Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
nevermore
mlotek
Witchfinder
akeldama
Hadley
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Required Fields
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 7:31 pm

Holy crap!  Zack Ryder won that match?????

I totally forgot that which tells you one of two things 1) Ryder is completely forgettable as a wrestler and/or 2) the Intercontinental Title means virtually nothing.

I vote for 1 and 2.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 6:11 am

I forgot about ESPN showing that. Wanted to watch it... Yeah, I remember Zack winning the IC belt but he didn't keep it very long.

Brock Lesnar was not in a pleasent mood at this weeks WrestleMania 36 tapings as he let WWE Chairman Vince McMahon hear an earful during WrestleMania 36 tapings at the Performance Center. ‬

‪He was not happy with Vince McMahon for making everyone attend tapings and moving forward with WrestleMania 36 and not postponing the show. ‬

‪Brock felt that it was greed that is the driving force behind this years WrestleMania and that Vince McMahon came off as not caring for everyone’s health. ‬

‪He informed WWE Production that he wanted to film his match with Drew McIntyre and go immediately home. WWE Officials tried to explain that a strict filming schedule was in place and that he would have to wait his turn in line. At that point Lesnar immediately searched out for Vince McMahon who at the time was meeting with other key WWE Officials and demanded to film his match earlier, Brock also let Vince McMahon know (vulgar language included) what he thinks of him making everyone come in and tape the show. ‬
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 7:49 am

So WM isn't even live this year? And Vince still expects people to pay for it? Sheesh; he's the Gene Simmons of pro wrestling.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 1:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
So WM isn't even live this year?  And Vince still expects people to pay for it?  Sheesh; he's the Gene Simmons of pro wrestling.

Then HHH came out and made some bullshit statement that the reason Wrestlemania wasn't cancelled/postponed was because, "In these times we need entertainment. WWE is about putting smiles on people's faces and that is needed now more than ever."

If WWE's purpose is to put smiles on people's faces, how do they explain all the shitty storylines and ridiculous booking all these years?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 2:40 pm

Oh, they also aren't reducing the price:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/03/update-on-the-ppv-price-for-wrestlemania-36-668544/

As I said, if I didn't have the network, I wouldn't bother with it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 6:43 pm

Yeah if they REALLY wanted to "put smiles on people's faces" they'd put the damn thing on ESPN (with whom they obviously have a relationship and I'm sure ESPN would pay WWE something for it as they're desperate for programming).  In fact the more I think about it I bet WWE could get more money out of ESPN than they'll get trying to sell PPVs.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 6:35 am

Anyone catch Dark Side Of The Ring? First episodes was on Benoit and it was pretty good. I had the second episode on DVR and watched it last night. Even my wife sat thru it and she doesn't watch wrestling. It was about New Jack. Man, what a CRAZY dude. I vaguely remember him from his time in Smoky Mountain Wrestling (I grew up in Knoxville and it was on TV there and I watched it and thought the Gangstas were crazy). Talk about generating some heat. I never knew what happened to him after SMW because I did not ever watch ECW. They discussed the Mass Transit incident in detail and showed footage of the match. Some crazy, crazy stuff. They had crazy footage of a match with him and Vic Grimes (I think) where he threw Grimes off a high scaffold. He said while they were up there Grimes told him "I can't do this man, I can't do this". New jack threw him off the top and he came ONE FOOT from missing the ring! New Jack even admitted he did it to hurt him and after the match he said "We are even!" because Grimes previously hurt him in a match.

Then they had footage from this match where New Jack goes up against a 72 year old known for "no selling" and he almost killed the old dude! He said the old guy legitimately headbutted him in the nose and that's when he started fighting back for real. If you dont want to watch the whole thing FF to about 3:35 and that's when it starts to get out of control. From Wiki: In April 2003, New Jack was in a memorable hardcore match with longtime wrestler Gypsy Joe. Joe was continuously no-selling New Jack. New Jack also states on a shoot interview that Joe headbutted him in the nose. This caused New Jack to legitimately attack the sexagenarian with a chain, a framed picture of his aunt, a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire, and several other weapons. Before the match Jack met Gypsy Joe and went to the booker of the show and asked exactly what he was supposed to do with Joe. Jack was told "Gypsy Joe is as tough as leather", and Jack replied that he was not going to lose dollar value from this match and will not have either a comedy, or a gimmick match, and told the booker he will kill Gypsy Joe in this hardcore match.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 6:36 am

here is the Vic Grimes footage. New Jack brought a stun gun with him and did not tell Grimes about it. He shocks him with it then throws him off the top.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 9:58 am

