Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 10:42 am

"Kiss Kiss, Kill Kill" (1966)

First film in the German "Kommissar X" series of 007 knock-offs, with suave private eye Joe Walker and his police captain buddy Tom Rowland assigned to locate a missing nuclear scientist. The trail eventually leads them to the secret island fortress of a gold-hoarding super-villain (hey, that sounds familiar....) named "Oberon" and his private army of brainwashed, machine-gun toting females.
"Shag-a-delic, baby!"
As usual for these cheap spy flicks, "Kiss Kiss" doesn't have the most coherent story, but there's lots of two-fisted action, gorgeous European scenery, and (of course) plenty of pretty girls. Joe Walker is so cool that he even has his own swingin' theme song! I'm really enjoying this film series, they're silly as hell, but lots of cheesy fun.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 10:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Vivarium" (2019)

A house-hunting young couple (Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots) take a tour of a seemingly tranquil suburban development called "Yonder," and soon find themselves trapped and alone inside the seemingly endless labyrinth of identical houses, unable to find their way out.

...and then it gets even WEIRDER, but to say more would ruin this truly strange, artsy, surreal sci-fi/horror hybrid that has a heavy "Twilight Zone" feel.

"Vivarium" is not so much scary as it is unsettling. Stuff like this is not usually my kind of meat but it hooked me from the get-go and kept my interest throughout. Worth a look if you're in the mood for something out of the ordinary.

tohostudios wrote:
And I just discovered I can watch "Vivarium" anytime I want for free with Prime so guess what's up next.

I watched it last night. I wasn't too impressed with it. It was ok but a bit too weird for my tastes I guess.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 11:39 am

007 wrote:

I watched it last night. I wasn't too impressed with it. It was ok but a bit too weird for my tastes I guess.

I understand, it's definitely a "Your Mileage May Vary" kind of movie.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 11:50 am

mikeinfla wrote:
If you're a fan of classic video games:

I've watched all but the last episode. Good show, brings back lots of memories.

I just watched Trolls 2 last night. Jesus, what a terrible movie lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 am

^^ I have been meaning to revisit "Troll 2" believe it or not. A couple of weeks ago I saw the documentary "Best Worst Movie," which was made by the now-grown child actor who played the son in the movie, tracking down his former co-stars and going on a horror convention tour.
If memory serves, I never made it all the way through "Troll 2" when I first watched it on HBO back in the day, but seeing that doc made me want to give it another spin. Haha!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 7:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

I understand, it's definitely a "Your Mileage May Vary" kind of movie.

Now I HAVE to see this one! Any movie straddling the line between good and weird is usually in my wheelhouse. But who knows when I'll actually see it now that the Cardinals are back in action.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 9:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Now I HAVE to see this one!  Any movie straddling the line between good and weird is usually in my wheelhouse.  But who knows when I'll actually see it now that the Cardinals are back in action.

By any chance, have you ever seen "Rubber" (the movie about the killer car tire with psychic powers)? That was the last movie I saw that gave me that weird, odd ball "what-the-fuck-am-I-watching" kind of feeling. The diff is I didn't really like "Rubber," which ended up feeling like an elaborate practical joke on the audience, but I liked "Vivarium."

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 3:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ I have been meaning to revisit "Troll 2" believe it or not. A couple of weeks ago I saw the documentary "Best Worst Movie," which was made by the now-grown child actor who played the son in the movie, tracking down his former co-stars and going on a horror convention tour.
If memory serves, I never made it all the way through "Troll 2"  when I first watched it on HBO back in the day, but seeing that doc made me want to give it another spin. Haha!

It was hard to finish, but I watched the whole thing. It's absolutely terrible, the acting, the story, the trolls, everything about it us just plain bad. Worth the watch though, because it was funny, but I'd rather watch it if Mystery Science Theater did it.

Pretty sure I saw that documentary also, which is kind of what put it on my radar. Ultimately it was something I saw on YouTube that made me take the plunge and watch it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 6:25 am

Finished up the second season of NOS4A2
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Finally got around to watching Saturday The 14th on Prime. First time I have seen it since I was a kid. It's as lame as ever!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Now I HAVE to see this one!  Any movie straddling the line between good and weird is usually in my wheelhouse.  But who knows when I'll actually see it now that the Cardinals are back in action.

By any chance, have you ever seen "Rubber" (the movie about the killer car tire with psychic powers)? That was the last movie I saw that gave me that weird, odd ball "what-the-fuck-am-I-watching" kind of feeling. The diff is I didn't really like "Rubber," which ended up feeling like an elaborate practical joke on the audience, but I liked "Vivarium."

