Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND

Go down 
+8
Thelemech
corplhicks
tohostudios
Glower
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Empty
PostSubject: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Per Fat Freddy....Who sang this?

"In the morning sun, I seen your face".?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Per Freddy? Then it's gotta be Warrior Soul or Bad Biscuit. What a Face

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 2:08 pm

Errrr...what?

Let the record show that I have no idea why my name is on this thread. I did not authorize its use in such a manner.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Errrr...what?

Let the record show that I have no idea why my name is on this thread. I did not authorize its use in such a manner.

Revenge is always the sensible solution.

I recommend you start a Uncle Saxon's Aren't Guns N Roses Amazing? thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

I recommend you start a Uncle Saxon's Aren't Guns N Roses Amazing? thread Very Happy

I like the way you think Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Cereal? This is a cyber-wonderland. Just go with it.

And, as an aside, this song lyric was uttered by a Philly band. Don't fight it [Kenny Login's - another Philly native], just answer. In the NAME OF FAT FREDDY, JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION!

As an aside to the previous aside? They still make Mad Dog 20/20.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 3:42 pm

I'd say lay off the MD 20/20 for a bit. Neither Freddy or Kenny Loggin's are from Philly.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Britny Fox - such a powerful lyric !
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 8:24 pm

So is Glower correct?  That lyric is from a Britny Fox song?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 8:33 pm

YEP
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 8:46 pm

So I like the concept of this thread (despite it not having the FF endorsement) so let's keep it going; using only song lyrics "commonly known" to most hard rock/metalheads (Britny Fox was a fair entry even though I don't recognize that particular lyric).  In other words, no lyrics by obscure bands no one has heard of.

I'll go next:

"Who's a young girl's fancy and an old maid's dream?"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 1:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd say lay off the MD 20/20 for a bit. Neither Freddy or Kenny Loggin's are from Philly.

Sorry guys. That stuff is evil and I know it. Makes me snakey every time.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 4:14 am

tohostudios wrote:
So I like the concept of this thread (despite it not having the FF endorsement) so let's keep it going; using only song lyrics "commonly known" to most hard rock/metalheads (Britny Fox was a fair entry even though I don't recognize that particular lyric).  In other words, no lyrics by obscure bands no one has heard of.

I'll go next:

We had that going for a while in the Fun and Games section, kinda dropped off but was fun for a while.

Unfortunately, I don't have a non-Google answer for this. Anyone else take a crack?
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:56 am

In the morning sun, I see your face ( she stayed the night )
I can feel your love in your embrace ( they hit it again )
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:56 am

tohostudios wrote:

I'll go next:

Velvet Green - Jethro Tull
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 9:08 am

Post the actual song for an answer - how about that as an idea -
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 9:27 am

Tull is one of the few bands where I actually pay attention to lyrics because Ian Anderson writes some excellent ones.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 9:46 am

'She's Got the Body of Venus/With Arms'
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 10:09 am

manny wrote:
'She's Got the Body of Venus/With Arms'

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 12:10 pm

"A word from your lips and the world turned around
But somehow you've changed
You're so far away"

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Crap; I know that one but it's eluding me.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Aha.  Got it!

Probably my favorite Styx song.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 5:50 pm

BTW, thanks for that entry in the thread.  It provided the impetus for me to create my own Best Of Styx comp.  Right now I'm ripping Pieces of Eight; it's hard for me to believe that album is over 40 years old.  Holy crap I'm an old fart.  Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND 387733

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Styx really had some thoughtful lyrics if you could get away from Babe and Lady and tons of musical talent.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 6:41 pm

I've never quite figured out what Suite: Madame Blue was about.  I remember the amusement park I worked at at the time had several lines from the song painted on a bridge over a creek and seemed to portray the song as being about America.  And some of the lyrics DO seem to point in that direction but if that's the case the song seems more like an indictment as opposed to a celebration of the country.

Any thoughts?

PostSubject: Re: Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND   Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fat Freddy's NAME THAT BAND
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next