Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show

Go down 
+7
mc666
outofstep
krokus
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:45 pm

...they were in the God Metal Bubble. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:54 pm

spectrefate wrote:
...they were in the God Metal Bubble. Smile
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:25 am

The funniest thing I ever saw at a metal show happened around 1994 in Austin, Texas, at a club called Emo's, during a free (the club charged no cover for patrons who were at least 21 years of age) concert by Fudge Tunnel, who was promoting their Earache/Columbia album "Creep Diets" at the time.

During the show, the energetic audience at one point developed a tumorlike cluster of bodies that grew not only horizontally but vertically as well, with the person on top high enough to grab one of the girders that ran along the 15 foot high ceiling. His bird's eye view didn't last long, however, as a bouncer immediately climbed up that miniature mountain of metalheads and dragged him down to our level.

I've never seen anything like that before or since.

In addition, during that show, some guy with a mohawk suddenly appeared onstage, then looked around, apparently surprised that he made it this far and was still unmolested, and made a palms-forward-arms-down-shoulder-shrug gesture of incredulousness to the audience before a contingent of bouncers arrived like delayed reaction antibodies to quickly (and roughly) remove the offending organism from the host.

Granted, the occasional fan storming the stage is nothing new, and certainly not as noteworthy as the aforementioned anecdote, but on this occasion it was indeed quite funny!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:55 am

At a Megadeth' show.A bunch of dorks in khakis and sweaters.I guess they thought the "Steve Miller Band" was playing.............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:35 am

Funniest thing was on Metallica's Black album tour, they started with Enter Sandman. All the new fans were singing along and all was good. Then they played Creeping death, and half way through James gets the crowd to chant:... "Die.. Die. Die... Die...

Dude, those clowns had no idea what was going on. The look on those teeny boppers faces was priceless.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 8:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
He couldn't hear me, of course, but he was scared as hell. He got up and quickly disappeared into the crowd.
only a 311 fan could possibly be intimidated by a 311 fan.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:54 pm

I was at a King's X show a few years ago and this guy got completely hammered before the opening band came on.When King's X started their set this drunk guy yelled Moan Jam the whole set. Encore time the band plays Moan Jam. After they finish this drunk guy is still yelling Moan Jam. Finally this other guy turns around and screams in this drunk dude's face "They just played that f'ing song so will you shut up already!!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:34 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
He couldn't hear me, of course, but he was scared as hell. He got up and quickly disappeared into the crowd.
I'd crush you, tubby.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I'd crush you, tubby.
not likely. you wouldn't find me at a 311 show. Laughing

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:08 pm

I was at a Lollapalooza, and this guy was body surfing, and as he passed over my head he stole my classic Houson Colt.45's hat (that was the early Houson Astros) right off my head and just kept on a goin'. Nothin I could do as I was totally hemmed in and he was long gone by the time I saw the hat in his hand. I just had to laugh, and be glad that I hadn't worn my Brooklyn Dodgers hat that day.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 11:40 am

Deadly Ramon wrote:

During the show, the energetic audience at one point developed a tumorlike cluster of bodies that grew not only horizontally but vertically as well, with the person on top high enough to grab one of the girders that ran along the 15 foot high ceiling. His bird's eye view didn't last long, however, as a bouncer immediately climbed up that miniature mountain of metalheads and dragged him down to our level.

I've never seen anything like that before or since.

That's a good one! I went to a few shows at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park where something similar happened, there'd be kids hanging from the sprinkler pipes up on the ceiling before dropping back into the pit. The ceiling wasn't that high in that place, though!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 5:55 pm

I went to see KISS in 2004 with Poison and some band called ZO2. As ZO2 was playing the group of people next to us were completely wasted, one guys passed out like immediately and his "friends" proceeded to stick their bare asses in his face. The guy snapped out of it a little later and came up and asked us "did my friends stick their asses in my face?" We told him yeah and he proceeded to chase them all over the outdoor park.

When I went to the WARP Tour a few years ago it was so hot that I needed to find some shade or I was going to pass out, the only available shade was under a semi truck trailer, while lying there this drunk chick must of thought I was sleeping or something, because she proceeded to take her pants off and go #1 not 6 feet from where I was. That was kind of weird, I don't like that kind of stuff, but she was pretty hot Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 6:14 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Funniest thing was on Metallica's Black album tour, they started with Enter Sandman. All the new fans were singing along and all was good. Then they played Creeping death, and half way through James gets the crowd to chant:... "Die.. Die. Die... Die...

Dude, those clowns had no idea what was going on. The look on those teeny boppers faces was priceless.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2