Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
nevermore
mlotek
Witchfinder
akeldama
Hadley
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Required Fields
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 6:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Vince's pettiness is almost amazing.  How old is he?  He acts like he's 15.

He definitely has a immature personality. Sometimes he’s funny though... like that clip when he’s yelling while Droz was trying to puke in his office. HE’s GONNA PUKE! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 4:01 pm

Huge roster cut today:

WWE Superstars and Personnel Released Amid Coronavirus Cutbacks (Update)

Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Lio Rush
EC3
Drake Maverick
Eric Young
Heath Slater
Curt Hawkins
Kurt Angle
Aiden English
Billy Kidman
Mike Rotunda
Pat Buck
Fit Finlay
Shawn Daivari
Scott Armstrong
Sarah Stock
Shane Helms
Lance Storm
Sarah Logan
Mike Chioda
Primo
Epico
Erick Rowan
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Most of those cuts don't surprise me; I didn't even know some of those guys were still on the roster (Mike Rotunda?  Lance Storm?  Billy Kidman?).

But Gallows and Anderson sort of does.  Granted they've been used mostly as jobbers recently but you just KNOW AEW will give them a look.  And Erick Rowan???  I guess that stupid "thing in a cage" gimmick that turned out to be the worst mechanical spider I've ever seen signed his termination papers.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Rusev is also gone. Probably for the best, he's too good to be wasted like he has.

The spider thing wasn't really Rowan's fault. He was stuck with an angle that had no endgame and did the best he could with it.

Quite a few of them will be alright, but many are going to have a hard time. There's a video message from Drake Maverick where he seems really shook up about the ordeal. Gotta feel for them.

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 10:24 pm

Oh, I know it wasn't Rowan's fault.  Poor guy was saddled with lame gimmicks for almost his entire WWE career.  The Bludgeon Brothers?  Puhleeeeze...that stupid cage gimmick was just the final straw.  The only time he had a useful gimmick was when he was part of Bray Wyatt's crew and we all know how that ended up. 

Rowan deserves better and hopefully he finds it elsewhere.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 11:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Oh, I know it wasn't Rowan's fault.  Poor guy was saddled with lame gimmicks for almost his entire WWE career.  The Bludgeon Brothers?  Puhleeeeze...that stupid cage gimmick was just the final straw.  The only time he had a useful gimmick was when he was part of Bray Wyatt's crew and we all know how that ended up. 

Exactly, from where he started to where he's become? He has improved greatly. Maybe go to AEW. I know they need to pad their rosters with big guys to balance out all the smaller guys they have. Lance Archer, Brodie, and Luchasaurus are the only ones they have right now. Also with everything going on, Japan is not a viable choice at this moment.

Speaking of AEW, I have a feeling they will pick up Rusev. Almost a guarantee at some point.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 5:13 am

I guess WWE had to justify paying the state of Florida 18.5 million dollars. Roster cuts, exec. pay cuts etc. Lame of the Gov of Florida to deem wrestling essential but I am sure 18 mil had something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 10:46 am

Man, the greatest has left the building. RIP Fink.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 10:56 am

RIP to the great ring announcer. I wonder how many matches he announced over the years?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 6:27 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Exactly, from where he started to where he's become? He has improved greatly. Maybe go to AEW. I know they need to pad their rosters with big guys to balance out all the smaller guys they have. Lance Archer, Brodie, and Luchasaurus are the only ones they have right now. Also with everything going on, Japan is not a viable choice at this moment.

Speaking of AEW, I have a feeling they will pick up Rusev. Almost a guarantee at some point.

I saw that Archer guy for the first time last night.  I had to look him up when Schiavone said he'd been in wrestling for 20 years.  I was like "He has?  I never even heard or read about the guy".  I will say he does seem to have "the look".  He's big, muscular but lean at the same time and those red braids make him stand out.  Now I wonder if he can talk.  If he can show some personality on the mic AEW should push him to the hilt.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 8:46 pm

First off, sad to hear the passing of the Fink.
R.I.P.

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I saw that Archer guy for the first time last night.  I had to look him up when Schiavone said he'd been in wrestling for 20 years.  I was like "He has?  I never even heard or read about the guy".  I will say he does seem to have "the look".  He's big, muscular but lean at the same time and those red braids make him stand out.  Now I wonder if he can talk.  If he can show some personality on the mic AEW should push him to the hilt.

