Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
nevermore
mlotek
Witchfinder
akeldama
Hadley
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Required Fields
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2023 3:10 pm

Never heard of him.

R.I.P. regardless
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2023 6:24 pm

WWE Hall of Famer Terry Funk has passed away at the age of 79.

Details on Funk’s passing are not available as of this writing, but Funk’s longtime friends and rivals, WWE Hall of Famers Ric Flair and Mick Foley, took to Twitter this afternoon to announce the unfortunate news.

“In My Entire Life, I’ve Never Met A Guy Who Worked Harder. Terry Funk Was A Great Wrestler, Entertainer, Unbelievably Fearless, And A Great Friend! Rest In Peace My Friend Terry Funk Knowing That No One Will Ever Replace You In The World Of Professional Wrestling! [folded hands emoji 3x],” Flair wrote.

Foley confirmed the passing after speaking with Funk’s daughter.

“Terry Funk is gone. I just talked to Terry’s daughter, Brandee, who gave me the awful news. He was my mentor, my idol, one of the closest friends. He was the greatest wrestler I ever saw. If you get the chance, look up a Terry Funk match or a Terry Funk promo, and give thanks that this incredible man gave so much, for so long, to so many. There will never be another like him. May God bless Terry, his friends, family and all who loved him. RIP my dear friend – it was an honor to know you. #RIPTerryFunk,” Foley wrote.

Funk began his professional wrestling career in 1965, and had significant runs with WWE, WCW, ECW, the NWA, AJPW, and many others. Funk pioneered the hardcore style of wrestling and is seen by many as one of the greatest pro wrestlers of all-time. Funk’s career included several short-lived retirements, and he famously stated that he will never truly retire. He last wrestled in 2014, but retired for good in 2017.

Funk was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2009, the WCW Hall of Fame in 1995, the St. Louis Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2010, the Stampede Wrestling Hall of Fame in 1995, the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2004, the Hardcore Hall of Fame in 2005, the International Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2021, the George Tragos/Lou Thesz Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2010, and the NWA Hall of Fame in 2009. Funk held numerous titles in his career, including the ECW World Heavyweight Title on two occasions, the ECW Television Title, the NWA World Heavyweight Title, the NWA/WCW United States Heavyweight Title on two occasions, the WCW Hardcore Title on three occasions, and the WWE Tag Team Titles, among many others.

There’s no word yet on Funk’s cause of death, but he has battled dementia since at least 2021. There were other health issues that Funk dealt with in recent years, some of which reportedly got progressively worse in the wake of the passing of his wife Vickie in March 2019.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2023 7:01 pm

Bray Wyatt has passed away at the age of 36.

WWE Chief Content Officer Triple H announced this afternoon that Wyatt passed away unexpectedly earlier today. Triple H received the tragic news from Wyatt’s father, WWE Legend Mike Rotunda.

“Just received a call from WWE Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda who informed us of the tragic news that our WWE family member for life Windham Rotunda – also known as Bray Wyatt – unexpectedly passed earlier today. Our thoughts are with his family and we ask that everyone respect their privacy at this time,” Triple H wrote.

There’s no word yet on Wyatt’s cause of death. He has been away from WWE since being pulled from WrestleMania 39 plans back in the Spring. It was reported that Wyatt was dealing with a physical issue, and that he and the company were being cautious before bringing him back. It was rumored this Summer that Wyatt was “very close” to returning, and then it was reported earlier this month that Wyatt had been recovering from a significant illness, and that he was finally getting “closer” to being medically cleared to compete. The early August report also stated that Wyatt’s illness was both career-threatening and life-threatening, but Wyatt had significantly improved. Wyatt and WWE officials reportedly worked closely on taking extra precautions to make sure that his long-term health was accounted for. Sources close to Wyatt noted then that he was getting closer to being cleared, so close that there were some creative ideas pitched for his return. It was indicated by one source that some ideas were mentioned for a potential September return, but it was reiterated that the target date meant nothing if Wyatt didn’t get the clearance from doctors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 10:39 pm

R.I.P. Terry Funk

He was a real life badass. One of the greatest wrestlers, and his role on the movie Road House was memorable.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2023 9:20 am

R.I.P. Terry Funk and Bray Wyatt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2023 12:28 pm

Former female WWE wrestler “Sunny” sentenced to 17 years in prison.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/11/former-wwe-wrestling-hall-famer-sentenced-17-years/
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2023 12:48 pm

Hard to believe this is the Sunny now :

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 6b1aa756-af63-4d50-8de1-0ea06a38dd50-SYTCH_HEARING01

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2024 8:40 am

R.I.P.   Ole Anderson, a legend

Alan Rogowski, better known in the wrestling world as Ole Anderson, has died at age 81. Rogowski had an expansive legacy in the wrestling industry but is best known as one of the members of the original Four Horsemen faction. Friends and family members shared the news of Rogowski's passing on Monday.

Rogowski became one of the "Anderson Family" and teamed with his storyline brother Gene Anderson as The Minnesota Wrecking Crew in 1968 after Lars Anderson left the team. Rogowski and Anderson won numerous tag titles, with Rogowski also picking up tag team title wins with Lars Anderson as he was brought back to the team on occasion.

Rogowski would eventually form a new version of The Minnesota Wrecking Crew with Arn Anderson. The pair were again a dominant force before being paired with Ric Flair and Tully Blanchard -- along with manager J. J. Dillon -- as The Four Horsemen in 1986.

The Horsemen became one of the most legendary groups in wrestling history, dominating Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling and, eventually, World Championship Wrestling.

Rogowski retired from wrestling in 1987, but would return to reform the group -- this time with Arn Anderson, Flair and Sting -- in 1989. He would retire again shortly after, serving as the group's manager.

Rogowski would take over the role of head of the WCW booking committee in 1990, spearheading many famous angles while also pitching a few infamous ideas like The Black Scorpion. Rogowski also voiced The Shockmaster, who tripped and fell while bursting through a wall in one of wrestling's most famous bloopers, a moment that completely sank a character who was supposed to be a major player in WCW. Rogowski had lengthy stints as the head of WCW's creative, and was often an unpopular figure backstage.

Perhaps nothing speaks to Rogowski's ability to get under the crowd's skin like the night of May 24, 1976. After leaving the ring following a failed bid to regain the NWA tag team titles while partnering with Gene Anderson, a fan stabbed Rogowski in the arm and chest with a knife, requiring Rogowski to undergo surgery to repair severed tendons.

In true pro wrestling fashion, Rogowski would use a cast following the surgery as a weapon, even using the cast to hit Wahoo McDaniel and cost McDaniel a Mid-Atlantic title match against Flair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 26 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: