Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Narnia Calls It Quits

Go down 
+16
Gilbert
Lari
powermacho
jerseyultifan+
Glenn Rogers
ultmetal
MetalRob331
GrandNational
Leatherface
Metallic Blaze
Fat Freddy
metalken
tohostudios
exact33
ZetaReticuli
A Handful of Wayne
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Narnia Calls It Quits Empty
PostSubject: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

C.J. Grimmark (guitar, keyboards) of Swedish epic/melodic metallers NARNIANarnia Calls It Quits 2_bing has issued the following update:

"Some of you may have heard rumors, and some of you may be surprised by what you're about to read.

"We confirm today that we're facing the end of the journey of this band.

"We want to thank all our fans, friends and our families who stood behind us all the time. Thank you for believing.

"The decision was made around New Year '09/'10.

"It's time to move on. Music businessNarnia Calls It Quits 2_bing is tough, and it's getting tougher every day. But it's also the greatest business to be in thanks to the crowds and the people we've met along this long road.

"Thank you for sharing your stories and for letting our music and message be a part of your lives.

"Last summerNarnia Calls It Quits 2_bing, after a concert, a guy around the age of 20-25 walked up to me, thanked me for the show and said, 'I listened a lot to you guys when I was a kid'. (...and I thought WE were still kids...hey, wake up.) Smile

"To celebrate this long journey, we will do ONE more concert that will serve as the grand finale of NARNIA. The event has been chosen with great care and we hope to announce this... soon Wink

"Stay tuned, God bless... over and out."

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Narnia, LOL.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:28 pm

As I said on the CMR - its a shame because their last cd was excellent.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:43 pm

I've given Narnia several tries and just couldn't get into them.

That said, I haven't heard the last one (which everyone seems to love) but regardless this is a disappointing event IMO.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:

That said, I haven't heard the last one (which everyone seems to love) but regardless this is a disappointing event IMO.

The last one was the best one imho.

metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 pm

I was never a fan, but their last one with the new singer was/is fantastic. I do not think I will be delving at all with their past releases as every song I have heard online just does not click with me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Meh. I had their DESERT LAND disc a while ago... it was OK but not a keeper.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:08 pm

Not a fan of this band.

I used to own their entire catalogue. Just got very very bored with it.

Trite lyrics. Trite music. Pass.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:23 pm

Never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Never heard of them.

If you've ever heard Yngwie Malmsteen and Dio, you got the idea.

Only a very boring, generic version of those two great bands. They are the real deal. Narnia was the 'Christian' version.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:31 am

I quit Narnia long time ago......they were still around?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:08 am

GrandNational wrote:
I quit Narnia long time ago......they were still around?

Narnia Calls It Quits Lol

Yes, they were. Still truckin'. I guess I gotta give em props for that at least. They lasted longer than most Christian metal bands do.

I wish Sacred Warrior had been around the length Narnia was. They would have put out some truly quality material for us.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:30 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I used to own their entire catalogue. Just got very very bored with it.

Trite lyrics. Trite music. Pass.

Me too MB. I like cheese, but it was getting too cheesy for me. The lyrics were cringe inducing after a while.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:56 am

I hope to see C.J. Grimmark stay in music and metal. That man can tear it up on guitar and did it better then most neoclassical guitar players. One of the best in the genre....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:56 am

C.J. Grimmark has been playing with Rob Rock for years now. I'm sure he will continue to do so.

Narnia were great! They had a unique sound, especially their vocalist Christian Rival. Had a chance to see them live in Switzerland several years ago and they were great! Grimmark is quite the shredder.

Frankly, when Christian left the band, I thought Narnia was finished. I have yet to hear their one album without him.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:52 am

Good band. I was there with Scott. Nice guy's too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:31 pm

ultmetal wrote:
C.J. Grimmark has been playing with Rob Rock for years now. I'm sure he will continue to do so.

Narnia were great! They had a unique sound, especially their vocalist Christian Rival. Had a chance to see them live in Switzerland several years ago and they were great! Grimmark is quite the shredder.

Frankly, when Christian left the band, I thought Narnia was finished. I have yet to hear their one album without him.

Ironically, I think their best work is on that last cd without Christian..

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:33 pm

I agree exact. I have two albums with Christian and they're good enough but the last one was much better.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:39 pm

The last album was really good. The sounded changed a little bit and I think it was a little less cheesey than the previous releases. I was hoping to hear another album with this line up but I guess its good to quit on a high note.

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:19 pm

"Kings will come" from the last cd is a great tune!! clearly its like the sabbath/dio deal..when C.J. took over the lead spot;it clearly gave the band a new sound and seemed to me that they were headed in the right but,different direction! sad to see but,wish all the guys well and blessings always! Narnia Calls It Quits 25679 Narnia Calls It Quits 445525
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:16 pm

very sad news, since the band was at their best. I which they would continued, but I understand how hard it is to sell music these days
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6334

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:23 pm

I couldn't get into them. I've even seen them live.

But those Rob Rock albums rule!

Plenty of respect for them for doing what they did all those years though. Though protestant Christian, Scandinavia is probably not the easiest environment to play Christian metal in. I'm not sure about Sweden, but at least Norway is heavy on the black metal bands, and Finland has a hundred new pagan folk metal bands popping up every month.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:06 am

Sad news. I like these guys.

I'm sure that one way or the other, they'll come back. Don't they all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:46 am

They'll be in different bands so they'll play on.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narnia Calls It Quits
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next