Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?

Go down 
+10
James B.
rattpoison
Metal Misfit
akeldama
Schbopo
DeathCult
Troublezone
ultmetal
manny
Dave the Boss
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What's your favorite Thin Lizzy studio LP?
Thin Lizzy
Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_lcap0%Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Shades of a Blue Orphanage
Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_lcap0%Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Vagabonds of the Western World
 0% [ 0 ]
Night Life
Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_lcap6%Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Fighting
 0% [ 0 ]
Jailbreak
Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_lcap13%Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Johnny the Fox
Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_lcap19%Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Bad Reputation
Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_lcap6%Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Black Rose
Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_lcap19%Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Chinatown
 6% [ 1 ]
Renegade
 19% [ 3 ]
Thunder and Lightning
Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_lcap12%Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:11 am

I've been listening to Black Rose today, and I've been wondering about which of the Thin Lizzy albums I actually like best. For me it's probably Thunder and Lightning or Black Rose. So what do you guys think?

I left live stuff out, otherwise it would've been even harder for me. Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Lol
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 am

My favorite Thin Lizzy album is 'Black Rose' but I like all of them, I especially have a soft spot for their first three albums featuring Eric Bell on guitar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:56 am

I'm the weirdo that likes "Chinatown" the most
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:32 am

Hard to only pick one. I went with Johnny the Fox. There are others I like equally.

If Live & Dangerous had appeared I would have chosen it. It is one of the greatest live albums ever recorded IMO.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:00 am

T&L
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:40 am

Bad Reputation, not only their best, but one of my favorite albums overall.

And Spec, Chinatown is a bit of a weird choice, but I think its a pretty good album myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:28 am

ultmetal wrote:

If Live & Dangerous had appeared I would have chosen it. It is one of the greatest live albums ever recorded IMO.

Yeah, that's why I left it out, as it would made it even harder to choose.

I really like Chinatown as well. Imo there isn't a single bad Thin Lizzy disc.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Jailbreak! Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? 604261
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:27 pm

Johnny The Fox but Black Rose is .00000000000001 points behind.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:32 pm

'Johnny The Fox' rules, especially the tune 'Johnny The Fox meets Jimmy the Weed'
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:37 pm

Of the three I've heard (Thunder and Lightning, Jailbreak and Bad Reputation), I like Thunder and Lightning best.

I plan on picking up Johnny the Fox, Renegade, Chinatown and Black Rose sometime next year.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Renegade..........never understood why, it just is!

Actually the Peel Sessions is my fave Lizzy disc overall but it ain't a studio album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 pm

manny wrote:
'Johnny The Fox' rules, especially the tune 'Johnny The Fox meets Jimmy the Weed'

I seem to like the ballads the best like Borderline & Old Flame but Sweet Marie is my fave song on the whole disc. Thin Kizzy had a great way of mixing ballads and rockers on an album without making the ballads seem outta place.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:28 am

Night Life cause it has my favorite Lizzy song on it... "She Knows"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:48 pm

The only albums I don't listen to that often are the first three LPs with Eric Bell. Kinda miss the ferocious twin guitar attack on 'em!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:51 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
The only albums I don't listen to that often are the first three LPs with Eric Bell. Kinda miss the ferocious twin guitar attack on 'em!

Listen to them again Dave the Boss, it is very different than the future Thin Lizzy releases, but on this early albums they let their Irish roots show more, great stuff.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:39 pm

rattpoison wrote:

Actually the Peel Sessions is my fave Lizzy disc overall but it ain't a studio album.

Renegade is a great album, and Angel Of Death is one of the best TL songs. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Notice that nobody's voted for "Shades Of A Blue Orphanage".

That's because it sucks.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Definetly Black Rose but I think Chinatown is a close second. Its funny you started this because I was thinking of doing the same thing yesturday but I didnt get a chance to. I never thought I would like this band as much as I do. I always loved Boys are Back In Town but at the time I never really cared to know anything else. I always just thought of them as a classic rock band but over the last few years I found out that they are more than that and they have became one of my all time favorite bands. They are definetly amazing!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Notice that nobody's voted for "Shades Of A Blue Orphanage".

That's because it sucks.

Nah. It's a decent album. "Nightlife" is my least favorite. Shades will grow on ya, Schmoopi.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:08 am

DeathCult wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Renegade is a great album, and Angel Of Death is one of the best TL songs. headbanger

AOD is like the only song i'm not crazy about on Renegade, in fact you can say i really dislike it to the point of hate almost mainly because it starts a ridiculously brilliant album on a cheesy gothic metal note!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:25 am

I love Angel of Death! One of my favorite TL songs.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:45 am

manny wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

Listen to them again Dave the Boss, it is very different than the future Thin Lizzy releases, but on this early albums they let their Irish roots show more, great stuff.

I agree with you manny.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:39 pm

I went with Renegade. But to me all of their albums are great.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:56 pm

akeldama wrote:
manny wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

I agree with you manny.

Hmm... Perhaps I have to give 'em a spin again soonish. It doesn't get any better than Black Rose though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?   Favorite Thin lizzy studio album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Thin lizzy studio album?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next