That incident with untrained, 17 year old Eric Kulas was absolutely insane. I followed ECW for a long time so I remember all Nu Jack's infamous incidents there.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 10:49 am

There is home video of the Mass Transit incident on youtube, man that was hard to watch too. Really looking forward to the stories coming up on Dark Side about Dino Bravo and Owen Hart.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 11:40 am

New Jack should be in prison. He's obviously a sociopath.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Yeah he's definitely nuts but at least in the Kulas incident if you read the details of the trial(s) all the witnesses said A) Kulas asked Nu Jack to blade him because Kulas had never done it before (duh, he was an untrained, 17 year old wrestling fan) and B) several witnesses said Kulas was really arrogant backstage; like he was a seasoned professional.

Not that any of that is an excuse for Nu Jack using a surgical scalpel to sever two arteries in the kid's head but it could be possible that it was an accident as opposed to some kind of pre-meditated, malicious act.  Possible at least but with Nu Jack's track record only he knows for sure (especially since Kulas has since passed away). 

But the guy has definitely pulled enough other sociopathic acts that I agree, he should be in jail.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 8:51 pm

I've always thought New Jack was a garbage human being and never paid him much attention.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 3:04 pm

I watched Wrestlemania and let me tell you something. Was it the best WM? As Balki said on Perfect Strangers, "Of course not, don't be ridiculous." Was it the worst? Well believe it or not... no!

The Boneyard match was filmed like the final fight scene in a dark action movie and if you can tear yourself away from reality, it was very entertaining.

The Firefly Funhouse match wasn't really a match, but an extended Firefly Funhouse episode with John Cena involved showcasing his career and insecurities. Hard to explain, hopefully there is the full segment available for you guys to see it. It will probably confuse the casuals, but those of us who have immersed ourselves in WWE any time in the last decade will get it. Another pleasant surprise.

The other highlight was Orton vs. Edge. It went on a bit too long but both guys did some brutal and painful spots and really gave it their all as they brawled throughout the Performance Center. There was only spot that was not a good idea to do and was not well thought out. Orton wrapped Edge in a weight machine to hang him. If you remember, that is how Benoit killed his family. Apart from that it was well done.

The ladder match was not a triple threat tag match as advertised. It was one Uso, Kofi, and Morrison only. It was a real good ladder match. Not the best, but all three did a very good job. The end came when both guys had a hold of the tag titles in a tug of war. Kofi and the Uso both headbutted Morrison to get him to let go but instead he fell down with both titles in his hand. Miz and Morrison are still tag champs.

Niki and Bliss are the new women's tag champs. Fairly basic tag match, nothing to write home about.

Despite teasing some dissension between Bayley and Sasha after Bayley accidently got Sasha eliminated, Sasha saved Bayley by attacking Lacey to eliminate her. Thus Bayley is still champ. Oh and surprise surprise, Tamina was eliminated first. Remember how she debuted with the Usos? Boy have their paths diverged!

Charlotte vs. Ripley was decent but once again Charlotte is giving an unnecessary win. Time for her to bury the NXT's women's division.

Lashley vs. Black saw Lashely run for the spear only to get hit with the Black Mass. Oh, and Lana is back in his corner. An unnecessary match, but not a total stink fest.

Zayne is still the IC champion as Cesaro and Nakamura were too much for DB and Gulak to overcome.

Street Prophets beat the temporary NXT call ups in a by the numbers match. Zelena helped her men attack them in a post-match beatdown until Bianca Belair made the save (she's married to one of the Prophets).

Rollins vs. Owens was good and saw an insane elbow drop from a Wrestlemania sign onto the announce table. Basically he pulled a Shane McMahon. Owens of course won.

