Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lynch Mob calls it quits

Go down 
+11
mikeinfla
Witchfinder
Lari
Fat Freddy
Glower
MetalGuy71
manny
nevermore
Gilbert
Troublezone
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Lynch Mob calls it quits Empty
PostSubject: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 9:53 pm

George Lynch has announced that he’s pulling the plug on Lynch Mob. He sites “the current state of the world” as the reason. In other words... political incorrectness and the racist connotation of the name.
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/george-lynch-says-its-time-to-pull-the-plug-on-lynch-mob-im-not-gonna-tour-anymore-or-put-out-records-with-that-name/

He’s had the name 30 years. Now it’s a big deal? This hypersensitivity has gone too far!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 2:13 am

It's just a band's name after all. If you don't like the name, just don't listen to the band.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 2:17 am

Troublezone wrote:
George Lynch has announced that he’s pulling the plug on Lynch Mob. He sites “the current state of the world” as the reason. In other words... political incorrectness and the racist connotation of the name.
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/george-lynch-says-its-time-to-pull-the-plug-on-lynch-mob-im-not-gonna-tour-anymore-or-put-out-records-with-that-name/

He’s had the name 30 years. Now it’s a big deal? This hypersensitivity has gone too far!

Sounds like George is giving some bs excuse to me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 6:09 am

Stupid. But honestly, I didn't even know they were still a band.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 7:22 am

Well the name was used because the Lynch Mob actually had two albums that sold well, were his own solo albums were not really made for massive commercial success, but his niche audience. It made sense to continue with the name Lynch Mob, better bookings, rock cruises etc, but in today's climate, if he feels the name is problematic than he should drop it and just tour under his own name, plus the newest album seems like the perfect place to quietly rest the name.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 9:55 am

Imagine the nerve of some 65 year old man wanting to retire a band project that noone's cared about in 30 years while still continuing to release music under his own name and other numerous projects. How absurd!!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 10:22 am

By this same logic, shouldn’t he change his last name? Maybe he can be known as George Lunch.

Hire Vince Meal and he could have the Lunch Mob. Laughing

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 10:23 am

I threw away my Lynch mob CD last week. Tried to like it for 2 years.
Hate the singer’s voice. He sounds too feminine as having an orgasm.
Don Dokken was way cooler.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 11:12 am

(shrug) Meh, never got into Lynch Mob much.  In the Dokken/George split I was always Team Don.

The idea that the name has "bad connotations" just sounds like a convenient excuse for him to put the band away. They haven't sold records worth a damn in 25+ years, anyway. Now he's free to go make other records that don't sell, with Michael Sweet or the King's X guy or whoever else he may be collaborating with this week.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 2:02 pm

Good for him.

It's not like he went out to get publicity. He was asked if there will be another Lynch Mob album after this and he said no.

He continued: "The name itself, of course, has always been problematic, and now it's inexcusable to keep the name. So, things have just sort of all conspired. A lot of different events triangulated to this point where it just makes sense on every single level to just let it go and wrap it up with and nice neat bow with this record and move on."

So, whatever he feels is right. It's his band. Lynch Mob was a cool name, but not marketable at all in today's world. Clubs probably don't want them, etc. And now with the virus and all it's not like you can afford to lose any more gigs.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 12:32 am

Any albums by this band you'd recommend? I am barely familiar with their work.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 2:09 am

Gilbert wrote:

I only have the debut album Wicked Sensation. It has some great soloing, but it’s nothing groundbreaking.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 6:09 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I only have the debut album Wicked Sensation. It has some great soloing, but it’s nothing groundbreaking.

Will check it out on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 8:47 am

After listening to a track off of their forthcoming Wicked Sensation Reimagined album they are doing us all a favor by disbanding.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 10:12 am

Witchfinder wrote:
After listening to a track off of their forthcoming Wicked Sensation Reimagined album they are doing us all a favor by disbanding.

Oucchhhhh!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 10:13 am

Witchfinder wrote:

God, that sucks ! I'll stick with the original, thanks.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 2:13 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Yea, NO.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 2:57 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 2:20 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Wow that’s terrible! I guess they made the right decision! 🤮
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 5:19 am

Ha! It is unanimous! Heard this a week or so ago and did not make it past a minute or so.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 7:58 am

That was terrible and again I see no point re-recording your old material, its not going to overtake your old recordings as the version the fans prefer to go, and this re-recording will probably turn off fans ...like me!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 9:12 am

I actually like bands re-recording old songs. At least if their sound has changed considerably. And if I'm a huge fan of the band. Lynch Mob doesn't fill either box.

I've got a bunch of re-recorded albums I love though.

Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder (Saxon had updated their sound considerably by this point)
Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory (Barlow!)
Axxis - Best of EMI Years (the band has become better)
Tarot - Spell of Iron MMXI (heavy sound, clean production, changed lyrics)
Gamma Ray - Blast from the Past (Kai Hansen singing the old stuff? Hell Yeah!)

And that Rage bonus disc that came with Seasons of the Black where they re-recorded old Avenger songs. Amazing stuff.

I'm surprised Judas Priest hasn't done this. I think they could have done studio versions of more than just Rapid Fire and Green Manalishi in the nineties/noughties during the Ripper years and I would have been all over it.

Maybe KK's Priest will do that now?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 12:03 pm

I really don't see him looking for an excuse to put the band away. I can see where he is coming from. I think venues are going to be hesitant to put the name up on billboards or to feature it in ads these days. I could easily see him just changing the name to Wicked Sensation and continuing to tour with the same revolving door of singers that have been with him on and off for the past few years.

LM was really the only band he played live with recently, even though he has a hundred other solo projects going on.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 12:26 pm

If Lynch Mob had made the re-recording heavier but still kept the spirit and style of the original, I would be okay with that. This sounds like a lazy uninspired POS! It’s like something a band would do to fulfill a contract that they wanted out of. I bet Ratpak regrets asking for it. George Lynch is a man spread too thin with a lot of projects. He seems to do these half ass rush job albums for a quick buck instead of taking his time and doing something right. Even with the Sweet/Lynch thing... Michael did everything and all Lynch did was show up to do his solos. He’s lazy. I think he likes his KXM project though...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 10:45 pm

Maybe use a new Lynch pun name, like Lynchpin or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lynch Mob calls it quits   Lynch Mob calls it quits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lynch Mob calls it quits
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next