Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+8
nevermore
SideShowDisaSter
Leatherface
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 6:13 am

The penultimate episode of Supernatural
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 9:28 am

Binge-watched 3 episodes of Star Trek Discovery last night. I stumbled across this show a couple weeks ago and was impressed enough by the 30 minutes I saw that I decided to investigate further. I'm digging it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Big Bang Theory
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 4:08 pm

The Mandalorian season 2, episode 3
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 3:14 pm

"Rush: The Rise of Kings" (2014)

British documentary on the legendary Canadian rock trio traces their formative years in late 60s Toronto to their mainstream breakthrough in the early 80s. Like most of these "unofficial" music docs, this flick is about a 50/50 mix of public-domain interview and performance footage (much of it coming from the archives of MuchMusic, the Canadian equivalent of MTV), and present-day commentary by the usual group of English music journalists you always see in these things.
Occasionally interesting, but obviously the far superior "Beyond the Lighted Stage" is the better Rush doc.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 7:23 pm

"Pixels" (2015)

Aliens invade Earth by taking the form of classic video game characters (don't ask), so the President (Kevin James) reunites his old childhood gang of arcade-game experts (Adam Sandler, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage) in order to save the world.
If memory serves, this movie racked up quite a few Razzie Awards back when it was released, but I actually enjoyed it, despite the presence of Josh Gad (who I find immensely irritating). This is a fun mash up of "Ghostbusters," "Wreck It Ralph," and "Independence Day," with impressive special effects and a lot of fun gags. Underrated.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 9:18 pm

Batman: Hush
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 9:23 pm

"Chris Claremont's X-Men" (2018)

Documentary about the writer who took over the under-performing X-Men comic series in the mid 70s, when it was on the verge of being cancelled, and turned it into one of Marvel's cornerstone titles over the next fifteen years. A cheap looking, but enlightening look behind-the-scenes at a major figure in comic book history.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2020 9:28 pm

Watched the latest episode of Star Trek Discovery so now I'm up to date.

Now watching Next. I will never have a "smart" anything in my home; it's bad enough I have a computer!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 12:16 am

Binged season five of this show called 60 Days in. Based on regular people going into prisons or jails as actual convicts and agree to stay for sixty days. Only reason why I watched that particular season was because it was filmed in the Pinal County Sheriff's office prison in Florence, AZ. It's a prison I've actually made deliveries too several times, so it caught my attention. Pretty cool show for reality TV, might try and catch other seasons if they become available on Netflix.

Last edited by Wrecked Neck on Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 6:27 am

Real Life Nightmare

A crime show centering on real unsolved cases, this last episode dealing with the disappearance of a Canadian tourist from an L.A. hotel, later to be found dead in the hotel's water supply tank on the roof.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 5:45 pm

Kolchak:The Night Stalker
Saw VI
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 11:59 am

Season 1 of Lore. It's on Amazon Prime. True stories of horror legend and folklore based on a podcast. Pretty interesting even if the narrator sounds like he's reading it in slo-mo.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 1:01 pm

Another episode of Real Life Nightmare
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 10:03 pm

The series finale of Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 10:03 pm

"Cut and Run" (1985)

A lady journalist and her cameraman head into the jungles of Colombia to find a missing American, and end up caught in the middle of a battle between cocaine smugglers, a Jim Jones style religious cult leader, and hordes of angry natives in this muddled action/adventure flick from Ruggero "Cannibal Holocaust" Deodato.
"Cut and Run" has a few decent action sequences and a cast full of familiar faces (incl. Michael "The Hills Have Eyes" Berryman, Richard Lynch, Karen Black, and even Willie "Bibleman" Aames!) but due to the director's exploitation pedigree, I was expecting something much sleazier/nastier. Apparently the European cut of this film is heavier on the ultra-violence and gore; I wish I'd seen that version instead.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 11:28 am

I watched a couple of episodes of Family Guy last night.

"Leggo My Meg-O" is a parody of Taken, with Brian and Stewie going to rescue Meg after she is abducted while in France.

"3 Acts of God" is an episode where Peter goes on a journey to find God, as he is angry at football players for thanking God every time they beat the New England Patriots, Peter's favorite football team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 12:41 pm

The Mandalorian season 2 episode 4

Society (1989)

I've heard of this one but never saw it so I gave it a shot. A Beverly Hills teen ,always feeling different from the rest of his family, soon begins to suspect that there is something more ominous going on in this body horror film directed by Brian Yuzna. Pretty decent,if somewhat laughable, practical effects and plenty of hot 80s chicks in this one. I liked it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 1:45 pm

I love Society. Another Brian Yuzna classic. That weird, gelatinous orgy scene and the giant hand are just too bizarre.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 3:21 pm

Watched a livestream concert of Demon Hunter last night.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 7:08 pm

"RoboCop 3" (1993)

Omni Consumer Products has been bought out by a Japanese corporation, who plan to bulldoze Old Detroit and build their gleaming new City of the Future. After RoboCop is wounded while protecting innocent citizens from OCP's mercenary "Rehab" soldiers,  he joins a street level resistance movement battling against the corporate creeps.
This third go-round is noticeably cheaper looking than the first two installments and there's a new guy in the Robo-Suit, but lots of stuff still gets shot and blown up real good, in spite of the PG-13 rating.
This flick tanked at the box office and is considered the worst of the series, but I've always enjoyed it, in a cartoonish sort of way... and it's still better than the 2014 remake.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm

Abbott And Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)

Universal classic that has Bud and Lou caught up in a plot where Dracula (Belated Lugosi ,in only his second time playing the Count) wants to have Lou's brain transplanted into the body of the Frankenstein monster (Glenn Strange). They're aided in their fight against Dracula by Larry Talbot, the Wolfman (Lon Chaney Jr.). I've seen this movie countless times and it never gets old. One of my all time favorites.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 1:59 pm

"Starring Adam West" (2014)

The actor looks back at the highs and lows of his long showbiz career, from the '60s "Batman" craze through the typecasting which led to some lean years afterwards, to his well deserved 21st century resurgence.

Meanwhile, behind the scenes Adam's family, friends, and fans are rallying together to nominate him for a long overdue star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

An engrossing profile of a genuinely cool cat who led an interesting life, loaded with tons of vintage clips, laugh-out-loud interviews, and photos. Lots of fun. I miss this guy!

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 6:28 pm

Leatherface wrote:

I might watch that series again after I finish Gotham and watch the stockpile of movies I've accumulated. I have the whole series on DVD and haven't watched it in a long time. But I can still hear Simon Oakland yelling "Kolchak!!!!!"

I think someone should consider "re-imagining" that show; the writing was pretty good and did a fine job of straddling the line between campy comedy and mystery/horror which is not an easy feat. I bet with looser standards now then way back in the 70s a well-written revival of that show could be the next X-Files.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next