Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Metal Church Studio Album

Go down 
+10
Troublezone
mc666
Leatherface
akeldama
manny
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
metalinmyveins
TH Joe
14 posters

Metal Church
Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_lcap42%Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_rcap
 42% [ 10 ]
The Dark
Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_lcap17%Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Blessing in Disguise
Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_lcap25%Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_rcap
 25% [ 6 ]
The Human Factor
Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_lcap16%Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Hanging in the Balance
Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_lcap0%Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Masterpeace
Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_lcap0%Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Weight of the World
 0% [ 0 ]
A Light in the Dark
 0% [ 0 ]
This Present Wasteland
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:18 pm

What is your favorite Metal Church studio album?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:24 pm

"The Dark" was my introduction to the band, so I will go with it, but their debut is awesome as well.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:49 am

I think The Human Factor is my fave.I like all their earler albums however.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:37 am

The first album for me... that thing belongs in the Debut Album Hall of Fame right next to Metallica's KILL'EM ALL as far as I'm concerned. Though honestly, everything they did up to and including THE HUMAN FACTOR is pure gold. Great band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:43 am

Blessing in Disguise was my introduction to the band (via a tape copy from my buddie's vinyl), so I voted for that one.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:07 am

Blessing is my personal favorite. Such a dark album. Just great!

But the debut is, as Freddy said, as powerful a debut as any of the big ones.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:10 am

I voted for the debut, and like Freddy says it was one of the greatest debut albums in metal history.

Last edited by manny on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:16 am

Have to go with the debut, they never came close to re-capturing the vibe on that one. The version of Highway Star on that album can remove paint from the walls.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The first album for me... that thing belongs in the Debut Album Hall of Fame right next to Metallica's KILL'EM ALL as far as I'm concerned. Though honestly, everything they did up to and including THE HUMAN FACTOR is pure gold. Great band.

uh-huh
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Blessing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:00 am

the first one. they still haven't come close to that one.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:03 am

mc666 wrote:
the first one. they still haven't come close to that one.

I don't remember who said it originally, but there's an old quote that states: "You have your entire life to write your debut album...then a year to come up with the second". Many bands can't handle that pressure, Metal Church is one of them.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:01 am

I used to say Blessing but i think the debut is close to perfect and a classic.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:24 am

Choosing among the first three is an incredibly difficult task. Three fantastic albums in a row.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:52 am

detuned wrote:
The version of Highway Star on that album can remove paint from the walls.

One of my favorite cover versions of all time! 🤘

I read a great interview with Kurt Vanderhoof years ago where he said that "Highway Star" was a last-minute addition to the album, they were drunk as skunks in the middle of the night during the last recording session and they simply roared through it in one take!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:58 am

That was tough. I was deciding between the debut and Blessing and had to settle on Blessing. I absolutely love This Present Wasteland too. I have been playing the heck out of it since I got it. Peace.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:29 pm

The Dark
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Metal Church
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metal Church Studio Album   Favorite Metal Church Studio Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1