Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+8
nevermore
SideShowDisaSter
Leatherface
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 11:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Fanboys" (2009)

In 1998, five lifelong friends and massive Star Wars nerds embark on a cross country road trip to crash George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch and steal a rough cut of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace so they can see the movie before everyone else does. Needless to say, things don't go quite as planned.
This very funny road trip comedy lovingly sends up sci-fi nerd culture with lots of nods to the Star Wars saga, and cameos by several famous faces. This is one of those underrated comedies that deserves a cult following. This was my 3rd or 4th viewing of this flick and I still laughed out loud a lot.

Yah, that was a fun one lol!

HAN SOLO IS NOT A BITCH!!!!! (was it Solo? it's been a while since I watched it)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18937

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 2:28 am

Masters of Horror:Jenifer(2005)-a police officer saves a young, deformed woman from the clutches of a lunatic, shooting him dead. Having nowhere to go, he brings her home with him. Despite her appearance, he becomes strangely drawn to her. His obsession with her causes his life to start falling apart and soon the bodies start to pile up as well.(Insert evil laugh)This episode is based on a story from one of those issues of the magazine Creepy that were popular years ago. Of the MOH episodes I've seen so far, most are either "good" or "meh". This one is another on the "meh" side for me, as I found it not very special and the ending you could see from a mile away. Directed by Dario Argento (who I always found overrated).2/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 8:25 am

Jenifer is my favorite MoH episode.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 11:11 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

HAN SOLO IS NOT A BITCH!!!!! (was it Solo?  it's been a while since I watched it)

Yep, the head Trekkie (or as they call'em in this film, "Spock-Sucker") kept saying "Han Solo is a bitch!" to piss off the fat guy, haha Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18937

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 1:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Jenifer is my favorite MoH episode.
Sorry. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 1:23 pm

However you are definitely correct that the MoH series is very uneven.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 8:59 pm

"Beerfest" (2006)

Two brothers, looking to restore honor to their family name, form a team of fellow power drinkers to represent the U.S.A. in a secret international beer drinking competition held in Munich during Oktoberfest. Can these rag tag losers take the crown from the dreaded German team on their home turf?
This loud, funny, raunchy comedy from the Broken Lizard troupe of "Super Troopers" fame will leave you thirsty for more (or maybe just thirsty). It's a hoot.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 9:20 pm

Started "Silent Night, Deadly Night 3 - Better Watch Out" today on the elliptical.

This thing is just as bad as I remember from the last time I saw it. Everyone sleepwalks through their performances and all the kills are off-screen with blood-spatters being the only thing seen. Even Bill Moseley as "Rickey" with that stupid "brain dome" on his head is totally wasted.

Total snoozefest.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28446

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 10:05 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 1*cpYAR7W8jSkZjxh6KbzSwg

One of the best action movies of all time.

I have made it a tradition to watch Die Hard at least once over the Holidays every year for many years now.

This year was different, though. I saw Die Hard in theaters this time.

I was only three when Die Hard was originally released, and never saw it until I was in my teens. Since the theater near me was showing it for a week (likely due to less new movies showing due to the pandemic, and because of Die Hard taking place on Christmas Eve), I decided to go see it, just to say I saw it in theaters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 11:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

HAN SOLO IS NOT A BITCH!!!!! (was it Solo?  it's been a while since I watched it)

Yep, the head Trekkie (or as they call'em in this film, "Spock-Sucker") kept saying "Han Solo is a bitch!" to piss off the fat guy, haha Laughing very hard

That's the one! lol! Didn't Seth Rogan play both parts, as well? Laughing

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 11:16 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

That's the one!  lol!   Didn't Seth Rogan play both parts, as well?  Laughing

According to IMDb, Seth played three (!) parts in the movie - the head Trekkie, the pimp with the Jar Jar Binks tattoo ("This guy's gonna be the SHIT I tell ya!") and a guy in a Klingon mask at the convention. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 1:06 pm

Some episodes Of Family Guy and King Of Queens
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 10:53 am

The Mandalorian season 2, episode 7

Finished the first season of Game Of Thrones
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 3:41 pm

"Top Secret!"(1984)

An American rock n roll singer (Val Kilmer, in his film debut) visiting East Germany on a goodwill tour, gets mixed up with the French resistance (?), helps them free an imprisoned scientist, and falls in love (of course).
A wacky spoof of 1940s spy flicks and Elvis movies, brought to us by the Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker team of "Airplane!" fame. "Top Secret" doesn't quite reach the laugh-a-minute heights of that classic, but it's got enough goofy gags to make it watchable.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Die Hard (it is a Christmas movie!!!)
The Mandalorian - Episode 15
Doctor Who - Robot

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 10:05 pm

Return Of The Vampire (1944)

Bela Lugosi stars as a vampire destroyed during WW I but is accidentally resurrected during the London Blitz and decides to wreak vengeance on the family responsible for his prior "death". A nice atmospheric film highlighted with the war background.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 4:06 pm

Holiday Horror Hootenanny 2020 continues...
"Silent Night, Bloody Night" (aka "Deathouse," 1972)