Four years into his career, he was part of the early days of TNA as the bodyguard of Kid Cash, Dallas. Cash was suspended and he then went under his real name Lance Hoyt and was part of several different groups. He then went to WWE under the FCW banner and eventually the ECW in name only brand as Vance Archer. After that abomination ended he went to Smackdown in a team with Curt Hawkins. Since then he worked for various Japanese promotions as a monster heel. That of course is what brought him to AEW.

I too don't remember him, though the name Vance Archer somewhat rings a bell.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 8:54 pm

I like Archer already after only seeing him one time.

I just hope he has a few mic skills.  If so, his career should skyrocket.  If not, pair him up with Jake The Snake as his manager.  Either way I see a lot of potential in this guy; don't screw it up AEW.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 9:10 pm

Watching Smackdown.

That was some great mic work by Sonya Deville after she "revealed her true self" talking to Mandy Rose.  She was pretty intense and should talk more; I had no idea she was that good on the mic.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 6:40 pm

Sonya did good. It's been know for a while now that she's the talented one, Mandy is just "eye candy". I put that in quotes because I think her looks are highly overrated and plastic looking.

Just thought of something funny in regards to my current avatar. How will Mick Foley be able to wear a face mask? Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 6:56 pm

I knew Sonya could do some stuff in the ring because she's got an MMA background but I had no idea she had any mic skills.  And I agree with you about Mandy.  She actually doesn't do much for me personally because she looks so fake and even the fake is kinda "meh" IMO.  I mean she's attractive enough but nothing I can't see practically anywhere.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 8:05 am

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 8:31 pm

I've come to the conclusion that I like the way AEW is handling this "no live audience" situation.

I'm watching Smackdown which like Raw and NXT is coming from the WWE facility in FL and like those shows there's absolutely no one around the ring.  At least AEW gathers the heels and faces on opposite sides of the ring and each side "cheers on" their respective wrestlers.  That at least lends some semblance of normalcy to the proceedings.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 2:08 am

tohostudios wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that I like the way AEW is handling this "no live audience" situation.

I'm watching Smackdown which like Raw and NXT is coming from the WWE facility in FL and like those shows there's absolutely no one around the ring.  At least AEW gathers the heels and faces on opposite sides of the ring and each side "cheers on" their respective wrestlers.  That at least lends some semblance of normalcy to the proceedings.

You're not alone my friend! Also having the announce team of Skiavone and Jericho doesn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 8:53 am

Love how Jericho calls him "Ski-uh-vone".
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 1:25 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Love how Jericho calls him "Ski-uh-vone".

I know! Since then I've been referring to him like that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 5:56 pm

Jericho is simply one of the most gifted talkers the wrestling industry has ever seen.

How many "catch phrases" has he come up with?

One of my favorites used the be the way he'd say the word "again".  "None of you will ever...EVUH...be the same A-GAAAAAANE!"

How about " Raw...IS...JERICHO!!!!!"

Or "The List Of Jericho".

Remember when he even made a catch phrase out of the word "it".  "You better watch it!"  "Watch what???"  "IT!!!!"

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 6:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Jericho is simply one of the most gifted talkers the wrestling industry has ever seen.

How many "catch phrases" has he come up with?

One of my favorites used the be the way he'd say the word "again".  "None of you will ever...EVUH...be the same A-GAAAAAANE!"

How about " Raw...IS...JERICHO!!!!!"

Or "The List Of Jericho".

Remember when he even made a catch phrase out of the word "it".  "You better watch it!"  "Watch what???"  "IT!!!!"

Jerichoholic since 1997! He's always been a favorite of mine and has never failed to entertain. Ever since the original list of Jericho. "Number 2... ARMBAR!"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 8:16 pm

It's definitely a talent.  How many guys have we seen who can actually wrestle but need a "mouthpiece" because their mic skills are so bad (I'm looking at you Lesnar!).

Jericho is the entire package.  He doesn't only have great mic skills but he can wrestle his ass off.  Or at least he used to be able to; gimme a break that guy is almost 50 now but he can sure as hell still talk.

I definitely like him better as a heel though.  The in-ring action doesn't vary much with him either way but his mic skills are waaaay better suited to heel-mode.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 9:35 pm

I'm watching RAW tonight and Samoa Joe is back on commentary.

I don't know if his in-ring career with WWE is over or if he's still rehabbing an injury but he sure is good at the commentary gig.  '

If he's done as a wrestler WWE needs to keep using him on commentary IMO.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 3:20 am

Yeah, he is the only person they put on commentary that is worth a damn really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 16 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: