Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Empty
PostSubject: The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2022 4:21 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Florida Panthers (1) vs. Washington Capitals (2nd Western Conference Wild Card)
The Florida Panthers won the Presidents' Trophy for the very first time in franchise history in 2021-22. The franchise has not advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs since 1996, when they went all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals, losing to Colorado in four straight. This is the year Florida is finally expected to advance in the playoffs again. They face the Washington Capitals in the first round. Washington won their only Stanley Cup in 2018, and have not advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs since then. This marks the first time the Panthers and Capitals meet in the playoffs.
Prediction: Florida in five games.

Carolina Hurricanes (1st in Metropolitan Division) vs. Boston Bruins (1st Eastern Conference Wild Card)
In the last few seasons, the Carolina Hurricanes have improved to become very legitimate Stanley Cup contenders. The Hurricanes finished with the third best record in the NHL during the regular season. However, they face the Boston Bruins, a team who has the number of the Hurricanes in the playoffs. The Hurricanes and Bruins last met in the Stanley Cup Playoffs in 2020, when the Bruins defeated the Hurricanes four games to one in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. In 2019, the Bruins swept the Hurricanes in the Eastern Conference Final. Boston is expecting David Pastrnak, who scored 40 goals during the regular season, to lead the team in the offense department. Carolina won all three games they played against the Bruins during the regular season.
Prediction: Carolina in six games.

Toronto Maple Leafs (2nd in Atlantic Division) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (3rd in Atlantic Division)
In 2021, the Tampa Bay Lightning became the first NHL team to win back-to-back Stanley Cups since the Pittsburgh Penguins did it in 2015-16 and 2016-17. Now, the Lightning aim to be the first team to win three in a row since the New York Islanders won four straight from 1980 to 1983. Toronto is a team that has not had much luck in the playoffs. They have the longest Stanley Cup drought in history, not having won since 1967, and not even having made any appearances in the Stanley Cup Final since then. They last won a playoff series in 2004. Tampa Bay have the upper hand in playoff experience by a landslide.
Prediction: Tampa Bay in four games.

New York Rangers (2nd in Metropolitan Division) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (3rd in Metropolitan Division)
The New York Rangers had their best regular season in years in 2021-22. Many people believe that this Rangers team is the most stacked since they won the Stanley Cup in 1994. (The Rangers did make one appearance in the Stanley Cup Final since then, in 2014, when they lost to the Los Angeles Kings in five games.) They have a great balance of offense and defense. They face the Pittsburgh Penguins in the opening round. The Penguins had another strong regular season, but they have not advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs since 2018. Pittsburgh does have a very strong goaltender in Casey DeSmith, but Igor Shesterkin is the favorite to win the Vezina Trophy this season. While Pittsburgh does have the upper hand in the experience department, New York just has the more well rounded team overall.
Prediction: New York in six games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Colorado Avalanche (1st in Central Division) vs. Nashville Predators (2nd Western Conference Wild Card)
The Colorado Avalanche finished the 2021-22 regular season at the top of the Central Division and the top of the Western Conference. However, they will face the Nashville Predators in the opening round, a team who has had a lot of luck against Colorado in the past. During their sole previous playoff meeting in 2017-18, Nashville defeated Colorado. In the regular season, Nashville were the only team to beat Colorado three times, winning three of the four regular season meetings. However, Juuse Saros, Nashville's goaltender, is injured, which is a big blow to Nashville.
Prediction: Colorado in five games.

Calgary Flames (1st in Pacific Division) vs. Dallas Stars (1st Western Conference Wild Card)
The Calgary Flames and Dallas Stars both rebounded from disappointing 2020-21 seasons  where they finished out of the playoffs and find themselves back in the postseason. The two teams have met in the playoffs twice. The first time was in 1980-81, when Dallas were still located in Minnesota and known as the Minnesota North Stars; Minnesota defeated Calgary in the third round of the playoffs. In 2019-20, Dallas defeated Calgary in the Western Conference Quarterfinals. Calgary hopes the third time is the charm, and they have home ice advantage. In the 2021-22 regular season, Calgary won two of the three regular season meetings.
Prediction: Calgary in six games.

Minnesota Wild (2nd in Central Division) vs. St. Louis Blues (3rd in Central Division)
The Minnesota Wild finished the 2021-22 regular season with the best record in franchise history. Late in the season, the team acquired goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury from the Chicago Blackhawks. Fleury has won three Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins, so his playoff experience should be a huge boost. The Wild have not advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs since 2014. The St. Louis Blues have won one Stanley Cup in franchise history, winning in 2019. Many core pieces of that Cup winning team remain for the Blues. This looks to be one of the tightest first round matchups.
Prediction: Minnesota in seven games.

Edmonton Oilers (2nd in Pacific Division) vs. Los Angeles Kings (3rd in Pacific Division)
The Los Angeles Kings surprised everyone in 2021-22 by making the playoffs for the first time in four years. Edmonton is a team built on offense, being led by Art Ross Trophy winner Connor McDavid. Los Angeles, with goaltender Jonathan Quick (who led the Kings to the Stanley Cup in 2012 and 2014), has the upper hand in the goaltending department, however. This marks the first time that the Oilers and Kings meet in the playoffs since 1991-92, when Edmonton defeated Los Angeles four games to two in the Smythe Division Semifinals. The two teams have met seven times in the playoffs in the past. Edmonton has won five of the seven meetings (1985, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1992), and Los Angeles have won two (1982, 1989).
Prediction: Edmonton in seven games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 6:28 am

The Boston Bruins wont be advancing. I have that sad feeling.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 7:30 pm

At least the Leafs are out.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 11:44 am

Looking back, I was right on seven of the eight picks on what teams would win. However, I wasn't right on any of them for how many games they would be in.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 11:33 am

I didn't post my predictions, but my bracket went 5/8.

Still better than an octopus picking randomly.

The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Bracke10
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 11:35 am

Gretzky is 8/8 so far.

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1521923212287819776

The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Greato10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions
Page 1 of 1