A small New England town is rocked by a series of Christmas Eve slayings when a big city lawyer comes to close the sale of a long-empty mansion with a famously sordid past.
Possibly the first-ever Christmas slasher movie, this long time late-night TV fave is a slow burner, but it has lots of creepy atmosphere, one gloriously gory axe murder scene, and an interesting cast that includes future Roger Corman fave Mary Woronov and the legendary John Carradine.
Due to its public domain status, this flick appears in lots of cheap "Horror Classics" DVD sets, usually in terrible washed out quality. However, the fine folks at Vinegar Syndrome "remastered" it a few years ago (see YouTube link above) and while this version is still occasionally scratchy and dark, it's still the only decent print of it I've ever seen.
"Silent Night Bloody Night" may not exactly be a great movie, but it's a weird, interesting little seasonal oddity.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Finally finished "Silent Night Deadly Night 3 - Better Watch Out" today on the elliptical. OMG, what a slog this was; endlessly slow and boring with zero on-screen kills and Bill Moseley sleepwalking through his "brain-domed" character of Ricky and Robert Culp meandering on and on about the cell-phone pyramid scheme he's involved in. My God what a boring mess this was! When I was looking for something different to watch during my Toho Horror Christmas I ran across the 3-disc set of SNDN flicks I bought a while back. It consists of this atrocity, SNDN4 and SNDN5 (both of which are eminently more watchable than this dreck). I remembered both of those movies but I couldn't understand why I didn't remember anything about SNDN3.

Now I know why; this thing is (in the words of a Monty Python sketch) "...irrepressibly drab and awful...". The fact that I kept being reminded of that phrase from an MP skit tells you all you need to know about SNDN3. AVOID,AVOID,AVOID!!!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 8:41 pm

On the elliptical today I started "Krampus".

This is the 3rd time I'm watching this film and it gets more enjoyable each time. I like the cheap. slapstick-style humor in the early stages and I really enjoy the darker humor once Krampus makes his appearance. This and "A Christmas Horror Story" have joined "Santa's Slay" in the pantheon of Toho Holiday Horror Classics.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 9:53 pm

Yea, "Krampus" is a good'un. I gotta try and make time to catch that sometime before the holidays are over.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 3:47 pm

Burnin' up my last vacay day of the year today, watchin' some movies and waitin' for the snow storm to roll in...

"Deadpool" (2016)

Marvel Comics' wise-ass, foul mouthed, indestructible mercenary (Ryan Reynolds) goes after the mad scientist who made him a freak in this balls-to-the-wall, ultra violent, fourth-wall-breaking riot. I've seen this once before but it definitely holds up to repeat viewing.

"Krampus" (2015)

A dysfunctional family's Christmas celebration is crashed by the vengeful Yuletide demon of German folklore in this holiday horror/comedy from Michael "Trick r' Treat" Dougherty. It's hampered slightly by the PG-13 rating but it's still a load of dark, twisted holiday fun. This one has become a Christmas season regular for me.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 6:55 pm

Am I the only one who thinks the "aunt" in the film is modeled after Roseanne Barr's character on the Rosanne TV show? They even look alike.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 8:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks the "aunt" in the film is modeled after Roseanne Barr's character on the Rosanne TV show?  They even look alike.

I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said something, but now that you mention it, I can see the resemblance.

The actress who played her just passed away a few months ago. She was best known for her long run on the sitcom "Two and a Half Men."

Back on topic: a new entry in the Holiday Horror Hootenanny:

"Once Upon a Time at Christmas" (2017)

A small Upstate New York town gets a Yuletide visit from two thrill killing psychos dressed as Santa and Mrs. Claus, whose murder scenes mimic the lyrics to "The 12 Days of Christmas."
This indie horror flick has a nice wintry look, an absurdly high body count, and the couple who play the killers are a hoot (the Mrs. Claus chick is essentially playing Harley Quinn in a Slutty Santa outfit), but the movie drags on for far too long and the supporting characters are such idiots that they deserve everything that happens to them.
Therefore, not an essential holiday horror, but entertainingly stupid enough for a single viewing.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 11:31 pm

Season 1 of My Crazy Ex.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 6:35 pm

On the elliptical today I finished Krampus. This film has been on my annual Christmas Horrorthon list for the past several years and this one just doesn't seem to get old. My favorite monster is the Jack-In-The-Box, worm-like thing. Although the titular character looks pretty cool too. And I like the obnoxious killer gingerbread men too; hell, the whole film is a hoot. And it's pretty decent acting when you go from wanting the visiting relatives to die to rooting for them. Except for the little fat kid; I keep wanting him to die. Now that I think about it, other than a belch does that kid even say anything in the whole movie? I'll have to wait until next year to find out.

Fun flick even after repeated viewings. Next up is either Santa's Slay (which I finally got burned out on last year) or A Christmas Horror Story (which I'm also starting to get burned out on since repeated viewings ruin all the "twists"). And I think this year's "skip" is going to be "Sint"; it's a great flick but I've just seen it too damn many times.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next