Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

look what turned 30

Go down 
+18
tohostudios
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
journeyman
bass63
Dellocatus
corplhicks
chewie
nevermore
manny
MoonChild
mikeinfla
Witchfinder
MetallicSeminarian
Eyesore
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
brokentulsa
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

look what turned 30 Empty
PostSubject: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 7:17 pm

look what turned 30 41vJjwEwBwL
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 7:31 pm

I love this album! It's probably my second favorite AC/DC album, next to that of "Powerage", which is vastly underrated.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Haven't heard it in years, but I loved it as a kid, 30 flippin years ago!!!!! affraid 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 7:39 pm

It's my favorite AC/DC album and without a doubt their most underrated. Can't believe this one wasn't huge.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:18 pm

This album rules! It boggles my mind that it isn't more popular!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Love this album! It's definitely the dark horse in their catalog.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:54 pm

I love this record too. I bought it on vinyl on its release date. Now I have the CD remastered and it's on my mp3 player. The best Brian Johnson album ever recorded
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:16 am

Shortly after it's release I found it in the cut out bin for $1 on vinyl. Had it at one time, maybe it's still at my dad's somewhere. Loved it when I was a kid too.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:46 am

headbanger 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:11 am

killer album
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:22 am

I love the album and one of my favorite albums in the AC/DC discography, which makes it one of my favorite albums in my collection
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Great album!!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:32 pm

I didn't understand all the hate for this album at the time(still don't). It was the first AC/DC album I bought (on cassette)and it still remains one of my favorites.

Actually I'm kind of happy it didn't do so well.... I can listen to it from beginning to end without skipping tracks from radio burnout!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Honestly? I haven't heard this album. Now I'm gonna have to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:56 pm

I love 'Guns For Hire'. What a killer song. What a pity they don't play it live anymore - the recording on 'Live Rarities' is just awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:09 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Honestly? I haven't heard this album. Now I'm gonna have to pick it up.
DO IT!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:14 pm

chewie wrote:
I didn't understand all the hate for this album at the time(still don't). It was the first AC/DC album I bought (on cassette)and it still remains one of my favorites.

Actually I'm kind of happy it didn't do so well.... I can listen to it from beginning to end without skipping tracks from radio burnout!
I will never be able to listen to Back In Black or For Those About To Rock again, those albums are beyond burned out. That's what's so great about Flick Of The Switch, nobody paid any attention to it so it still has some power.

Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:25 pm

It's my fave of the Brian Johnson era. Killer underrated album  headbanger
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
chewie wrote:

I will never be able to listen to Back In Black or For Those About To Rock again, those albums are beyond burned out.  That's what's so great about Flick Of The Switch, nobody paid any attention to it so it still has some power.

There might be the occasional cut off of "For Those About to Rock" that I still like to listen to, but I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. The day I hear anything on the radio (and I'm not talking satellite radio) from "Flick of the Switch", I'd probably crap my pants. You talk about an album which has virtually ignored over the years, it's this one...
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Oh yeah, one of my favorites and my first new release by the band. 30??? Oh my.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:52 pm

I always liked it...this and Fly On The Wall....those were the last 2 I cared about.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I always liked it...this and Fly On The Wall....those were the last 2 I cared about.
Yeah, I love "Fly On the Wall". It gets a lot of flack for the production, but I love the sound on it. "Fly On the Wall", is my 2nd favorite Brian Johnson album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Flick of the Switch was the end of my AC/DC obsession, I though that Fly on the Wall was just okay.

Flick of the Switch is a much, much better record than For Those about to Rock as well.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Good album. Not their best, or their worst.

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Flick of the Switch was the end of my AC/DC obsession, I though that Fly on the Wall was just okay.

Flick of the Switch is a much, much better record than For Those about to Rock as well.
I agree with all of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: look what turned 30   look what turned 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

look what turned 30
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next