Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 1:46 pm

RIDE THE SKY, the new band featuring ex-HELLOWEEN drummer and MASTERPLAN founder Uli Kusch alongside ex-TEARS OF ANGER/BEYOND TWILIGHT singer Bjørn Jansson, guitarist Benny Jansson, and bassist Mathias Granås (XSAVIOR), has split up.

According to the group, "[Neither] the bandmembers nor record company seem to have the urge to make a second album. There was not much media focus and together with a minor support from the record company, we came to the point where it was just not worth the work to even try to complete a second album."

RIDE THE SKY's video for the song "New Protection", which was shot in Umeå, Sweden with director Owe Lingvall of Village Road Film, can be viewed below. The track is the title cut of the group's debut album, which was released in Germany in August 2007 via Nuclear Blast. An e-card for the effort can be found at this location.

"New Protection" (artwork) was recorded and mixed by Benny Jansson at Zinkens Studio in Stockholm, Sweden and was mastered by Christofer Stannow at Cosmos Mastering.

Check out audio samples at www.myspace.com/ridetheskytheband.

Wow what stupid reason to not continue with a band. My bands been around for over 10 years now and we havent gotten much of anything as far as recognition goes. Even though it is frustrating to not really get anywhere does it really matter? Not really. because we all like making music together and pretty much whatever happens happens. I liked Ride The Sky and all the musicians are great. Uli is one of my influences but I dunno all these bands are in it just for the money. Not that thats a bad thing but most of the time they make crappy albums just to put something out. Most of these guys will be in 5 or 6 other bands that will sound exactly the same as the other which is another thing I dont understand either. Stay with the band your in build it up and take it from there or just go and get another job.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 1:56 pm

Quote :
According to the group, "[Neither] the bandmembers nor record company seem to have the urge to make a second album. There was not much media focus and together with a minor support from the record company, we came to the point where it was just not worth the work to even try to complete a second album."

I'm not familiar with these guys at all, but I can understand their frustration.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Speaking from experience, even on my small level, it takes a LOT of work to make an album. A lot of time, a lot of frustration, a lot of headaches, a lot of scheduling. When you're trying to line up 5 or 6 guys, then have a label putting money behind it, it can be taxing.

If the last one got very little attention (and I think it did), I can see where guys who want to play for a living would see it as not worth it to try and do another one when they can move on to something else. Also, if the label lost money on the last one, they're not going to want to put anything into another one.

As for not having any press, it goes back to my thing about bands promoting themselves...don't rely on the label for all your media. Push the website, talk to zines yourself, push yourselves! If not you, who?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Too bad, as I love New Protection. But, they got to do what's best for them. Their talents will show up elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:05 pm

Too bad, that album is very good!!!
Maybe this will make way for a new Beautiful Sin album. I like them even better
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:08 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Too bad, that album is very good!!!
Maybe this will make way for a new Beautiful Sin album. I like them even better

Nah they'll probably just break up too haha. Either that or Uli Kusch will leave another band. He shouldve stayed in Helloween or better yet Gamma Ray.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:12 pm

He is also in Mekong Delta isn`t he? Like them a lot to...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:27 pm

Olafsto wrote:
He is also in Mekong Delta isn`t he? Like them a lot to...

I think hes in and out.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:14 pm

well that is sad news but if you like their music listen to masterplan!!

Alex

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:31 pm

exact33 wrote:

Alex

exactly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:23 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex
exactly
Yep. Great band, but very similar to Masterplan. No complaints, of course.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:43 pm

I thought on some of the ride the sky songs you could have sworn is was jorn Smile

Alex

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 pm

Spot on! I kept having to remind myself over and over that it wasn't Masterplan and it wasn't Jorn singing. Sounds just like him to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!   Ride The Sky Calls It Quits! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ride The Sky Calls It Quits!
Page 1 of 1