Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright

Go down 
+6
ultmetal
Runicen
Boris2008
the sentinel
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
80s Metal Lady
10 posters
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Empty
PostSubject: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 7:23 pm

"A new study finds 1980s heavy metal fans have matured into responsible adults." Phew!

http://www.psmag.com/health-and-behavior/study-shows-metal-kids-will-one-day-trade-in-studded-armband-for-non-studded-timex
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 7:34 pm

But, Tipper Said....I mean,....What about the devil sign? What about those Prince lyrics? WTF?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 7:35 pm

I knew we'd be fine all along Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 8:07 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
But, Tipper Said....I mean,....What about the devil sign?  What about those Prince lyrics?  WTF?

I still remember Al and Tipper Gore going on the Dennis Miller show years ago and the very first question he asked them was "So, which one of you rolls a tighter joint?". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 8:15 pm

They probably didn't include Varg in this study! lol!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 am

Boris2008 wrote:
They probably didn't include Varg in this study! lol!

Varg wasn't an 80s metal fan. He was a D&D player. Food for thought. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm doing alright. Not sure how mature I am.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 3:29 pm

I was very young for most of the 80s, and I didn't even get into hard rock til 1988/89. The early 90s is when I fully embraced Metal music. Kinda ironic though... Being in the grunge era.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 8:46 pm

The new generation of metal fans are afflicted with learning disabilities. Just look at any YouTube comment ever.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I was very young for most of the 80s, and I didn't even get into hard rock til 1988/89. The early 90s is when I fully embraced Metal music. Kinda ironic though... Being in the grunge era.

Same here. Didn't hear my first hard rock song until 1992 (AC/DC). When I had my hair metal phase in '96 I got a lot of funny looks.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 11:16 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
The new generation of humans are afflicted with learning disabilities. Just look at any YouTube comment ever.
Fixed that for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright   Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Study Shows That '80s Metal Kids Turned Out Alright
Page 1 of 1