Goldberg vs. Braun was basically Goldberg doing many spears, going for the jackhammer and getting it reversed into a powerslam. Braun did some more power slams and won the title he should have gotten over a year ago. I was afraid they would give it to Goldberg but they made the right decision even if it wasn't a boring .

Another right decision was made with the other world title as Drew became the first UK WWE world champion ever. The match was much like Goldberg vs. Braun with both men hitting multiple finishers.

The only thing that was complete crap was the stuff with that Gronk dumbass. Him and Mojo got annoying real fast. Oh and Gronk is the new 24/7-eleven 90210 867-5309 C3-PO champion (my best R-Truth impression).
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 3:16 pm

Someone posted the full Cena/Wyatt match on YouTube this morning but it has already been pulled. Interesting, but not really a match. Also saw highlights of the Brock/Drew match.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 3:19 pm

From what I read Goldberg wanted to postpone the match as he agreed to drop the belt to Roman and not Braun. He wanted to wait until Summer Slam but WWE told him no, so Braun will be a transition champ until Roman beats him later I guess.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 6:13 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Someone posted the full Cena/Wyatt match on YouTube this morning but it has already been pulled. Interesting, but not really a match. Also saw highlights of the Brock/Drew match.

Yeah, not at all a match, but very well done. At first I didn't know what to think until I realized the symbolism behind everything.

Goldberg should have known that wasn't going to fly. Summerslam is too far away for him to hold the title hostage. Also, obviously Braun is transitional. He would have been even had they given him the title last year. Besides, Braun vs. Roman will probably be a better match. Than Roman vs. Goldberg would have been. I was a Goldberg fan back in the day but now he has no place on the roster. Still pissed they put him over The Fiend. Wouldn't have been so bad had they salvaged it somehow. I thought the best way was to show that Fiend really doesn't care about titles or people who haven't wronged Bray in the past. Instead they just glossed over it and set up Cena vs. The Fiend.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 7:42 pm

So basically I didn't miss much.  The title changes were pretty predictable. 

I guess the only one that surprises me was Bayley retaining.  I thought Sasha would win.  But that's OK; unlike the "Mittface" face version of Bayley that I hated I sort of like the heel version.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 10:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
So basically I didn't miss much.  The title changes were pretty predictable. 

I guess the only one that surprises me was Bayley retaining.  I thought Sasha would win.  But that's OK; unlike the "Mittface" face version of Bayley that I hated I sort of like the heel version.

The only thing that was truly worth seeing was the Boneyard match and the Firefly Funhouse "Match". Interesting thing about the Boneyard match was that it took 8 hours of filming.

Also credit to the wrestlers, they really gave it their all despite no crowds. Everybody gave it their all, I can't think of anyone who truly phoned it in. Except Brock and Goldberg of course, that should go without saying.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 2:24 pm

Another great episode of Dark Side Of The Ring. This one was about Brawl For All. I had never heard of that because at the time I did not have cable and didn't watch any wrestling. Interesting show and comments from Russo, Cornette, JR and more.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 2:52 pm

The Brawl For All episode is great! I had no idea that Bart Gunn was screwed over like that...

Jim Cornette seems to be an intense dude. I think he looks like a cross between Tom Arnold and Henry Rollins.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 4:04 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The Brawl For All episode is great! I had no idea that Bart Gunn was screwed over like that...

Jim Cornette seems to be an intense dude. I think he looks like a cross between Tom Arnold and Henry Rollins.

He sure was (Bart)! I believe he was put in the match with Butterbean to bury him. He had no business going up against Butterbean.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 8:16 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

He sure was (Bart)! I believe he was put in the match with Butterbean to bury him. He had no business going up against Butterbean.

That is exactly what happened. They really wanted Dr. Death to be the winner but he went and got knocked out by Bart. The Butterbean fight was just another example of WWF/E's pettiness.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 5:41 pm

It’s almost like they hustled Bart Gunn. They let him feel good about kicking everyone’s ass, and then they brought in this huge power puncher guy Butterbean to knock him into reality.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 5:53 pm

Vince's pettiness is almost amazing.  How old is he?  He acts like he's 15.

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 15 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: