Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Empty
PostSubject: The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 7:44 pm

Mass Mutual East Division

Boston Bruins (3) vs. New York Islanders (4)
The Bruins and Islanders have both advanced to the second round of the playoffs for the third year in a row. This marks the first time the Islanders have advanced in the playoffs since they advanced in seven straight seasons from 1978-79 until 1984-85, a run that included their early 1980s dynasty where they won four straight Stanley Cups (1980 through 1983). The two teams have met in the playoffs twice to date, with the Islanders winning both previous meetings.
Prediction: Boston in seven games.

Discover Central Division

Carolina Hurricanes (1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (3)
The defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Tampa Bay Lightning, face the Carolina Hurricanes for the first time in franchise history in the second round of the playoffs. Both teams defeated teams they faced for the first time in franchise history in the opening round; Tampa Bay eliminated the Florida Panthers in the opening round, while Carolina defeated the Nashville Predators in their opening round series. In the regular season, the Hurricanes and Lightning met eight times; Carolina won four, while Tampa won the other four.
Prediction: Tampa Bay in seven games.

Honda West Division

Colorado Avalanche (1) vs. Vegas Golden Knights (2)
The NHL's top team during the regular season, the Colorado Avalanche, swept the St. Louis Blues in the opening round of the playoffs. In the second round, they face the Vegas Golden Knights, who had a more difficult first round series; Vegas required the full seven games to knock out the Minnesota Wild in the opening round. This marks the first playoffs meeting between the Avalanche and Golden Knights to date.
Prediction: Colorado in six games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 10:10 pm

Bleh. Once the Pens are out who cares? Go copy and paste this somewhere else.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 11:30 am

Knights-Avs is the highlight of this round. Two powerhouse teams, both with Vezina trophy candidate goalies. I think the winner of this series will play Tampa Bay in the Stanley Cup final. I'm going to pick the Knights, because they are more balanced and it's depth that wins these games. But it's going to be a war.

Having hindsight of that game 1, I think the Bruins are the better team and will beat the Islanders. But then they'll have no chance against either Knights, Avs or the Lightning. And they can't face the North division winner in the round of four. 

Montreal and Toronto are yet to play their game 7, but I originally picked Canadiens in 7, so I'm going with that assumption still, and that they will play the Jets in round two. And lose. The Jets are just too good. They've got great center depth this season.

So it's Bolts, Knights, Jets and Bruins in the final four. And Knights beat the Jets, Bolts beat the Bruins.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 2:28 pm

Bell North Division

Winnipeg Jets (3) vs. Montréal Canadiens (4)
The Montréal Canadiens pulled off the biggest upset of the opening round of the playoffs by shocking the Toronto Maple Leafs. Being down by a three games to one deficit, the Canadiens managed to win the next three games to pull off the upset. The series followed the same template as their 2010 upset against the Washington Capitals. Montréal won the first game, only to lose the next three, before winning the series in seven. In the second round this year, they face the Winnipeg Jets. This marks the first time the Jets and Canadiens meet in the playoffs. Winnipeg won six of the nine regular season meetings against Montréal.
Prediction: Montréal in seven games.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 10:21 pm

Habs, Bolts and the Isles are through.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Vegas punched their ticket to the third round on Thursday night.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 7:33 am

Well, I went two our of four.

I've now got the Knights beating the Islanders for the Cup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions
Page 1 of 1