Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album

Go down 
+23
MoonChild
Metal Misfit
brontotex
the sentinel
XYZ
DeathCult
James B.
metalinmyveins
SAHB Healer
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
TheGooch
Troublezone
candlemass
ultmetal
rattpoison
stepcousin
spiritoradio
Wargod
MetalGuy71
mc666
EvyMetal
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Your Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album
Aerosmith
Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Get Your Wings
Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Toys In The Attic
Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 6 ]
Rocks
Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 7 ]
Draw The Line
Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Night In The Ruts
Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage

Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:15 am

I gotta say Toys, just because it's the only one I have. Not a big fan.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:20 am

Get Your Wings....

Brad Whitford steps up to the plate and hits it out of the park.

1. Same Old Song And Dance
  2. Lord Of The Thighs
  3. Spaced
  4. Woman Of The World
  5. S.O.S. (Too Bad)
  6. Train Kept A Rollin'
  7. Seasons Of Wither
  8. Pandora's Box
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:07 pm

Rocks
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:03 pm

James B. wrote:
Get Your Wings....

1. S.O.S. (Too Bad)

That song kills me every time, what is it like 1974 and it's basically punk.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:31 pm

Rocks rocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:34 pm

rattpoison wrote:

That song kills me every time, what is it like 1974 and it's basically punk.

Punk may be a bit of a stretch, but they were doing something special and different on that song for sure.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:59 pm

I picked the ST because it was the first one I owned by the band (on record from my Uncle) and I really like the lesser known songs like Mama Kin, Movin' Out, and Walkin' the Dog. Peace.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:47 am

troublezone wrote:
Gotta go with Rocks. Testament seem to love that record as well considering they covered two songs from that record - Nobody's Fault and Draw the Line. Great heavy riffs on that particular album. I also like Toy in the Attic alot as well.

Draw The Line is from Draw The Line not Rocks. Smile

I went with Get Your Wings. With Rocks running a very close second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Rocks
Get Your Wings
Toys In The Attic
Aerosmith

By far my favorites in order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:20 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I picked the ST because it was the first one I owned by the band (on record from my Uncle) and I really like the lesser known songs like Mama Kin, Movin' Out, and Walkin' the Dog. Peace.

I love Tyler's vocals on Movin' Out. You really hear the blues influence. I once played that song to a friend of mine who only casually likes Aerosmith (as in hits); he knows their 80s/90s stuff better. Anyway, he didn't know it was them until I told him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 8:38 pm

Aerosmith's 70's discography is vastly superior to their later efforts as I'm sure
we all ( or most ) can argee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 8:47 pm

PeyoteWereWolf wrote:
Aerosmith's 70's discography is vastly superior to their later efforts as I'm sure

I refuse to argee with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:02 pm

PeyoteWereWolf wrote:

I will second that notion.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:22 am

Toys, toys, toys in the attic.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:10 am

PeyoteWereWolf wrote:

Without any second thoughts, yeah! 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:32 am

I think their catalog was solid from their debut through "Rock in a Hard Place", which is in the early 80's. Their "reunion" record "Done With Mirrors" is ok, but a little thin. I personally like the Joe Perry Project version of "Let the Music Do the Talking" better. After this, I still love Aerosmith, but they went into more of a pop rock direction and moved away from the heavy 70's sound. I don't think Aerosmith would have survived if they didn't go in this direction.

"Permanent Vacation" through "Nine Lives" are actually better than most give the band credit for. Sure they had their hits with ballads and such, but they had always been doing ballads, even in the 70's. "Cry Me A River", "Dream On", "Home Tonight", "You See Me Crying" are all from their classic albums and really are not all that different from "Angel", "Amazing" and "Cryin'" Also, these albums had plenty of hard rocking numbers.

"Honkin' on Bobo" is a vastly underrated album as well. It's a return to the classic 70's sound IMO. Aerosmith playing the blues, just like there were doing in 1973. The album rocks hard and is very enjoyable. It's unfortunate that it didn't do better. I had hoped it would encourage the band to return to that raunch, heavy 70's sound.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Martin

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:43 am

For some reason I'm not allowed to vote but I'd go with Toys in the Attic. Their first five albums are all very strong with only little space in between the individual rankings but Toys is probably always gonna be my fave.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:23 pm

Get Your Wings! My older brother had this on vinyl (okay, in the Dark Ages that's all we had Very Happy ) and I listened to this a lot when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I have a distinct memory of being home alone one night, listening to this album and getting creeped out by the opening of Seasons of Wither.

Hey! I was ten! don\'t know
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:15 am

"Rocks" , the title says it all
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 2:39 pm

I really can't pick an overall favorite, I like 'em all. Draw the Line, I guess if I have to choose. Chip away the Stone is probably my favorite song by these guys from this era of Aerosmith. Ahhh, it's all good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:06 am

Rocks cause it ROCKS!!!Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Headbang
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album   Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Seventies Era Aerosmith Studio Album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2