Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 7:28 am

Quote :

Oh yeah, I'm loving these later entries in the Chucky franchise.  They're total farce and not AT ALL serious but rather very entertaining, extremely dark and gory comedy.  I loved "Bride" and I'm digging "Seed" even more.

And Zombie's right; the in-jokes are hilarious.  Plus there's a lot of wit in the dialogue.  Like when Tilley the actress and Tilley the voice of the puppet are both on the phone in a three way conversation with the actress Tilley's go-fer.

I think you need to give these two another shot FF; they're the most fun, dark comedies I've watched in a long time.  If you go into them looking for horror movies you'll absolutely hate them but if you approach these films with the mindset needed for something like "Meet The Feebles" I think you'll dig 'em.

Mmmm, nah, like I said, I liked "Bride" fine, it struck the right balance between humor and carnage... but one viewing of "Seed" was enough for me, it was just TOO silly. I don't mind "horror comedies" but I prefer when they tilt closer to the horror side. If I want a full on farce, I'll watch "Airplane!" for the millionth time. Very Happy

Is your marathon going to include the two most recent DTV installments, "Curse of Chucky" and "Cult of Chucky?" I was pleasantly surprised by both of those, I'd be interested to see your takes on 'em.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 10:38 am

Got caught up on 'True Detective' in preparation for the finale this Sunday. This season was excellent. Miles better than the last one.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 1:26 pm

Quote :
Is your marathon going to include the two most recent DTV installments, "Curse of Chucky" and "Cult of Chucky?" I was pleasantly surprised by both of those, I'd be interested to see your takes on 'em.

Yep! Curse is up next. I bought all 7 flicks in a Blu-ray box set.

I really enjoyed "Seed". I like when Tiffany is locked behind a door and Chucky hacks a hole in it with an axe. He leers through the door a la Jack Nicholson, stops and says "I can't think of a thing to say."

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 1:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

Yep!  Curse is up next.  I bought all 7 flicks in a Blu-ray box set.

I really enjoyed "Seed".  I like when Tiffany is locked behind a door and Chucky hacks a hole in it with an axe.  He leers through the door a la Jack Nicholson, stops and says "I can't think of a thing to say."

Well Toho, you've got me all excited about a Child's Play marathon haha. Seed, Bride, and Curse are now on my must-watch list.

Cult was amazing, although a little too short (you'll see what I mean). Killer cast in that one. I swear Dourif's daughter is his clone haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 4:56 pm

"Seed" was a riot.  I understand why FF didn't like it because it's not even remotely meant to be taken seriously and it sure doesn't take itself seriously either.  But I thought it was a blast.

Edit: Ya know, reflecting back on it, this was the most fun I've had watching a movie since the first time I saw "Meet The Feebles" and they have a lot in common.  Masterful puppeteering, extreme gore, and lots of in-jokes.

Corpl: if you're going to watch these flicks, do yourself a favor and watch them in chronological order; they'll make more sense that way.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Started Curse Of Chucky today on the elliptical.

I think I prefer silly Chucky to serious Chucky.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Oh yeah, I'm loving these later entries in the Chucky franchise.  They're total farce and not AT ALL serious but rather very entertaining, extremely dark and gory comedy.  I loved "Bride" and I'm digging "Seed" even more.

And Zombie's right; the in-jokes are hilarious.  Plus there's a lot of wit in the dialogue.  Like when Tilley the actress and Tilley the voice of the puppet are both on the phone in a three way conversation with the actress Tilley's go-fer.

I think you need to give these two another shot FF; they're the most fun, dark comedies I've watched in a long time.  If you go into them looking for horror movies you'll absolutely hate them but if you approach these films with the mindset needed for something like "Meet The Feebles" I think you'll dig 'em.

Mmmm, nah, like I said, I liked "Bride" fine, it struck the right balance between humor and carnage... but one viewing of "Seed" was enough for me, it was just TOO silly. I don't mind "horror comedies" but I prefer when they tilt closer to the horror side. If I want a full on farce, I'll watch "Airplane!" for the millionth time. Very Happy

I heard they're remaking Child's Play.

It looks like they're going on full serious Chucky for this one. Although there will probably be some humor (after all, 99% of movies that aren't comedies do have one or two scenes meant to be funny on some level, even if it's not laugh out loud funny, and just meant to be smirk worthy), it looks like it's definitely not going to be comedic enough to label a horror-comedy hybrid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Yeah I knew they were "re-imagining" Child's Play.  I bet Chucky gets the full-on CGI treatment too.  Sorry, not interested.  Part of the fun of watching these Chucky flicks is enjoying the puppeteering and facial expressions being rendered with practical effects.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 9:01 pm

MASH
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 2:15 am

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah I knew they were "re-imagining" Child's Play.  I bet Chucky gets the full-on CGI treatment too.  Sorry, not interested.  Part of the fun of watching these Chucky flicks is enjoying the puppeteering and facial expressions being rendered with practical effects.

It gets worse!

1. None of the original cast & crew, including writer/director Don Mancini, want anything to do with the remake,

2. Chucky is NOT voiced by Dourif WTF RIGHT,

3. The story is no longer satanic but more of an AI sci-fi flavor.

Yeah, count me out.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 10:34 am

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

It gets worse!

1. None of the original cast & crew, including writer/director Don Mancini, want anything to do with the remake,

2. Chucky is NOT voiced by Dourif WTF RIGHT,

3. The story is no longer satanic but more of an AI sci-fi flavor.

Yeah, count me out.

And then everyone involved in the making of it will be shocked when it flops and wonder what went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 5:22 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 2qxc61f

Very enjoyable film.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 5:58 pm

Beast (2018)

In a small isolated island community, a woman falls for a mysterious man who may or may not be involved in a series ofrape/murders. Complicating matters is that he woman may also unknowingly be involved. A very decent movie that keeps you guessing.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Tourist Trap (1979)

A group of stranded teens (including a young hot Tanya Roberts) stumble upon an out of the way closed down wax museum and it's former owner (Chuck Connors). What a weird movie but gotta give it props for doing a horror film with a slightly different spin.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Required Fields wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 2qxc61f

Very enjoyable film.

Yeah I want to see this; based on the trailers it looks very interesting especially for a pro wrestling fan.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 6:39 pm

007 wrote:
Tourist Trap (1979)

A group of stranded teens (including a young hot Tanya Roberts) stumble upon an out of the way closed down wax museum and it's former owner (Chuck Connors). What a weird movie but gotta give it props for doing a horror film with a slightly different spin.

I haven't seen that in ages but I remember enjoying it.  And if I remember correctly it's only rate PG.  As I said when I started posting about watching the Chucky movies, there's something about the "doll/mannequin come to life" trope that just always creeps me out.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 6:53 pm

Oh yea, "Tourist Trap" was a good'un.

Added bonus: a young, pre-"Charlie's Angels" Tanya Roberts is in it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Phantom 2049
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:51 pm

So I'm 2/3 of the way through "Curse Of Chucky" and if I hadn't really enjoyed the silly, black humor of "Bride" and "Seed" so much I'd probably really be enjoying this flick as it's way more creepy and "scary" than the second and third entries in the franchise.  But I miss "goofy Chucky" and his "wife"; I thought those flicks were a riot.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 10:35 am

Brain Damage (1988)

Goofy movie about a teen that ends up in a relationship with a centuries old talking parasite that feeds on brains. Written and directed by the same guy who did Basket Case. In fact, the main character from that flick has a cameo in this one, basket in hand.

Strait-Jacket (1964)

Joan Crawford as a woman who catches her younger husband (Lee Majors!) in bed with another woman. Outraged, she takes an axe to both in front of their daughter and ends up incarcerated in an asylum. 20 years later, she's released and reunites with her daughter. But things start going downhill as she starts hearing voices and eventually bodies start dropping. A William Castle film that comes across Hitchcockian. Pretty good film.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 1:20 pm

Ah yes, Brain Damage and "Aylmer's Tune".  The worm is voiced by some guy who had a local Saturday night horror show on TV back in the day (forget his name).  It's not as good Basket Case IMO because it spends too much time with the stupid, "effects" of Aylmer's juice but it certainly is different.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 1:22 pm

Finished Curse Of Chucky today.

Ya know, if I hadn't enjoyed Bride and Seed so much I'd have said this was the best of the franchise.  It's certainly better than 2 and 3 and I'd say even better than the original.  But I really loved the goofiness of Bride and Seed.  I liked how they worked in a cameo by Jennifer Tilly in this one.  Did those of you who've seen Curse watch thru the credits?  There's a tacked on ending that's pretty interesting.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Brain Damage is awesome! Henenlotter is a such a metal director. Been wanting to revisit Basket Case since I've only seen it in standard def on small TV sets. The DVD restoration was pretty incredible though.

tohostudios wrote:
Finished Curse Of Chucky today.

Ya know, if I hadn't enjoyed Bride and Seed so much I'd have said this was the best of the franchise.  It's certainly better than 2 and 3 and I'd say even better than the original.  But I really loved the goofiness of Bride and Seed.  I liked how they worked in a cameo by Jennifer Tilly in this one.  Did those of you who've seen Curse watch thru the credits?  There's a tacked on ending that's pretty interesting.

Actually I did see that ending, but not the rest of the movie haha. My buddy is a Chucky fanboy and made it mandatory viewing for me one night. I chuckled, took me a while to realize who the actor was.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 6:21 pm

Curse is actually very good and if it had followed the rather lackluster Childs Play 2 and 3 I'd be raving about it. 

Next up is Cult Of Chucky and then I have to figure out what I'm going to watch next.  Right now I'm leaning toward the latter day Mothra I, II and III blu-rays that I bought several months ago.  Then probably the Mad Max remake, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them and then I'll probably rewatch the entire Star Trek Next Generation series again - it's been several years since I've done that and that should take me through the summer with my 30 minute workouts.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:07 pm

"Halloween" (2018)

40 years after surviving Michael Myers' original killing spree, a still-traumatized Laurie Strode must protect her family when the serial killer escapes from the asylum and hunts her down.
...so essentially, this 21st century update of the classic horror series is "Terminator 2," with Laurie in the Sarah Conner role.
The flick didn't suck, but I wasn't as blown away by it as some seemed to be. There are some good gory kills and it's fun to pick out the many affectionate nods and references to past "Halloween" flicks, but overall it was unnecessary.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 8 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 44  Next