Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
nevermore
mlotek
Witchfinder
akeldama
Hadley
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Required Fields
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 8:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
No you don't.  Frankly the current state of pro wrestling totally sucks.

I know. This is one of the reasons why i stopped watching.

WWF was very popular in my part of the world, back in the day.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 8:37 pm

By accident last night I caught the ESPN "30 For 30" movie that chronicled the career of Ric Flair.  It contained a TON of old footage from his WCW days as well as early footage from his WWE days and that just drove home how bland and boring pro wrestling is now.  Man, that WCW footage was golden!. And it's not just because I'm older now and know it's all fake; the storylines and action then were both just so much better.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 6:52 pm

Interesting:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aew-signed-8-yearold-brodie-lee-jr-to-a-contract-before-his-fathers-death-211219851.html

Who knows? A lot of wrestlers' kids follow in the footsteps of their parents and become as big a star or even bigger than their parents.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 11:41 am

Man, I was very disappointed i missed AEW this week. For some reason my DVR did not record it. Things are picking up around there with Anderson and Gallows showing up.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 9:58 pm

I'm watching Smackdown because there's no baseball or football on TV (basically the same reason I watch RAW all winter) and Smackdown still sucks.

The in-ring action is decent enough but the story writing still sucks. I mean Adam Pierce randomly thrown into a gauntlet match. Why? All so Reigns could set it up so Pierce "wins" the opportunity to face Reigns. Stupid.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 6:51 pm

I found this Yahoo story about Kenny Omega and what he's actually doing with AEW.

I thought this was pretty interesting:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ae-ws-kenny-omega-is-hoping-to-change-the-world-of-pro-wrestling-211554435.html

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18940

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 1:20 pm

Wrestling legend Butch Reed has passed away at the age of 66.
Reed’s official Instagram account announced this morning that the former WCW World Tag Team Champion passed away today due to heart complications.
“To everyone who reached out god bless you. Today we lost a great man. Due to heart complications Bruce ‘Butch’ Reed passed away. Butch is in heaven now with the wrestling god’s. I am sure he is already booked for a Heavyweight Championship match. Once again thank you for all the prayers. We will keep this page going in his memory. For funeral arrangements send me a dm for information if you would like to attend. God bless everyone and god bless in heaven ‘Hacksaw Butch Reed’,” they wrote on Reed’s account.
Reed had significant runs with Mid-South Wrestling, WCW/NWA, and WWE, among other promotions. He is most known for his role in the Doom tag team with WWE Hall of Famer Ron Simmons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 9:49 pm

RIP to the Natural!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 8:49 am

AEW has signed Paul Wight.

Quote :
All Elite Wrestling (AEW) has signed long-time WWE superstar Paul Wight to a long-term deal, the promotion announced Wednesday.
Wight is best known to wrestling fans as “The Big Show” and has been part of WWE for over 20 years. Under the deal, Wight will not only wrestle but will also serve as commentator on AEW’s newest show, “AEW Dark: Elevation.” The show will air Mondays at 7 p.m. ET on the AEW YouTube channel.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39598

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 9:03 am

You know, I haven't watched wrestling in a very long time. But I see the commercials and from what I've read (on this site and other places), it seems that AEW is the place for good wrestling now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 4:27 pm

It's definitely better than the crap WWE puts out.  Just the fact that AEW has Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone on commentary is a huge advantage over WWE.  And right now they're doing a cross-promotion with Impact Wrestling where some wrestlers from each promotion appear on the opposite promotions TV show.  Even the owners appear on the opposite show.  I've always enjoyed angles like that.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 9:01 pm

Laughing very hard

Paul Wight comes out on his AEW debut wearing a "No BS" shirt, as in "No Big Show".  That's hilarious!

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Jim Crockett Jr., legendary wrestling promoter and titan in the grappling industry, has died at age 72.

Crockett is best known as the head of Jim Crockett Promotions, which he took over from his father in the 1970s. JCP's role, played during wrestling's territory days in the '70s and '80s, was titanic, helping grow the National Wrestling Alliance and serving three different terms as president of the NWA in the '80s.
Crockett purchasing TBS TV time on Saturday nights from rival Vince McMahon helped Crockett-owned promotions grow beyond some regional boundaries, eventually paving the way for national expansion for the company. The company would later be renamed World Championship Wrestling (WCW) after the promotion's sale to TV mogul Ted Turner.
TBS Saturdays in the '80s were heavy on JCP programming, and the promotion would help catapult the careers of several wrestling icons, including Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and Sting.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 6:31 am

AEW screwed up the finish to the exploding barbed wire match. A stipulation was that after 30 minutes, all the explosives would go up at once. After Omega beat Moxley with the help of the Good Brothers, they beat him down and left him to get hurt in the explosion. Moxley's buddy Eddie Kingston ran in there to help him out but couldn't move him. So sacrificing himself for his long time friend, covered his body over Moxley and the countdown hit zero... then some sparklers went off and a few smoke bombs. Kingston lay on top of Moxley motionless like a huge bomb had gone off and even had medical attending to him.

