Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?

Go down 
+8
Thrasher73
mc666
fingers
candlemass
scottmitchell74
7thSecond
Required Fields
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:43 pm

Did anyone here ever ask some girl out and she refused to go out because you were a metal fan? Do you know someone who did?

I can just imagine what it is like. Several years ago, one guy on another message board overheard a girl talking about him, and he said he heard her say, "He's really cute, but he's into Pantera, Slayer, and all that heavy metal stuff." So she wouldn't go out with him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:44 pm

She probably had the clap.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:55 pm

When I was younger I actually dated quite a few women who were cheerleaders, preps etc. I wasn't to well liked by some of the jock types because of it. I had (and still have) long hair. I'm sure that there are a few girls I lost out on because of it. I did have one really prepy girl I dated for quite a while dump me saying that she just couldn't deal with my metalness anymore not long before meeting my wife. Strange thing is my wife of 12 years is now singing a very similar tune. I guess girls just think that we'll outgrow it or something.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:22 pm

Oh, I'm sure that didn't help! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:32 pm

I "dated" a girl in High school that was totally from the other side of the tracks. Super preppie, affluent, barbie-girl. It was pretty much unsaid, but understood, that we were experiencing each other worlds. I would take her to the squat and she'd party with whoever was there that night then we'd go see Husker Du or the Urban Guerrillas. Then the next week, she'd take me to one of her preppie parties or school dances (her in a fancy dress and me with hair spiked to the sky, denim and leather, wearing my Jump in the Fire t-shirt. you get the visual) and show me off, then back to the castle for some mighty tasty grub. That went on for about 2 years and we really learned alot from it. And the coolest thing was, my friends loved her and her friends were completely facinated by me. She was a special chick and I often wonder what became of her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:35 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I "dated" a girl in High school that was totally from the other side of the tracks. Super preppie, affluent, barbie-girl. It was pretty much unsaid, but understood, that we were experiencing each other worlds. I would take her to the squat and she'd party with whoever was there that night then we'd go see Husker Du or the Urban Guerrillas. Then the next week, she'd take me to one of her preppie parties or school dances (her in a fancy dress and me with hair spiked to the sky, denim and leather, wearing my Jump in the Fire t-shirt. you get the visual) and show me off, then back to the castle for some mighty tasty grub. That went on for about 2 years and we really learned alot from it. And the coolest thing was, my friends loved her and her friends were completely facinated by me. She was a special chick and I often wonder what became of her.

You need to write a book, Sax. What a long strange trip it must have been. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:37 pm

If a chick doesn't like metal--tell her to hit the road.Its that easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:38 pm

My wife doesn't like metal except a bit o' Alice Cooper, but she has NEVER made it an issue. I gotta hand it to her. She has been nothing but peachy with my obsession with the art.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:42 pm

spectrefate wrote:
My wife doesn't like metal except a bit o' Alice Cooper, but she has NEVER made it an issue. I gotta hand it to her. She has been nothing but peachy with my obsession with the art.

🤘 Cool.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:53 pm

Ditto mine Spectrefate.....she hates it and we agree not to listen to music we know the other hates in each other's presence..but she's otherwise cool and although much chagrined to watch my daughters fall in love with metal, hasn't really complained about that either!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:15 pm

That is awesome that your daughters love metal. I hope they don't grow out of that. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 7:32 pm

My gf and her son both love heavy metal. My gf tends to like a lot more of the 80's poppy glam stuff but also likes power, black and death metal bands, along with classic hard rock stuff and guitar virtuosos.

She actually probably likes more traditional metal than I do as I like a lot of oddball heavy alternative type stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 7:49 pm

Nope , but I did get set up with a girl because I was into metal.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 8:37 pm

Quote :
I hope they don't grow out of that.
Smile

Me too!! Right now they're my only Metal buddies!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 8:49 pm

No, I have other ways of driving them away! Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? 927150
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 11:57 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

good on ya mate thats the spirit
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:13 am

Required Fields wrote:
Did anyone here ever ask some girl out and she refused to go out because you were a metal fan? Do you know someone who did?
nope

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:27 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Ditto mine Spectrefate.....she hates it and we agree not to listen to music we know the other hates in each other's presence..but she's otherwise cool and although much chagrined to watch my daughters fall in love with metal, hasn't really complained about that either!

thats pretty much me too.My wife hates it but my little girl really digs it
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 5:18 am

i got turned down by a girl twice becuase i was not a chav. then she went out with this chave who was like my arch enemy cos he did not like me becuase i did not like what he liked so i dont see her anymore.

the only girl i actually know who likes metal is fourteen and lives in Norway lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:49 am

TheGooch wrote:
i got turned down by a girl twice becuase i was not a chav. lol

For those of us who don't have their British slang to American slang dictionary handy, help me out... what's a "chav?" scratch

Back on topic, my wife is not a metalhead, none of my previous girlfriends have been metalheads, it's never been an issue.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:58 am

ok Freddy i believe the word Prep is what you call a chav but i am not sure

anyhow here in england a chav is the name for a social group made up mostly of teenage children from the poorer northern areas of the country that chararteristically wear sports clothing, heavy jewellery and listen to rap and r and b music. they often smoke and drink and like nothing better to hang out in groups and intididate peeope on the streets

their is also a large crinme problem from chavs who due to gang war have killed many people for either crime, accidental victims or gang related

chavs also have a supposed hard attitude towards other escpecailly adults or figures of authority and are basically the arse end of society caused by poverty and low educationalk standards

they are mainly found in areas such as liverpool, manchester, birmingham and newcastle but the culture is popular all over the United KIngdom toa lesser extent. certainly more popular than metal anyway
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:58 am

You learn something new every day on this board. Thanx Gooch. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:00 am

youre welcome
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:10 am

With metal's popularity in the late 80s/early 90s I think every girl I dated in high school was into metal to at least some degree. In fact the first girl I ever fell in love with was quite the preppy-rich-girl metalhead.

I later in college had a girlfirend who constantly made fun of metal. It was one of the reasons that didn't last very long.

I tend to think someone who wouldn't be into you for your musical tastes; probably ain't worth the time. My policy has always been to accept whatever music she's into, and expect the same in return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:21 am

TheGooch wrote:
ok Freddy i believe the word Prep is what you call a chav but i am not sure

anyhow here in england a chav is the name for a social group made up mostly of teenage children from the poorer northern areas of the country that chararteristically wear sports clothing, heavy jewellery and listen to rap and r and b music. they often smoke and drink and like nothing better to hang out in groups and intididate peeope on the streets

their is also a large crinme problem from chavs who due to gang war have killed many people for either crime, accidental victims or gang related

chavs also have a supposed hard attitude towards other escpecailly adults or figures of authority and are basically the arse end of society caused by poverty and low educationalk standards

they are mainly found in areas such as liverpool, manchester, birmingham and newcastle but the culture is popular all over the United KIngdom toa lesser extent. certainly more popular than metal anyway

Essentially a prep is the exact opposite of a Chav then. Americans use the word prep to refer to people who wear expensive name brand clothes, and follow the norms and trends of the main stream, have or appear to have money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?   Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone here ever turned down by a girl because of metal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next