Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show

Go down 
+7
mc666
outofstep
krokus
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Empty
PostSubject: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:20 am

What funny things have people seen at a Metal show?

the funniest thingi saw was when i saw Trivium and Corey Beaulieu got hit on the head with a sneaker thrown from the crowd and he looked really shocked but kept on playing like a true proffessional! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:47 am

Aw geez, there are so MANY things, but these are two of my favorites...

Probably the oddest thing I've ever seen at a show was at a Prong/Type O Negative gig years ago, a couple of drunk fans picked up some of the little cafe tables from the back of the club and brought them into the pit with them, started slamming them against the floor and stuff. Needless to say, that fun didn't last long before the offenders were beaten into submission by Security.

I also remember bringing my brother to the legendary club L'amour in Brooklyn, NY for the first time circa 1989 (to see Sepultura if memory serves) and as we were standing at the ticket window in the lobby, the first thing my brother laid eyes on was a HUGE bouncer dragging some guy out by his hair. The bouncer slammed the guy's face into the heavy wooden door at the entrance and then tossed him like a shot put out onto the sidewalk. My brother looked at me and asked "What the f**k kind of place IS this?"

Last edited by on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:00 am

the first one would be quite funny to watch not so fun to be in among though lol

another funny thing is once my mate was i a pit and some kid kept hitting him with a wallet so my mate stole the kids wallet and their was a tenner in it. no cards or anything though
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:05 am

When I saw Slayer live, I saw some dirty looking guy being arrested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:09 am

it would be a shame to get arrested at a show it would kind of spoil it if you were lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:14 am

How many times have you overheard THIS conversation at a concert? I know I did, many times:

"Dude, I was at the (name of band) show last week, DUUUUUDE, I was SOOOOOOOO wasted! I don't even remember the band, hahahahaha"

I always wanted to turn around when I heard this one (or some variation thereof) and say "So you just spent forty bucks on a ticket for a concert you can't even remember? Nice goin' Sherlock"

lol!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:28 am

yeah i was at download this year and this guy turns up who was totally wasted and he starts askig people which of the days headliners they prefer either motley crue or linkin park and gettin gthem to shout motley crue if they preferred them or told them to f off if you liked linkin park better

he made my sister cry cos he offered her booze but he looked really intimidating to her so my dad told him to shove off. then he got sunstroke cos it was boiling hot sunshine and some people took him away so we could watch slayer and machine head in peace or as much peace as there could be lol
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:48 am

Their is always a dickhead at any concert i have been to. Sad but true. most of the times they are the guys with short hair, no metal look at all etc...never had any problem with real metalheads inside/outside.
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:11 am

I've seen all manor of drunken stupidity at the 100's of shows I've been to over the years, from both fans and the band. Once when I saw the Business (streetpunk band from England) play, the lead singer got so drunk he passed out and fell off the stage. A few minutes later, he emerged dazed and quite bloody, but managed to slur his way through the last couple of songs. Another time at a separate Business show, the singer noticed somebody video taping their set from the balcony. He stopped mid song, and ordered everyone in attendance to seize the camera. Needless to say, someone got a total ass kicking and lost their video camera.

One time at an Earth Crisis show, the lead singer got his ass kicked. The singer (who's straight edge) was preaching about how evil alchohol is, and the drunks in the audience didn't really like that. People in the balcony started launching beer at the band. For reasons unknown, the singer left the safety of the stage, jumped into the crowd, and took quite a few punches from the audience. Earlier, at the same show (!), when Crown of Thornz was playing, there was one particular security guard who was being a bit rough with the crowd. The singer didn't appreciate that, and jumped into the crowd and mixed it up with the security guard! Cooler heads eventually prevailed before a full on riot could break out.

Lastly, I witnessed what could only be called a mini riot after a Vice Squad show a few years back. There apparently was a fight that broke out, which eventually spilled outside the club after the show. It was no ordinary fight though, there were dozens of people involved. My wife and I ran to the bar across the street, and watched as almost TWO DOZEN cop cars showed up, and they just randomly started arresting people outside the show. Quite a few people had some minor cuts and bruises, so ambulances started showing up as well. It was insane. Several drunken idiots even started fighting the cops! I wish I had a video camera, it was quite the scene.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:52 am

that would be funny to see but maybe best not too the footage would give metal a good name

another funny thing i remembered was when i saw metallica there was this guy in the seating section who spent all day doing air guitar but he was so drunk he kept doing it when the bands were not on. everyone kept looking at him like he was crazy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:11 am

Thought of another good one...

When I saw KISS on the "Revenge" tour in 92, one of the openers was local New Jersey heroes Trixter. My friend and I noticed an older couple (in their mid-50s) sitting across the aisle from us who looked very nervous and out of place while the first band (Faster Pussycat) was on. Then when Trixter came on they stood up on their chairs so they could see, and every so often we'd notice them looking around and watching what the rest of the crowd was doing, and then copying it, i.e. if the crowd raised their fists in the air, they raised their fists in the air (rather awkwardly I must say), etc. Their attempts at dancing along to Trixter's music caused much hilarity throughout their set as well. My friend and I could only assume that they must've been family members of one of the Trixter members, and they must've been seeing them in concert for the first time and didn't know how to act. My friend and I still laugh about them occasionally and refer to them as "Ma and Pa Trixter"

lol!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thought of another good one...

When I saw KISS on the "Revenge" tour in 92, one of the openers was local heroes Trixter. My friend and I noticed an older couple (in their mid-50s) sitting across the aisle from us who looked very nervous and out of place while the first band (Faster Pussycat) was on. Then when Trixter came on they stood up on their chairs so they could see, and every so often we'd notice them looking around and watching what the rest of the crowd was doing, and then copying it, i.e. if the crowd raised their fists in the air, they raised their fists in the air (rather awkwardly I must say), etc. My friend and I could only assume that they must've been family members of one of the Trixter members, and they must've been seeing them in concert for the first time and didn't know how to act. My friend and I still laugh about them occasionally and refer to them as "Ma and Pa Trixter"

lol! another good time i had at a show was when we formed a bottle pit at Download and there was loads of us hurling bottles at the crowd in this tent ans then everyone threw them back in at us. ut just happened so quickly. then the band came on and the crowd surged to fill the pit and we all got squashed. not so fun
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:23 am

Another good one...

When I saw the Van Halen's Monsters of Rock Tour back in 88 at Giants Stadium in NJ, my friends and I had pretty crap seats (upper tier, BEHIND the stage) so we were already pretty p*ssed off by that. Then when Metallica came on (the only band my friends and I were really there to see) a couple of girls who didn't even have seats in our section walked over and started leaning against the railing at the front of our section, blocking the view of everybody in the first ten rows. Shouts of "GET OUTTA THE WAY!" provided no results, so a girl in front of us walked down and tried asking them nicely to move. They shoved her away and said "F**k off," so when she came back to her seat and reported that back to us, everybody in our section began throwing cups, empty cans, ice, candy wrappers, basically anything handy at the two intruders until they finally got the hint and moved the hell outta the way!!
lol!

At the same show, I remember Klaus Meine of the Scorpions kept referring to the crowd as "New York City," even though Giants Stadium is actually in New JERSEY, i.e. "Scream for me New York City!" and "It's good to be back here in New York City!"... eventually I overheard a guy in the next section finally holler back "You're in NEW JERSEY you stupid f**kin' Kraut!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:09 pm

I saw Ringworm open for Incantation and Mushroomhead and Ringworm wouldn't get off the stage. They played for almost 2 hours which is a long time for an opener. About an hour into the set they said "ok this is the last one" then after than they said "you want one more?" everyone yelled NO!!! they played 8 more songs to the answer of NO to every song until everyone was booing. and finally the singer laughed and said F-you we are done when we want to be and they left. I dig Ringworm so it was a good time to me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm

other than druggies, violence, & random sexual acts, nothing really unusual stands out.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
At the same show, I remember Klaus Meine of the Scorpions kept referring to the crowd as "New York City," even though Giants Stadium is actually in New JERSEY, i.e. "Scream for me New York City!" and "It's good to be back here in New York City!"... eventually I overheard a guy in the next section finally holler back "You're in NEW JERSEY you stupid f**kin' Kraut!"

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:06 pm

Probably at a local show a few months back, when the keyboardist from a local band called Verbal Deception got arrested for trying to steal weed from a security guard. I found the situation relieving, as I cannot stand that band and the situation saved me from having to wander outside for an hour.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 2:25 pm

mc666 wrote:
other than druggies, violence, & random sexual acts, nothing really unusual stands out.

Laughing very hard Just another day at the office, eh?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Another good one...