I'm sure it was supposed to be a big enough blast to knock him out but it wasn't and he didn't improvise and sold the explosion even though it was obvious nothing happened that should have hurt him. I don't think it was Kingston's fault that he didn't react differently than what was scripted. With his head down, he probably didn't realize how badly the "explosion" went.

It's going to take a lot of creative thinking to salvage this but as it stands, the ending to the match was an embarrassment. AEW is going to have a hard time living this down.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 9:57 am

Yeah I didn't see it but they said the pyros were tamer than those used for Kane's entrance. Obviously something didn't go as planned but it was a dumb idea anyway. Imagine if it went the other way and was too explosive.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2021 9:05 pm

So first it was Big Show signing with AEW and now it's Christian.

I like anything that strengthens AEW's challenge to the weak crap WWE puts out. For example I am sooooo tired of this "Head Of The Table" schtick they've been doing with Roman Reigns.  Geez, if they wanted to turn Reigns into an effective heel they should have done this 2 or 3 years ago when people were booing him even though he was a face.  At this point in his character development it's just tired and lame.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 7:07 pm

Holy shit!

Look at Braun Strowman!  I sure hope steroids weren't involved but I find that hard to believe:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wrestler-braun-strowman-looking-lean-144600799.html

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 6:00 am

Man he is huge! Yet they will job him out and make him look weak because "wins & losses don't matter"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 10:05 pm

I just watched the latest TV episode of AEW.

Holy crap!  The women's "lights out" match between Thunderosa and Dr. Britt Baker was waaaaay beyond anything I expected.  Both women ended up bleeding from the head and thumbtacks even came into play. And  it wasn't just a display of brutality; both women also showcased their athleticism with aerial moves.

This was the best match I've seen since ECW died and certainly the best women's match I've ever seen.  I don't recall a single female, singles match where both competitors ended up busted wide open.  Great match.

EDIT:  Found some video:

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 7:37 am

I agree ToHo I finally watched it over the weekend. Britt has really improved over the last year and Thunder Rosa has always been excellent (I enjoyed her matches in NWA).

Hats off to these ladies for putting on a great, gruesome match!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 2:21 am

Glad to see Kane is going into the Hall of Fame this year. He certainly deserves it. He actually got choked up when the Undertaker told him was going in this year. Very nice moment for a man who has earned it many times over. Congrats to the Big Red Machine!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 6:43 pm

Road Dogg in the hospital after a heart attack.

Quote :
Brian James, known to wrestling fans as WWE Hall of Famer Road Dogg, was hospitalized on Saturday after suffering a heart attack, according to his wife.

In a Facebook post, Tracy Conant James said that her husband, age 51, suffered a heart attack on Thursday after returning home from WWE’s training center in Orlando, Florida, where he works as a producer and trainer for the promotion’s developmental program. She said that James has undergone kidney tests, which “came back clear,” and is scheduled to undergo heart tests on Monday.

“Just please pray all the test [sic] come back for something we can fix,” she wrote. “I am a total wreck but I’m trying so hard to be positive! Please pray for Brian.”

That article says he's 51, he sure looks a lot older than that. In fact I thought he was older than that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39598

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 7:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Road Dogg in the hospital after a heart attack.

Quote :
Brian James, known to wrestling fans as WWE Hall of Famer Road Dogg, was hospitalized on Saturday after suffering a heart attack, according to his wife.

In a Facebook post, Tracy Conant James said that her husband, age 51, suffered a heart attack on Thursday after returning home from WWE’s training center in Orlando, Florida, where he works as a producer and trainer for the promotion’s developmental program. She said that James has undergone kidney tests, which “came back clear,” and is scheduled to undergo heart tests on Monday.

“Just please pray all the test [sic] come back for something we can fix,” she wrote. “I am a total wreck but I’m trying so hard to be positive! Please pray for Brian.”

That article says he's 51, he sure looks a lot older than that.  In fact I thought he was older than that.

I wonder if when that happened he said to his wife, " You're ass better call somebody! "
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 9:08 pm

Watching AEW. Pretty "meh" episode but as usual Chris Jericho was gold on the mic. Since the split with MJF last week he's started calling MJF "My Jerkoff Friend". Jericho's always been great on the mic and not to shabby in the ring either.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 8:21 pm

This is interesting: Adnan Virk is the new play by play voice of RAW.

I know him previously from his work with ESPN and his current work with MLB Network so the guy is a legit sports announcer. Not sure how he got hooked up with WWE. If WWE is looking for more announcers they should give Robert Flores of MLB Network a tryout because that guy is an unabashed WWE wrestling fan and constantly brings up WWE references on MLB Network programs.

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 21 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: