Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?

Go down 
+18
Fat Freddy
Daybreaker
metalken
Gilbert
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
mc666
DallasBlack
manny
ultmetal
metalmaniac122
powermacho
sam
MetalRob331
Mglaffas81
Stender
Wargod
XYZ
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Empty
PostSubject: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:45 am

As stated in the title, what are some of the things that should be common knowledge (nothing that only you know) among metal fans?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:08 pm

That heavy metal is vastly spread out into many genres and that stuff you here on local hard rock stations is rarely heavy metal.

Heavy metal can go from being very extreme to very melodic!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:17 pm

That we all dont wear baggy pants dangit!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:27 pm

And we don't HAVE to all have long hair!! angry (though I do - lol! )
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:37 pm

It really isn't as heavy as you think it would be. I pick new metal up everyday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:42 pm

That it will immediately turn you into a sociopath, you will then kill your parents, sacrifice virgins to Satan, perform unspeakable acts with farm animals and wake an army of the dead to attack all major cities.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:46 pm

detuned wrote:
That it will immediately turn you into a sociopath, you will then kill your parents, sacrifice virgins to Satan, perform unspeakable acts with farm animals and wake an army of the dead to attack all major cities.

That was my next post Laughing very hard

Metal really isnt "RARARARARARA" although there is styles in Metal with these vocals present. It seems people who don't listen to metal seem to think metal is all screaming nonsense and noise. Ignorant if you ask me..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:47 pm

detuned wrote:

I thought that was rap music?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:54 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:

substitute "won't wear a belt" for "sacrifice virgins to Satan".
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:07 pm

detuned wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:

substitute "won't wear a belt" for "sacrifice virgins to Satan".

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:52 am

that there is no such thing as subliminal messages lol!
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:17 am

That it is not "just noise" or "simple music for simple people" or the most iritating one of all: that it is something you grow out of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:28 am

Metal is the soundtrack to discontentment with society in general. Whether that be:
"I just wanna party and get laid" hair metal
"Your new power plant is destroying our planet" thrash
"I'm riding my Harley. Piss off!" Motorhead

as some examples.

Also,
Regardless, metal is UNIFYING!!
Moshing does not hurt and those that mosh do not have a deathwish or are trying to hurt their brethern/sistren.
Tipper Gore is an idiot.
Metal is best at obnoxiously high sound levels.
That IS an armadillo in my trousers. What did you think it was?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Metal is the soundtrack to discontentment with society in general. Whether that be:

as some examples.

Also,
Moshing does not hurt and those that mosh do not have a deathwish or are trying to hurt their brethern/sistren.
Tipper Gore is an idiot.

A cucumber?

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:22 am

ultmetal wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

as some examples.

Also,
Tipper Gore is an idiot.

A cucumber?

"Puttin' on the foil, Coach"!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:43 pm

1) Metal incorporates all types of musical influences from all types of genres to create its sound

2) No two metal fans agree of when or what band or bands began heavy metal

3) Most metal fans are well read

4) Metal is not something you outgrow

5) Metal is not a fashion statement and is usually not even fashionable.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Metal fans are not amused when you trow up the devil horns and growl at them. Thats like going up to someone in 'gangsta' clothes and going, "Yo, yo, yo!"
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm

heavy metal is a form of music. it's not a lifestyle or a brotherhood.

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Quote :

You've always held true to that, Monte. But I wholeheartedly disagree. Or I would at least say Metal is the soundtrack to our scene. And my scene IS a brotherhood [moreso than any crap blood relatives I have had]. Also, My defination of lifestyle would incorporate talking about metal, seeing metal concerts, supporting metal bands, trying to play metal [and failing], and listening to metal every day. That is the style of life I lead.

Maybe you could explain your perspective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:51 pm

mc666 wrote:

Not sure about a lifestyle when you get older, but it most certainly is a brotherhood for most of us.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:55 pm

If they are metal fans they already know.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:58 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Not sure about a lifestyle when you get older, but it most certainly is a brotherhood for most of us.

if it wasnt then we wouldnt all be here now talking about the Metal that we all like.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:14 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

You've always held true to that, Monte. But I wholeheartedly disagree. Or I would at least say Metal is the soundtrack to our scene. And my scene IS a brotherhood [moreso than any crap blood relatives I have had]. Also, My defination of lifestyle would incorporate talking about metal, seeing metal concerts, supporting metal bands, trying to play metal [and failing], and listening to metal every day. That is the style of life I lead.

Maybe you could explain your perspective.
i'm not a scenester, i like many genres of music. metal is only one of them. buying cds or discussing artists does not affiliate me with any genre in particular.

as for the brotherhood thing... i just can't help but laugh when i hear stuff like that. it sounds like something a teenager who desperately wants to be in with a crowd claims.

anyway, maybe i should have said it's not a lifestyle or brotherhood to me. it's just music.

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Quote :
it sounds like something a teenager who desperately wants to be in with a crowd claims.

Well that's where it started, right?

Except the in crowd thing, we were far from the in crowd, right?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:34 am

Heavy metal is something that stays with you for life. Once your'e into metal, it's for life.

Metal is not necessarily satanic. So many positive messages are delivered through metal music (political attitudes, war, corruption, death...). Besides, many bands have admitted that the whole satanic image is just an exposure (is tom araya really a catholic??? If so, he's gonna have a long conversation with St Peter at the entry gate Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?   What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Things Should People Know About Heavy Metal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next