Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 7:50 pm

Monsterland Episodes 4 & 5
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 9:49 pm

Schlock-tober in the houuuuse!

"Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers" (1988)

After four years in the looney bin, Angela's free, and working as a counselor at a new summer camp full of horny teenagers. You can probably guess how well that works out for everyone. In an odd bit of stunt casting, "Angela" is played by Bruce Springsteen's younger sister, Pamela!
Sequel to the '83 slasher shocker is much more tongue-in-cheek than the original, leaning towards horror-comedy territory, but there's still plenty of blood and boobs. It was dumb as a box of rocks, but at least it was entertaining.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 5:16 am

Did the original actress reprise the role sometime in 2010 or so? I'll have to see if I can find the sequels, the first was so bad I imagine the sequels are just as bad (which is good!).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 6:04 am

Bates Motel
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 8:11 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Did the original actress reprise the role sometime in 2010 or so? I'll have to see if I can find the sequels, the first was so bad I imagine the sequels are just as bad (which is good!).

Yea, the original writer/director and the original "Angela" came back for a fourth "SC" which supposedly ignores the events of "2" and "3."

"SC2" and "3" are on Amazon Prime, dunno about the fourth one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 1:20 pm

The Mortuary Collection (2019)

Anthology fun starting Clancy Brown as the dietician storyteller, regaling a potential job applicant of tales of doom and gloom. Four stories in total, with the best one (as usual) saved for last.

Scare Me (2020)

Two strangers swap scary stories during a power outage in a remote mountain cabin. That's pretty much the synopsis for this film, and being a fan of anthology films, decided to watch it. Turns out, that's exactly what this film is, two people literally telling the stories. There were some comedic moments, but it was rather boring and I dozed off a few times during it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Doctor Who - The Ambassadors of Death

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Finally watched some episodes of The Mandalorian
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 3:56 pm

nevermore wrote:
Finally watched some episodes of The Mandalorian

I really liked The Mandalorian. One of the few SW things Disney has not totally jacked up...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 4:02 pm

The Mandalorian is an awesome show.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Still watching "Gotham".  The level of violence on this this show still amazes me.  Repeated episodes that include cannibalism, dismemberment, throat slashing and various other creative ways of killing people.  And a lot of it is not just "implied" but is actually shown on-screen.  I'm just about halfway through season 4; I've seen the first 4 seasons but bailed on the series for season 5 because they kept moving around the starting time.  Plus I felt the show got too bogged down in the "supernatural" aspects of "The Batman" and lost the focus on the villains.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the show ends during its final season.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 pm

Schlock-tober continues!

"The Funhouse" (1981)

Four teens visit a run-down carnival and get locked inside the title attraction after closing time. If that didn't suck badly enough, they soon learn that there's a homicidal, deformed something-or-other in there with them.
Tobe "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" Hooper's stylish but ultimately pretty goofy horror flick sure seemed a lot scarier when I was twelve. Not only is it extremely short on plot, but it takes for-EVER to finally get into gear.
The old fashioned funhouse animatronics and mechanical creatures are way creepier than anything that happens in the actual movie. Sorry, Tobe. For nostalgia junkies only.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 10:46 pm

That one must be pretty bottom of the barrel because even a schlock-fan like me has never heard of or even seen it in video stores back in the day.  And I'm talking the "ma & pa video stores" that normally stocked obscure horror movies not the chains like Blockbuster. I don't recall reading about or ever even seeing that one anywhere.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 11:08 pm

I saw the Funhouse years ago on Showtime or HBO. It was a favorite of mine back in the day. I haven't seen it in ages. I may have to see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 12:42 pm

Schlock-tober continues...

"The Stepfather" (1987)

A teenage girl suspects there's something odd about her Mom's new husband, a seemingly too-perfect man who's obsessed with maintaining old fashioned "family values."
This tight low-budget suspense thriller (with a hint of slasher-flick nastiness) has a great cast that includes Terry O'Quinn ("Lost") as the psycho Dad, Shelley "Charlie's Angels" Hack as the unsuspecting Mom, and '80s scream queen Jill Schoelen as the troubled teen.
Loosely based on the real-life case of New Jersey murderer John List -- who killed his entire family in 1971, relocated to a different state under a new name, and started a new life with a new family. He was finally caught after seventeen years (!) thanks to TV's "America's Most Wanted."
Followed by two sequels (only one of which starred O'Quinn) and a 2009 remake.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 2:01 pm

I liked that movie. Nothing mind blowing, but decent for what it is.

Just watched Back to School staring Rodney Dangerfield. It's funny, with a great cameo from Sam Kinnison.

Now watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Great movie I've seen way too many times.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 2:23 pm

I liked The Stepfather too.  I only saw the first sequel and while it was gorier than the original I didn't like it nearly as much.  I think of that movie every time I hear Camptown Races.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Doctor Who - Inferno
The Terminator

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 6:42 pm

Schlock-tober continues!

"Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland" (1989)

Pamela Springsteen is back for one more round as the perpetually dorky, gender-confused crazed slasher Angela, running around the woods killing off a fresh batch of counselors at yet another summer camp. Pointless and silly.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 10:15 pm

"Terminator: Dark Fate" (2019)

Sarah Connor and a warrior woman from the future team up to protect a young Mexican girl (who as usual is Humanity's Only Hope) from the latest shape shifting Terminator model. Arnold Schwarzenegger turns up as a geriatric prior model "T," lots of things crash and explode, but in spite of all that I was still bored stiff after about an hour.
Stick a fork in the Terminator franchise, it's done. Well, actually it was done at least two movies ago, but maybe they'll get the message now, cuz this one tanked at the box office and lost a metric shit ton of money...
(Do I need to say it?)
AVOID.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 6:23 am

Deadpool II and also season 2 of the Mary Tyler Moore Show
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 6:31 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 10:52 am

Watched two last night. Silent Scream, was one of the first horror movies I saw in the theaters. I was probably ten when I saw this, and it freaked me out. Good movie, for its time.

Then I watched the classic Pumpkinhead. Been so long I had forgotten how much I liked this one. Probably should have saved it for Halloween night, but oh well, still a fun watch.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 11:36 am

Pumpkinhead is great!  A classic monster design. I have a Pumpkinhead "action figure"

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next