Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Raven Studio Album?

Go down 
+7
nevermore
akeldama
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
11 posters

Favorite Raven Studio LP?
* Rock Until You Drop (1981)
Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_lcap32%Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
* Wiped Out (1982)
Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_lcap5%Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
* All for One (1983)
Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_lcap26%Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
* Stay Hard (1985)
Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_lcap21%Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
* The Pack Is Back (1986)
Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_lcap0%Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
* Life's a smurfette (1987)
Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_lcap5%Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
* Nothing Exceeds Like Excess (1988)
 0% [ 0 ]
* Architect of Fear (1991)
Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_lcap11%Favorite Raven Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
* Glow (1994)
 0% [ 0 ]
* Everything Louder (1997)
 0% [ 0 ]
* One for All (2000)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage

Favorite Raven Studio Album? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 pm

Those in the know, know how important and awesome Raven are. If you don't know, go to ult's site and be schooled.

Pick a favorite studio LP, please.

I'm collecting the bulk of these now, so my favorite is still "Life's A Bi+ch". It will change as I hear the oher non-Atlantic or Combat albums.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:54 pm

never heard Lifes a smurfette lol!

Damn you and your polls,Spec.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Good pick for a poll, Spec. 🤘 I love these guys.

Top three: ALL FOR ONE, STAY HARD and ARCHITECT OF FEAR

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:58 pm

" All for One" Favorite Raven album
Least favorite "The Pack Is Back"
Great poll Spec, when I get home I have to pull them out of my vinyl archieves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:12 pm

my vote has been cast...i forgot that they had glow under their name....but to my suprise when they played some tracks of it live in the destroy all monsters sounded good and real heavy metal ones...

ex-syrus here btw.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Welcome back Syrus. What happened to ya?

Stay hard will always be the sentimental fav, but Rock until you drop is their best album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Also, I have a raven album called "Heads up" - 1991 Jap release. 4 new tracks and 3 live. I think it is pretty rare, but should have been included, cuz IT ROCKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:22 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Also, I have a raven album called "Heads up" - 1991 Jap release. 4 new tracks and 3 live. I think it is pretty rare, but should have been included, cuz IT ROCKS!!!

I have that HEADS UP disc as well. Some good stuff on there. I believe it was a Germany-only release if I'm not mistaken.

Quote :
i forgot that they had glow under their name....but to my suprise when they played some tracks of it live in the destroy all monsters sounded good and real heavy metal ones...

I bought GLOW from John Gallagher himself the first time I saw Raven live in Jan. of 1995. As soon as it was in my hands I unwrapped the plastic shrink wrap and had John autograph the booklet for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

I have that HEADS UP disc as well. Some good stuff on there. I believe it was a Germany-only release if I'm not mistaken.

Quote :
i forgot that they had glow under their name....but to my suprise when they played some tracks of it live in the destroy all monsters sounded good and real heavy metal ones...

I bought GLOW from John Gallagher himself the first time I saw Raven live in Jan. of 1995. As soon as it was in my hands I unwrapped the plastic shrink wrap and had John autograph the booklet for me.

i saw them once in hellas 91, where they were supporting r.wild( shame i know, but at least i didn't have to watch them)...the crowd loved them....when the "pirates" came on the stage the crowd still was shouting all for one etc... this is the good thing with all these bands, the support acts....when armored saint visited greece i went there just to see the mighty crush who were opening for them ...of course i was one of the 50-60 who left the rodon club after the appearance of crush....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:45 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

That's an EP, stop making up your own rules.

Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:46 pm

I only own their first 3 albums, so out of those, I chose Rock Until You Drop. I believe that was the 1st Raven disc I purchased, so it's got sentimental value.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Quote :
Mine is Jap.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:25 pm

I have not heard any of their albums past " Life's A Bitch" any recommendations past that point in their career?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:28 pm

manny wrote:
I have not heard any of their albums past " Life's A Bitch" any recommendations past that point in their career?

I'm a total fanboy for this band so I think it's ALL good (yes, even "PACK IS BACK") but I'd recommend these three in particular...

ARCHITECT OF FEAR (1991) is a fantastic album, one of their all time heaviest.

NOTHING EXCEEDS LIKE EXCESS (1988) and ONE FOR ALL (1999) are worth checking out too.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Love 'em all, so it's hard to pick and absolute favorite, but I went with Rock Until You Drop (1981).

Least favorite would be The Pack Is Back (1986). It is their weakest album by a mile.

The rest of their catalog rules.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Fave-Stay Hard
Least-The Pack Is Back
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Not many votes for Raven. I thought they would have more fans here.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm gonna listen to "All For One" now because of this bump. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Raven rules, " All for One " still kicks ass!!!! Plus you got to love a band who's drummer's name is Wacko.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Rock Until You Drop got my vote.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:29 am

Rock Until You Drop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:43 am

I don't think I've heard Raven since the 80's. Back in the day my favorites were All For One, Rock Till You Drop and Live At The Inferno.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:25 am

i don't like Raven at all. sorry.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:23 am

Love these guys, went with WIPED OUT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:43 am

I went with "Rock Until You Drop".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Raven Studio Album?   Favorite Raven Studio Album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Raven Studio Album?
Page 1 of 1