When I saw the Van Halen's Monsters of Rock Tour back in 88 at Giants Stadium in NJ, my friends and I had pretty crap seats (upper tier, BEHIND the stage) so we were already pretty p*ssed off by that. Then when Metallica came on (the only band my friends and I were really there to see) a couple of girls who didn't even have seats in our section walked over and started leaning against the railing at the front of our section, blocking the view of everybody in the first ten rows. Shouts of "GET OUTTA THE WAY!" provided no results, so a girl in front of us walked down and tried asking them nicely to move. They shoved her away and said "F**k off," so when she came back to her seat and reported that back to us, everybody in our section began throwing cups, empty cans, ice, candy wrappers, basically anything handy at the two intruders until they finally got the hint and moved the hell outta the way!!
lol!

:kickbutt: laughing
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 7:33 pm

I was at a Cinderella/Frehley's Comet concert out in Johnstown PA and watched some chick kick the living hell out of guy (literally kicking him repeatedly) and he would not fight back. Security came and removed HIM.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:01 pm

TheGooch wrote:
that would be funny to see but maybe best not too the footage would give metal a good name

another funny thing i remembered was when i saw metallica there was this guy in the seating section who spent all day doing air guitar but he was so drunk he kept doing it when the bands were not on. everyone kept looking at him like he was crazy

I had a similar thing happen when I saw Dokken open for Aerosmith in the late 1980's and this wasted dude played air guitar throughout the opening set and kept screaming for George (Lynch) even when Aerosmith was playing and Joe Perry was tearing it up. Foolish people. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:03 pm

Dokken and Aerosmith. Hot crap that sounds like a great lineup that will NEVER happen again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:36 pm

I saw Living Sacrifice when I was in Little Rock and there was an insane mosh pit, but there was like three dudes in there with their eyes closed, hands up in the air, praying. Haha. That was one of the strangest things I've ever seen. It was surreal.

Back in the day I went to see a local band XXL play at Club Babyhead in RI. It was a weeknight and not many people were there, but there was this drunk jack ass that kept slamming into people trying to start a mosh pit. There was like five people in front of the stage. It was stupid. Anyway, this one black dude warned the guy two times not to touch him. The third time he bounced into him the black dude walked up and just clocked him. Dropped him quick. The bouncers dragged the guy outside and the show went on. The band played "Who's Got The Problem?" next and dedicated it to him. Haha. Anyway, the band played like five more songs and that was it. On the way out, the dude was still outside, knocked out, sprawled on the sidewalk, drooling. Haha.

Another funny thing that happened was last year at a 311 show. (Yes, I love 311! Shut it!) Anyway, I went with two of my best friends, who are sisters. We're off the to right side of the stage and about two songs in I can see this dude start that twitching thing where you know he's about the explode into the Meathead Bop. You know, rocking back and forth, lunging a foot or so every now and them. Well eventually he energized himself and just goes nuts! Then a few others join in. First off, this is a 311 show. Cut the crap! Secondly, he slammed into my friends, right into their backs. That set me off! I grabbed the dudes shirt and he thought I wanted to join in his Meathead Bop, so he slammed into me! As he bounded away I yanked his whole shirt off! Haha. Then I grabbed him by the throat and choke slammed him! Haha. When he was on the ground I stuck my finger in his face and shouted some crap about being a pussy and slamming into girls. He couldn't hear me, of course, but he was scared as hell. He got up and quickly disappeared into the crowd. No one moshed in that whole section again. Hahaha. I must have looked crazy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I saw Living Sacrifice when I was in Little Rock and there was an insane mosh pit, but there was like three dudes in there with their eyes closed, hands up in the air, praying. Haha.

What the hell were they thinking? God knows better than to get into a mosh pit. Those kids were on their own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:43 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I saw Living Sacrifice when I was in Little Rock and there was an insane mosh pit, but there was like three dudes in there with their eyes closed, hands up in the air, praying. Haha.
What the hell were they thinking? God knows better than to get into a mosh pit. Those kids were on their own.
It was nuts, man. I'm used to old school hardcore pits, you know, those pits where everyone thinks he's a ninja! Haha. Those pits are cool, though, as no one tried to hurt people. This pit was the neo-pit, where it's just dangerous because people are trying to kick your ass! It didn't phase these guys, though. They were getting nailed like crazy, but they were in the zone. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show   Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funny Things youve seen at a Metal Show
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next