read over the years the whole band really didnt get along. Im surprised actually that the drummer is allowed to do this since hes tied up with Ozzy and Sharon.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:58 pm

Quote :
he wasnt the greatest guitarist but still he had an image that fit with this band.

Actually he is a pretty good guitarist, he nailed the War Pigs cover and made it his own! The solo on Epic is basic but crafted so well it can stick in your head for days.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:00 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

I'd rather just have The Real Thing lineup just do this. It won't last forever so just makeup and make some money!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:38 pm

how about reunion no more instead? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:43 am

Well it looks like they went with that Jon Hudson guy instead of Jim Martin. That sucks... Martin gave the band their metal sound.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Yea I read that yesturday! Kinda sucks. The thing is with Jim he had his own unique sound. Without him they just sounded like a regular everyday band. I still like them though so whatever they gotta do. Lets see if a new albums comes outta this.

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:24 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$FNM$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:34 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Agreed Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:49 pm

No Jim Martin = NOT Faith No More.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:00 pm

detuned wrote:
No Jim Martin = NOT Faith No More.

Uh....King For A Day? One of their best if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:59 pm

I also heard that Blink 182 and Limp Bizquick are reforming.

Faith No More is a cool band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm

I never was much for FNM after Jim left (when he was with them, they were one of my favoirte bands). They weren't bad and I am on the look out for King For A Day... used but at the time the album just didn't click (except for Digging A Grave).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:14 pm

King For A Day is a great album. At first I didnt care for it too much but over time it grew on me. Even a couple of the odd tracks like Evidence are pretty good.

PostSubject: Re: Faith No More reunion   Faith No More reunion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faith No More reunion
Page 1 of 1