I haven't seen "Rubber" but I know about it. I read so many negative reviews that I never gave it a shot. Sounds like that was the proper call.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2020 9:50 pm

Quote :

I haven't seen "Rubber" but I know about it.  I read so many negative reviews that I never gave it a shot.  Sounds like that was the proper call.

I watched it a few years ago cuz my kids saw the trailer on YouTube and thought it looked "hilarious," and my curiosity got the better of me. My Film Watcher's O.C.D. (which will not allow me to bail out on a movie no matter HOW bad) was the only thing that kept me watching till the end.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2020 2:27 am

VHS(2012)-a gang of thugs are hired to break into a house to find a particular video tape.  While sifting through and watching the tapes, they discover the videos show strange events that include an encounter with a vampire, a couple being stalked by a strange woman and a story of demonic possession.  This flick is both a mixture of both the "found footage" style and an anthology, made up of several different stories.  Overall, I found this one to be at least worth a watch.  At nearly two hours, it is a little too long for it's own good and some of the stories are a little weak and muddled.  Followed by two sequels.  2/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2020 11:40 am

"The Unholy" (1988)

A Catholic priest (Ben Cross) with a troubled past is assigned to re-open a run-down parish in New Orleans, and proceeds to do battle with the seductive demonic force that killed his two predecessors.
A throwback to the "devil" movies of the '70s (think "The Exorcist" or "The Omen," updated with lots of flashy '80s music-video lighting and dry ice), featuring the always dependable Hal Holbrook and Ned Beatty in supporting roles. It's got some splashy gore and some hilariously cheesy creature effects, but in the end "The Unholy" was an entertaining slab of '80s B-horror.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2020 6:20 pm

Married With Children
The Andy Griffith Show
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 1:03 pm

On Netflix, worth a look if you're bored

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Married With Children - more episodes from Season 1

Man, even all these year later this show still occasionally makes me laugh out loud.  The dynamic between Al and Peg is priceless and when next door neighbors Marcy and Steve interfere hilarity inevitably ensues. 

Right now I'm watching these on the rare Cardinal off-days or when they play day games but Married With Children will be my main "go-to" during the winter - especially if football is canceled.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 2:46 pm

"Friday the 13th: Vengeance" (2019)

30 years after the events of "Jason Lives," a now-grown Tommy Jarvis has gone missing in the woods around Camp Crystal Lake, prompting his teenage daughters to mount a search mission. Of course, a certain hockey masked maniac will eventually crash their party, but he's not the *only* Voorhees family member out there causing mayhem...

This elaborate feature length "fan film" (funded via Kickstarter and viewable for free on YouTube) suffers from a few scripting issues (there are enough characters and sub plots in this thing to fill three movies, so it gets a bit muddled by the three quarter mark) and the acting is amateur night at best, but otherwise this is a fairly impressive production, with lots of gory kills and an all around professional look.

Since the future of the "real" F13 franchise is currently held up in copyright court, fan films like this and "Never Hike Alone" are doing a nice job of filling the void. Apparently a sequel to "Vengeance" is already in the works. I say "bring it on."

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 9:50 pm

^^^^ Huh. This is the first I ever heard of this. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 11:47 am

007 wrote:
^^^^  Huh. This is the first I ever heard of this. Interesting.

There are quite a few of these "fan films" on YouTube... not only Friday the 13th, but lots of other characters/franchises too.

Most of them are cheap junk, of course, but occasionally one comes along that was done by people who actually know something about film making, like this one. It's not perfect, but for a D.I.Y. production it's surprisingly watchable. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 2:45 pm

I enjoy the fan made Star Trek stuff. Some of it is pretty bad but Star Trek Continues was well done on having no budget.

https://www.youtube.com/user/StarTrekContinues

There's a link to their page. CBS/Viacom shut them down with a bunch of stupid new rules concerning Star Trek fanmade films.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 9:44 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I enjoy the fan made Star Trek stuff. Some of it is pretty bad but Star Trek Continues was well done on having no budget.

https://www.youtube.com/user/StarTrekContinues

There's a link to their page. CBS/Viacom shut them down with a bunch of stupid new rules concerning Star Trek fanmade films.

I've seen a few Star Wars ones, some good, some...not, but it never occurred to me that other film franchises would have them too. Pretty neat if you have the time and means.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 3:05 pm

Coach
Becker
News Radio
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 3:08 pm

Started The Rain on Netflix. Not great but ok. I keep watching. Has 3 seasons.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 3:08 pm

Started The Rain on Netflix. Not great but ok. I keep watching. Has 3 seasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next