Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 9:34 pm

007 wrote:
Death Wish (1974)

Charles Bronson stars as a New York City architect whose wife and daughter are attacked by street thugs (including a young Jeff Goldblum), resulting in the death of his wife and leaving his daughter catatonic. Disillusioned by the rampant crime in the city and the perceived ineffectiveness of the law, Bronson turns vigilante and begins hunting down and killing street criminals, a la the Punisher. A rather interesting (and controversial , at the time) and entertaining film.

Death Wish II (1982)

8 years later and Bronson returns as the architect/vigilante, this time in pursuit of the street gang responsible for the rape and murder of his housekeeper and daughter. Basically a rehash of the first film, with a change in scenery (this time Los Angeles) and now more of a revenge flick, with music provided by Jimmy Page. Still, just as entertaining as the first one.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 12:58 am

Been in isolation at parents house. Watched Mechanic.

No dialog for what 1st ren minutes? Imagine a movie doing that now.

Great Bronson movie!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 6:04 am

Bad Teacher (unrated version)
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 3:30 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 51ptwTSatuL._AC_SY445_

Underrated early 1990s martial arts movie. The fight scenes in this are intense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Seinfeld
Married With Children
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 6:28 pm

My complete set of Married With Children came yesterday so last night I watched the pilot episode.  This show still makes me laugh out loud.  I normally don't like low-brow humor like this but there's something about the acting (especially Al and Peg) that make this show different.  Plus underneath it all I feel like the show has "heart"; it's not just dumb jokes and making fun of Al.    It's like a "guilty pleasure" TV show for me; I should hate it but instead I love it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 7:43 pm

Family Guy
American Dad
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 12:48 pm

The Death of Stalin on Netflix. Pretty decent black comedy, although it could’ve been funnier.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 10:02 pm

"Running Scared" (1986)

Two wise-cracking Chicago cops (Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines) want to retire and head to Florida but first they have to take down a drug dealer (Jimmy Smits) who still holds a long time grudge.
A pretty typical '80s buddy-cop comedy shoot'em up, Crystal and Hines make a great team so this was fun to watch.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 1:45 pm

"Religulous" (2008)

Stand-up comic, talk show host, and noted skeptic Bill Maher takes on the world's need for religion in this sarcastic pseudo-documentary, traveling the world and talking to a variety of people of many major faiths. His conclusion: no matter if it's Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Scientology, or whatever, religion in and of itself is pretty much insane. I doubt that Maher has ever been very popular among the devout, and "Religulous" certainly won't change that, but if you've ever questioned your faith (or anyone else's), it is an interesting, funny (and occasionally frightening) 90 minutes.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 2:15 pm

I'm conflicted with Bill Maher. While I often (but not always) agree with his arguments, he's such a smarmy douche about it that I can't stand him.

Re-watched 'Chasing Amy' last night for the first time in years. Still a classic in the Kevin Smith Askewniverse.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 3:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm conflicted with Bill Maher. While I often (but not always) agree with his arguments, he's such a smarmy douche about it that I can't stand him.

Oddly enough, I'm usualy the same way w/Maher and can only take him in small doses, but this is probably the 3rd time I've watched "Religulous" now.

I guess it's cuz when it comes to this particular subject, his feelings line up pretty well with my own, so I don't notice the smarmy douchiness... (shrugs).

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 9:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Oddly enough, I'm usualy the same way w/Maher and can only take him in small doses, but this is probably the 3rd time I've watched "Religulous" now.

I guess it's cuz when it comes to this particular subject, his feelings line up pretty well with my own, so I don't notice the smarmy douchiness... (shrugs).

I remember liking "Religulous" when it came out. I should revisit it again.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 6:32 am

Started rewatching Scrubs from the beginning
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:17 pm

007 wrote:
Started rewatching Scrubs from the beginning

Sweet! Only 182 episodes to go...
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:21 pm

I just started to watch "Queen Of The South" I think there are 5 seasons. I see some of the actors on here were also in the Narcos shows. Why not! I like it...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Kill Bill Vol 1 and Kill Bill Vol 2
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 5:31 pm

The Cabin in the Woods
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 9:31 am

As I mentioned in another thread, I've recently begun digging into the back catalog of Riot. While checking out some of their old tunes on YouTube, I came across this pretty cool 3--part documentary about them called "Riot: Fight or Fall," which has been a handy crash course in their long and sometimes confusing history.

assault_attack likes this post

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 6:38 pm

Leatherface wrote:
The Cabin in the Woods

I still love that one but it loses its punch after you've seen it once because you know the swerve in the plot.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 1:11 pm

I watched a cool doc on caricaturist Al Hirshfeld the other night on Tubi tv. Aside from his totally awesome line work, the guy was also a great watercolor painter. Neat stuff.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 5:12 pm

Kingpin

assault_attack likes this post

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Since Thursday nights on TV suck I started season 3 of Star Trek (the original) last night.

I've seen ALL of these dozens of times each (except for that giant single-celled organism one from the second season; for some reason that one used to never show up on cable).  

Season 3 starts with one of my favorites, "Spock's Brain".  It's a favorite because the premise is extremely silly, the acting is hilarious (I swear half of the regulars look like they're about to bust out laughing) and the dialog is ridiculous ("BRAIN AND BRAIN!!!  WHAT IS BRAIN?????" the exasperated leader of the females on the planet yells).  The whole episode still makes me smile.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 5:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Uncut Gems

Adding something to my bucket list: to shake Adam Sandler's hand and apologize for every mean thing I've said about him. He is truly an artist. Great movie in a rare case where its flaws improves the story. A solid "A" rating.

I also recommend 'Good Time' by the same directors (brothers, actually). Robert Pattinson plays a Charles Manson-type goon and it works way too well. These guys are worth keeping an eye on.

My buddy told me Uncut Gems is really good but I too have a long standing disliking of Sandler. Still, since I’m still stuck inside, I may give it a go.
 Same here.  I work with a movie geek who insists I need to give Uncut Gems a shot and I keep saying "...but it's Adam Sandler!!!"

Well, I gave 'Uncut Gems' a shot last night and I couldn't take it after 45-50 minutes. Everyone, not just Sandler, is just screaming in every scene. And non-stop f-bombs. Every scene is chaotic noise. It was giving me a headache.

The biggest flaw however is Sandler's character. He's very annoying, non-relatable and not likeable at all. 15 minutes in, and I'm rooting for the bad guys to kick his ass. It's my understanding that he gets his comeuppance by the end, but I don't feel one bit of sympathy for him. He's a degenerate gambler that caused all the problems he has in the film. He got what he deserved.

Hard pass on this one. My disliking of Sandler and his films continue.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 6:45 pm

Thanks for the warning MG.

I'll give that one a pass as well.

On the complete flipside, I see a sequel to "Train To Busan" is about to drop. I'm not sure about this; I thought I was completely burned out on zombie movies but then I saw "TtB" and absolutely loved it because it was emotionally engaging. That movie had some character depth to it. It's hard to tell from just trailers but this sequel doesn't seem to have the same feel. I am intrigued by it though:

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next