Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Finally Turned 30

Go down 
+18
Chairman_Smith
spiritoradio
Hamer12
SlaytanicPOWER
kmorg
mc666
sam
akeldama
Stender
MetalGuy71
jstate
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
DallasBlack
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

I Finally Turned 30 Empty
PostSubject: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 am

I've been waiting for this to happen for a few years now and it is finally here. Over here yesterday at 6 p.m. it was exactly 3 decades since my birth. Now I just need to stay 30, no need to get to 31. All I did was eat Olive Garden, went to the dentist, spent a total of 4-5 hours painting a drawing of mine on Microsoft Paint (see avatar), and slept. I was going to see the G.I. Joe movie but didn't feel like it. Went to Blockbuster because I knew a new Stargate movie came out but they didn't have it and I lost all interest in seeing anything else. Good thing school is starting in a few days because my life has reached a standstill and needs a good jump start. I've got to get a deeper than normal cleaning which is going to hurt like a mother because of my sensitive teeth (they said they will numb my gums up but that means a shot which will hurt later) and then I work tonight. When I get off at 7 a.m. I have a dentist appointment at 7:10 for 5 fillings, class orientation at 2 p.m., Galactic Cowboys concert at 7 p.m then I have to be at school the next day from 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and then have to be at work at 10 p.m. Maybe I shouldn't have turned 30 after all...oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:31 am

birthday

I wish i could've stayed 25... but it's not that bad at 30+ Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:33 am

birthday

It's all downhill from here. Twisted Evil

lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:52 am

birthday

Happy Birthday!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:20 am

Happy B-Day, DB... and remember, compared to some of us old forum farts you're still a whippersnapper.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Happy B-Day, DB... and remember, compared to some of us old forum farts you're still a whippersnapper.

And compared to some of us forum fossils, you old forum farts are just pups.

Happy Birthday DB!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:58 am

Happy b-day!!! Turning 40 is MUCH worse!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:20 am

Happy Birthday DB,turning 30 is better than the alternative.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:28 am

Happy Birthday DB! As much as I dreaded getting into my thirties it actually has been better than my twenties. I think I have more perspective on things and certainly appreciate everything more. Getting to the 4-0 is another matter. But as long as you are young at heart who cares what the birth certificate says.

And seeing the Galatic Cowboys is a pretty cool way to celebrate it. Good luck with everything.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:39 am

Happy Birthday, dude!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 am

Thanks everbody! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am

Happy birthday man! I got 11 years before I have to feel this fear..haha!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:17 pm

Happy B-Day, I have one more year to go until the dreaded 3-0, but then again my late twenties have been far more fulfilling than the early twenties. BTW the deep cleaning isn't that bad I had that done last week.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:59 pm

awesome dude, that rocks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:38 pm

happy birthday DB. enjoy your moment, because it will never get any better. Very Happy

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:48 pm

mc666 wrote:
happy birthday DB. enjoy your moment, because it will never get any better. Very Happy

Very true. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Happy Birthday, DB!!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:03 pm

akeldama wrote:
Happy B-Day, I have one more year to go until the dreaded 3-0, but then again my late twenties have been far more fulfilling than the early twenties. BTW the deep cleaning isn't that bad I had that done last week.

It wans't too bad (except when the pick came close to my cavities) and the pain from my crown averted some of the pain. Also there was no polishing which caused the most pain last time I had them cleaned. I also got some prescription strength toothpaste, floss, and rinse that should help with the sensitivity.

As far as my 20s, they were a mixed bag. On the negative side, I was in the Navy up til I was 23 and had some great times and awesome life experiences. However, when I got out my best friend already had 3 heart attacks and was soon kicked out of his house. I had to watch him suffer for 3 years, get his heart broken by a woman (he had a crush on her but she was married to a friend of his and eventually treated him badly even though he never moved in on his feelings). I had to find his dead body in the living room three years ago, my grandpa passed away, and my grandma developed alzheimers. I fell away from my faith for 4 years, I was unemployed for 6 months, I went to college and quit during my persuit of my bachelors, I had to figure out where I want to go as far as making a living. All that time I got heavily into debt causing me to work two jobs which left me with no days off for over a year. Not long ago I was depressed becuase I have no social life, and no special woman in my life (and no prospects) which hurt my faith again though not as as bad as the last time. I've had to replace my computer once, re-start from scratch four times, lost 300GB of memory (was able to get most of it back but had to add over 200 CDs into my computer again. My cat got attacked by my sisters dogs and spent three days without purring and spent the first two days hiding. Most recently I had a maggot infestation in my room and bathroom due to a dead bee hive in our wall and have to spend a couple thousand on getting my teeth in good condition.

On the plus side though I still struggle with obeying God, my time in the wilderness has been used to strengthen my faith. Two of my cousins got marries and one has a kid on the way. My nephew was born, and both him and my niece adore me. I gotten to see several concerts featuring some of my favorite bands. I found Heart Of Metal which gives me a surrogat social life, has taught me to get along with people who many times disagree with me on several issues and who don't come from the same culture I do, and introduced me to more metal than my wantlist can handle (the last part can also apply to No Life Til Metal and Metal Metropolis). I got my associates degree and in one year I will be a certified mechanic with the potential to make a comfortable living. I have paid off my debt and saved up enough money that the dental work won't cripple me and have thousands of dollars left over.

So my 20s were a roller coaster so hopefully my 30s will have more times of joy than sadness (which so far it's starting off on the right foot).
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:05 pm

(Sorry for the dark humor xD )

I Finally Turned 30 PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:08 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
(Sorry for the dark humor xD )

I Finally Turned 30 PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday

Laughing No problem, it's true anyways. From the time we enter this world our hour glass starts to empty.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:16 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
akeldama wrote:

It wans't too bad (except when the pick came close to my cavities) and the pain from my crown averted some of the pain. Also there was no polishing which caused the most pain last time I had them cleaned. I also got some prescription strength toothpaste, floss, and rinse that should help with the sensitivity.

As far as my 20s, they were a mixed bag. On the negative side, I was in the Navy up til I was 23 and had some great times and awesome life experiences. However, when I got out my best friend already had 3 heart attacks and was soon kicked out of his house. I had to watch him suffer for 3 years, get his heart broken by a woman (he had a crush on her but she was married to a friend of his and eventually treated him badly even though he never moved in on his feelings). I had to find his dead body in the living room three years ago, my grandpa passed away, and my grandma developed alzheimers. I fell away from my faith for 4 years, I was unemployed for 6 months, I went to college and quit during my persuit of my bachelors, I had to figure out where I want to go as far as making a living. All that time I got heavily into debt causing me to work two jobs which left me with no days off for over a year. Not long ago I was depressed becuase I have no social life, and no special woman in my life (and no prospects) which hurt my faith again though not as as bad as the last time. I've had to replace my computer once, re-start from scratch four times, lost 300GB of memory (was able to get most of it back but had to add over 200 CDs into my computer again. My cat got attacked by my sisters dogs and spent three days without purring and spent the first two days hiding. Most recently I had a maggot infestation in my room and bathroom due to a dead bee hive in our wall and have to spend a couple thousand on getting my teeth in good condition.

On the plus side though I still struggle with obeying God, my time in the wilderness has been used to strengthen my faith. Two of my cousins got marries and one has a kid on the way. My nephew was born, and both him and my niece adore me. I gotten to see several concerts featuring some of my favorite bands. I found Heart Of Metal which gives me a surrogat social life, has taught me to get along with people who many times disagree with me on several issues and who don't come from the same culture I do, and introduced me to more metal than my wantlist can handle (the last part can also apply to No Life Til Metal and Metal Metropolis). I got my associates degree and in one year I will be a certified mechanic with the potential to make a comfortable living. I have paid off my debt and saved up enough money that the dental work won't cripple me and have thousands of dollars left over.

So my 20s were a roller coaster so hopefully my 30s will have more times of joy than sadness (which so far it's starting off on the right foot).

Man dude, our 20's were similar, nice to see you doing a lot better DB.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:08 pm

I spent my 36th in DFW at the BLS show, it was honestly the best B-day I have had since I was a kid. I am really P.O.ed I cant make the Galactic Cowboys show so have fun for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Congrats DB!! I see that you share your Special Day with Sir Mix-A-Lot, who turns 46 today. Do you share his affinity for women with generous posteriors as well?

I Finally Turned 30 4243

I wonder where that giant prop butt is now? Will it someday appear in the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland? Or maybe it's in some Hard Rock Cafe somewhere. Wouldn't it be cool to get your picture taken while posing on a giant ass?

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Quote :
Wouldn't it be cool to get your picture taken while posing on a giant ass?

Yes. Especially if the giant ass is Rush Limbaugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Finally Turned 30   I Finally Turned 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Finally Turned 30
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next